Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
This should be a democratic debate question. Is Stephen Miller a white nationalist, y/n. If you can't answer honestly, gtfo the stage.

Saying "but he's Jewish!" sounded just as dumb when people said it about Milo.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah he's definitely a white nationalist.

GOP trying to play some games and hide behind labels.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Sorry we all forgot that apparently being Jewish is now a super power that makes you bullet proof to criticism. And merely being Muslim makes you a terrorist by default.. GOT IT.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
White supremacy and Nazism aren't the same thing. They overlap a whole lot but they are still separate concepts. White supremacy is a very general concept, while Nazism is a more narrow term/refers to specific group of people who identify as such/support the ideology.

Yeah. Back in a day Nazis actually didn't really particularly hate Islam or muslims. Hitler actually thought that Islam would had been better religion for Germany than the ''weak'' christianity. Modern white supremacy on the other hand is all about islamophobia. Of course another huge difference is how slavs were subhumans to Nazis when today modern Russia is one of the biggest allies of right wing groups.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I agree @Dubbedinenglish Leftists in Israel regularly say Bibi is a racist hypocrite, and frankly I agree. Also a war criminal and agitator. Abby Martin interviewed some his hardcore right-wing fans/followers and the stuff they say is mind boggling, the overt racism reminds me somewhat of how used to be in the U.S. during the Civil Rights Era.

They have youth groups (not sure how common) that rope in kids to indoctrinate them into believing terrible stuff like interracial marriage with ethnic-Arabs is not 'pure' and stuff like that. As an add on to that, there are fiction and non-fiction books about Palestinians and Israeli's finding love, but they are considered 'radical.' An example would be the author Dorit Rabinyan that wrote a book about her real life falling in love with a Palestinian artist ("All The Rivers" in English), the book became popular among youth, which angered non other than Netanyahu's party when it became recommended in Israeli schools and was pulled by the Ministry of Education. Backlash caused the Ministry to back off allowing teachers to use it again.

"I refuse to let go of my instinct of being in contact with others' pain," ; "This is turning your back. I refuse." - Dorit Rabinyan

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not that I want to take the thread off topic so this will likely be it but saying Israel hypnotizes the world is anti-semitic. The counterpoint is that she is discussing Israel, but Jewish groups brainwashing the world through hypnosis is an anti-semitic staple and has been for centuries. She shouldn't have used that sort of imagery and she also didn't offer any sort of meaningful apology to Jewish communities when they expressed concern over these statements which they were entitled to have.
What?

Everything she talked about was about Israeli lobbying in the Western world. And every single word was correct.

This is not some esoteric "brainwashing" or "hypnotizing" shit. And critizing Israel's lobbying activities isn't antisemitic. There is nothing to apologize for. Ilhan Omar called out the facts. Period.

Bramblebutt

Jan 11, 2018
The idea that Jewish people can't be white nationalist is patently absurd. Do I need to remind anyone about Israel's treatment of Black Ethiopian Jews?

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

If this pushes Miller out into the open for the blatant racist he is, then I'm all for it.
Going to bat for the guy whose been accused of racism by his own family and rabbi is certainly something

Rats

Oct 25, 2017

If this pushes Miller out into the open for the blatant racist he is, then I'm all for it.
Going to bat for the guy whose been accused of racism by his own family and rabbi is certainly something

*Googles*

"Jeff Ballabon is an American media executive, lobbyist for Israel, political advisor, and consultant."

k

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine saying Miller isn't a white nationalist while seeing the effects of his immigration policies. Like fam, he authored the Muslim ban.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine saying Miller isn't a white nationalist while seeing the effects of his immigration policies. Like fam, he authored the Muslim ban.
I mean what do you expect? Call someone who's a blatant racist(and usually white) that they are a racist, what is their response to you? In my experience it's been that I am in fact the racist for saying it. Same shit as always.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory drive-by posting and a consistent history of disingenuous and disruptive behavior
Well, she's right. Omar is anti-Semitic, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that this one particular Jewish person really does happen to be a white supremacist and that it's bad for him to influence policy.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, she's right. Omar is anti-Semitic, but there's nothing wrong with pointing out that this one particular Jewish person really does happen to be a white supremacist and that it's bad for him to influence policy.
No she is not anti-Semitic. Criticizing Israel and white supremacy does not make one an anti-semite.

Dec 22, 2018
How dare she speak the truth!

Hopefully her Democrat colleagues don't throw her under the bus again. It's refreshing seeing someone with a spine in Washington.

Oct 25, 2017
She is not anti-Semitic. Not in any sense of the word.

Don't fall for the derail attempts.

Attn: Don't fall for the derail attempts.
Oh shit..I've been had.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How anyone could think simply being Jewish disqualifies someone from white supremacist ideology when Israel is literally attempting a genocide against Arab people is beyond me.

Imagine if people started claiming "well that person is Christian, and racism is against the teachings of Christianity, thus its impossible for them to be a white supremacist despite all of their racist behavior". That would rightly be declared as bullshit. Yet Judaism gets to be a shield because...?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If calling a Jewish man a white supremacist = being an antisemite

what does calling a muslim woman an antisemite mean?

Also lol at anyone thinking miller isn't a white supremacist.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
If calling a Jewish man a white supremacist = being an antisemite

what does calling a muslim woman an antisemite mean?

Also lol at anyone thinking miller isn't a white supremacist.

Also, being how Rashida Tlaib is a literal Semite (all Palestinians are which is on purpose forgotten), then when you go after her you are being anti-semitic...right?

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Calling a Jewish man a white supremacist is stupid but Miller is awful. Should be interesting exchange

Maybe the average Jewish man, sure.

Miller? Absolutely not.

And this whole idiotic reaction by the dumbest people on the planet - American conservatives - is further proof that they have no ability to identify actual racism or bigotry. None.

Well, she's right. Omar is anti-Semitic.

Based on fucking what?

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
You know, I'm pretty sure last census there was not an option for Latino/Hispanic whatever category they want to put me in because I was born in Mexico City from that heritage. So I had to choose white.
Pretty sure then that being of Jewish heritage does not prevent Death Eater Miller from being a white racist supremacist.
The ones condemning Ilhan on this comment are being racist themselves if they think that being Jewish prevents Miller's racism, like they are implying and hinting that there is some kind of Jewish race.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
What?

Everything she talked about was about Israeli lobbying in the Western world. And every single word was correct.

This is not some esoteric "brainwashing" or "hypnotizing" shit. And critizing Israel's lobbying activities isn't antisemitic. There is nothing to apologize for. Ilhan Omar called out the facts. Period.

No. This was something she said years ago. You're thinking of recent controversies. I don't know what use it is pretending it wasn't controversial when she Even acknowledged the issue and apologized for it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was bound to happen. Her own party opened the doors for this bullshit by throwing out the anti semite charge. The damage done is irrevocable.
No. The GOP had been continuously attacking her since she won the election on this axis, but none of the previous attacks had done any damage outside of the GOP base because there was nothing to it. The "Benjamins" thing blew up internally because there was actually a problem (and that problem has turned out to be her social media manager.) This will fare the same way as all the rest of the stupid bad faith stuff prior to the "Benjamins" thing because no one's going to give it the time of day except for white supremacists.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017

No. No she isn't. As a Jewish person I have not found anything she said to be particularly anti-Semetic.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.jpg

There's been a conspiracy theory among the right-wing (and, unfortunately, some local Democrats) since she started to gain noteriety in Minneapolis that now-Rep. Omar married her brother to get U.S. citizenship.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
funnily enough, this was exactly what you said about the "loyalty to a foreign country" comments before coming up with an excuse to blame Omar when it didn't play out that way
I didn't "come up with an excuse", I said her twitter response would make things worse the moment I saw it, and it did. And then 2 weeks back the underlying problem with why her twitter responses kept accidentally escalating issues made itself known https://twitter.com/jeremyslevin/status/1110651542930108416 (he is her comms manager)