• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Advice I would have is to get the runes for extra jumps, dashes, and movement speed as soon as you can. It makes things so much easier.

YoungGunsII

Banned
Apr 23, 2019
Denmark
Advice I would have is to get the runes for extra jumps, dashes, and movement speed as soon as you can. It makes things so much easier.
I have the one with extra dash, just no room for it at the moment :(

At level 102 I am having a hard time with third boss. First 50% hp goes fine, after that I am getting my ass kicked. Any good advices people?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019

At level 102 I am having a hard time with third boss. First 50% hp goes fine, after that I am getting my ass kicked. Any good advices people?

Take priority for the traps. Disable the red orbs (Left and top or right and top), kick the yellow balloons. Try not to get too close if any of her attacks are happening. Be patient for openings. Her fireballs are easy enough to dodge if she's not up in your face. The side yellow balloons are the hardest. Just kick the ones near the top then jump over the wall.

Are these keyed to drop in specific biomes?

Unfortunately random from rune chest drops. Once you have them, though, they take priority over all else other than HP on kill (both STR/INT ones).

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe so. It's mostly to keep the game challenging.

I am doing 5/5 on the Burden of Evolution so that I can encounter more high level enemies and get more gold. So that's an indirect benefit.

The others are just to increase the size of the castle, make the enemies faster (not stronger), and alter the battle with Lamech. Nothing crazy.

I do wonder how people are approaching NG+ in general.

Yeah I will say that the ones that level up the enemies and increase the area size are good ones to turn all the way up.

You'll get a crazy amount of gold in every run.

Firebricks

Jan 27, 2018
Got all the achievements in this yesterday, things get real wild once you get to NG+6 and beyond as far as gold is concerned. Amazing game, I think i finished it at 80ish hours.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK

Found this one pretty rhythmic. Duelist worked for me with the combination of air and ground attacks and ability to dodge roll through projectiles, but Gunslinger is also a good shout. Any spell or talent that eliminates large or medium projectiles will be useful. Astromancer works well against large, slow moving enemies as well.

Keep bouncing overhead where you can, and as someone above mentioned prioritise the nightmares when they arrive. Remember you can also spin kick off of her on your way overhead which saved me a load of aggro.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Alright, how on Earth do you deal with Enoch's final stage?

I can get him there almost flawlessly but the green pips seem to be unavoidable in that last section.

EDIT - I managed to beat him shortly afterwards with a decent Ranger roll, started with extra crit damage and landing those perfect releases is very satisfying and the ivy canopy helped with the section I was struggling with.

Last edited:

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017

I can get him there almost flawlessly but the green pips seem to be unavoidable in that last section.

EDIT - I managed to beat him shortly afterwards with a decent Ranger roll, started with extra crit damage and landing those perfect releases is very satisfying and the ivy canopy helped with the section I was struggling with.
Nice, I think that is also how I finally defeated that boss. The gunslingers ability to hang in the air is also super useful against them. For the other classes I tend to start to the far left or right of the arena while the boss is doing their running attack and spinjump off them when they get close. If you abuse the dash and double jump you can stay long enough in the air for the poisoned coins to despawn before you need to land (especially once you get the triple jump).

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Nice, I think that is also how I finally defeated that boss. The gunslingers ability to hang in the air is also super useful against them. For the other classes I tend to start to the far left or right of the arena while the boss is doing their running attack and spinjump off them when they get close. If you abuse the dash and double jump you can stay long enough in the air for the poisoned coins to despawn before you need to land (especially once you get the triple jump).

It hand't actually occurred to me to spin kick off of the boss themselves despite using it against a different boss... Good tip.

I'm now dipping my toe into the fifth area and JFC, it ramps up here significantly.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I returned this after 2 hours. I'm not sure if I'm up to the grind. I felt like I was making very little progress each run. It was frustrating to come to a boss door and an area I couldn't access. I'm also just really bad at it lol. So many things hitting me in mid air! But I really want to like this. It's a really good Deck experience too. Maybe I'll pick it back up on sale

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

How I dealt with that phase was basically dodging all the time, however with Boxer when they start jumping you can get some hits, dodge, hits, doge, hit, dodge on repeat. Then go back to all dodging once they start doing their other attacks.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
I returned this after 2 hours. I'm not sure if I'm up to the grind. I felt like I was making very little progress each run. It was frustrating to come to a boss door and an area I couldn't access. I'm also just really bad at it lol. So many things hitting me in mid air! But I really want to like this. It's a really good Deck experience too. Maybe I'll pick it back up on sale

honestly I think the grind is a fair reason to bounce. but if you do come back, there are a bunch of house rules in the options that can mitigate some of this frustration - a big one that lots of people turn off is contact damage.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How I dealt with that phase was basically dodging all the time, however with Boxer when they start jumping you can get some hits, dodge, hits, doge, hit, dodge on repeat. Then go back to all dodging once they start doing their other attacks.

How did you handle the green poison drops, though as Boxer? It just coats the room left to right, which was my issue. Even with doulb ejump + dash I couldn't stay airborne long enough to avoid them totally unelss I had the Archer or Gunslinger.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
How did you handle the green poison drops, though as Boxer? It just coats the room left to right, which was my issue. Even with doulb ejump + dash I couldn't stay airborne long enough to avoid them totally unelss I had the Archer or Gunslinger.

Did you hold down the dash? I found that was always enough to get to the other side and then instantly jump and go back the other way if needed.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Did you hold down the dash? I found that was always enough to get to the other side and then instantly jump and go back the other way if needed.

Maybe it was just me being dim at the time, it was pretty late last night.

I was just surprised by the fact there was no obvious remedy to the attack, for which there's normally something you can do in the arena against a boss (void dash, spin kick etc.). It felt unavoidable as a result which didn't seem right.

Whatever the case, I did manage to get him in the end and now I'm suffering the wrath of the Sun Tower.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
If the dash isn't enough, do some spin kicks if you can. Gives you a little leeway.

Your best bet on boxer is just waiting until he starts spitting the explosives at you.

If you can find a second boxing bell, take it. It stacks and makes boxer (and some other jobs) insanely broken.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck these Dual Bosses Scar Challenges. I feel like the AI is tuned in such a way that they always do attacks that compliment each other and fuck you over to the max.

Not to mention that I sometimes feel like the dash should have iframes. It's literally bizzare to play games like this with a dash and having it have 0 iframes. It preys on players who are used to using dashes like it at the right times to dodge an attack.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
I kind of felt like the scars were just ridiculous and dumb, rather than brutal. The boss fight ones in particular are just messy as all hell. I initially liked the idea of challenges that don't take any of your levels or progress into account, but ultimately disliked them more and more as the game progressed. Maybe if they had been decently challenging rather than stupid, the whole empathy system (another thing whose whole purpose seems to be to just pad the length of the game) didn't exist and there was a lot more variety to them, I might have liked doing them.

At least the scar shop didn't give you any direct buffs, mainly just raised the level cap of various things, so I had no qualms just cheating my way through that part.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The scars are brutal in general. The initial two are fine but everything lvl. 5 or above is nuts. I got bronze in the target one, at least.

The target one has been my favourite scar so far. Grinding that down to the 25 second gold time was super satisfying and Ranger is my favourite class to use.

Agree with others about the dual bosses though. They're hectic to the point of inhibiting any real strategy.

Kabukimurder

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've played for 5 hours and still haven't been able to complete one fairy chest challenge.. a lot just feel impossible with/without some combinations of skills or traits.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I've played for 5 hours and still haven't been able to complete one fairy chest challenge.. a lot just feel impossible with/without some combinations of skills or traits.
Spike immunity makes most easy. Astromancer and Assassins talents also make a bunch easy as well.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I'm currently just cycling Heroes so I can force more new dialogue at the docks. Working towards that true ending. And oh my god, this is taking forever. I can't imagine picking up all the dialogue legit. It would take you hundreds of hours.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Take that Irad.

After finally getting to him and locking down I thought it was mega tough. One of the more bullet hell style bosses this far, but a Duelist with Tesla Spike and some nifty moves made short work of him.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Just beat the game and started new game plus runs. I think because they made the game so grindy I might prefer the first game overall. I dunno how much longer I'll play for but I am curious how many extra bosses, story stuff and new game plus additions there are.

Oct 25, 2017
Tried to start a new Thread after the parade, but it didn't increment my NG+, so I basically threw out that entire run?

EDIT: I restored from a previous save file, but I guess you can still increment NG+ later. Not sure on that though.

Last edited:

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Tried to start a new Thread after the parade, but it didn't increment my NG+, so I basically threw out that entire run. Pretty much absolutely game ruining for me. I'm done. Motivation is absolutely annihilated.
I believe you can find that same NPC in the Drift House once you arrive at the docks. And you can start a new thread whenever you want.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Ah, I see. I thought I missed some trigger. What is the exact condition for being able to increment NG+ level? I restored from a save but I guess that was unnecessary.
Fulfill the Burden requirement. You need 2 Burdens per Thread. So if you do NG+1, you need 2 Burdens. They are modifiers that make the game a little harder. So pick what sounds doable.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
This game truly has its hooks in me. I like nearly all the classes, and the power curve as your progress is addictive.

It's one of few games I feel like I can happily grind in, just because playing it is so enjoyable, though I can't say I've had to grind in particular thus far (just passed the fifth boss).

Just did a gold run with a Perfectionist (only spin kicks and skill crits do damage) Ranger which was interesting. Having to nail every shot was tricky, and felt a bit like Sekiro on the harder difficulties where you can to perfectly deflect or still took damage.

PeterVenkman

Oct 25, 2017
New patch has some pretty big mage and bard changes. That and some more lenience with contact damage, should be good to try out. They also adjusted brightness with and without the lantern.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
The buffs on the mage are good. I've never been majorly fond of the class and to be honest I have let my intelligence and focus stat fall by the wayside a bit, but they now feel a lot more powerful now. Being able to flow from weapon attack > magic break > magic > auto skill crit with weapon > repeat is a real damage increase.

Oct 25, 2017
Ng and I set 9 burdens. That may be too much. I'm inundated with new equips to buy/upgrade that is frankly overwhelming. That is a bad interface to click through. I may reset the thread to the minimum burdens and progress a little more slowly.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Got all the achievements last night. So done for now.

The grind to befriend everyone sucked. But the game got more fun the farther I got. I hit a slump in like NG+2 and 3. But then it turned around. I feel like a damn pro with Valkyrie now.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Struggling with Pishon Dry lake.

Everything hits like an absolute truck so it's just survivability. I saw a few people complaining about grinding for the Sun Tower because of the difficulty spike (partially because it didn't drop that much gold but that's been imporved) but I didn't find that personally. Now for the first time I feel the need to grind to make myself even half way survivable down here.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone in the new game plus modes able to use the lancer effectively? I did some runs with them recently and although the faster charge on their ability is useful they just seem unable to deal with the increased numbers of projectiles and other hazards you face in thread+1, +2 and onwards.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
So at first I was a little disappointed, feeling like this was pretty much the same as the first game. Then I got the double jump and double air dash and thought, yay this is the same as the first game!

Seriously I cannot understand complaints about the controls. Everything feels perfect to me.

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
I think I will wrap up RL2 soon, after 80 hours of playtime. I've been breezing through NG+2 but am now at the point where I have the sixth and final bosses left and I just don't feel like playing them anymore. The other bosses are fine even the prime versions of some. Love the credits by the way, with the return of Whale. Shark. in the background, lovely and rewarding touch. Probably my favourite game so far this year, perhaps not Hades-level of great but still really good and addictive.