Oct 27, 2017
I did not say you specifically. Re-read my post. I said what you claimed was obvious is not obvious because of ongoing disingenuous arguments around Omar. Your "obvious reasons" could be referencing a myriad of incidents with and attributions of Omar.
why are you two having your own mini argument about something you both agree on??

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't Ben-Shapiro-logic your way around this. I don't want to hear about how a Jew cannot be a White supremacist, it's ridiculous and doesn't stand up to a litany of examples that show women don't have to be feminists and POC can be racists, but also White Jews are just White, so it's rather easy for them to be racist.

But, more importantly, we're not talking about any Jew here. We're talking about evil shit bag Stephen Miller. Stop reducing him to a conversation about Jewish people (he is not us) and looking for a reason to defend him and attack Omar. Stephen Miller is clearly a White supremacist.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
What is awful about him if not his white nationalist worldview? His spray-on hair?
q0zzxxpc1h8cxorvpscz.png

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
This is how Republicans use idiocy to take down courageous advocates. She can talk about absolutely anything now and you'll see a flurry of attacks.

"We should have no kill shelters"

"THAT IS VERY ANTI SEMETIC OF YOU"

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Calling a Jewish man a white supremacist is stupid but Miller is awful

Why is it stupid? I don't see how his religion being this or that affect his well documented contempt and hatred for brown and black people. he should be called out of it and shouted out of town.

The very fact that the US's second biggest political party will defend that trash and probably suffer no consequences in the next elections is pretty telling about the state of US politics. In a healthy country, those tweets would have been career-ending.

Trodimus

Banned
Apr 3, 2019
What has she said in the past that was anti-semitic?

This should be good

Not that I want to take the thread off topic so this will likely be it but saying Israel hypnotizes the world is anti-semitic. The counterpoint is that she is discussing Israel, but Jewish groups brainwashing the world through hypnosis is an anti-semitic staple and has been for centuries. She shouldn't have used that sort of imagery and she also didn't offer any sort of meaningful apology to Jewish communities when they expressed concern over these statements which they were entitled to have.

minsk

Jan 28, 2019
I did not say you specifically. Re-read my post. I said what you claimed was obvious is not obvious because of ongoing disingenuous arguments around Omar.

Sorry, your post was ambiguous between general "you" and individual "you." Since you were replying to me specifically, I assumed it meant individual you, which was highly confusing. Well, anyway, I suppose I should have clarified that "for obvious reasons" meant "because she is a black Muslim woman." My original opinion still stands: being a white dude does not mean the GOP won't freak out about you (again, this literally just happened yesterday), but the freak out is worse and more vicious when you are a black Muslim woman.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Stephen Miller has been a "white nationalist" since high school, this isn't new, shocking, or surprising information. Even his family doesn't want to have anything to do with his views.

Mr.Awesome

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
No it's not, jews can be white supremacist as well.
I guess I take the words white supremacy and apply it to (and certainly dont separate it from) the specific "movement" that has existed in the US (and elsewhere) for hundreds of years and is anti-semitic as one of its key core beliefs. I dont think a Jewish person to be part of that movement. That isnt to say Jewish people (especially Miller) cannot be extreme racist or supremacists themselves.

I love Omar though and shes brought attention to issues everyone else is scared to so I dont hate this.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry, your post was ambiguous between general "you" and individual "you." Since you were replying to me specifically, I assumed it meant individual you, which was highly confusing. Well, anyway, I suppose I should have clarified that "for obvious reasons" meant "because she is a black Muslim woman." My original opinion still stands: being a white dude does not mean the GOP won't freak out about you (again, this literally just happened yesterday), but the freak out is worse and more vicious when you are a black Muslim woman.
We can agree to disagree with the main reason why we started conversing. I don't think Beto or Bernie would get a response from the same people regarding calling Miller a white supremacist. I'm always down for a good avatar bet if you think the near future will answer this hypothetical. My own apologies for any ambiguous language confusing you with other individuals.

why are you two having your own mini argument about something you both agree on??
Because it is a forum and we are clarifying our position and wording to make sure the other understands (we disagree on a topic).

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I take the words white supremacy and apply it to (and certainly dont separate it from) the specific "movement" that has existed in the US (and elsewhere) for hundreds of years and is anti-semitic as one of its key core beliefs. I dont think a Jewish person to be part of that movement. That isnt to say Jewish people (especially Miller) cannot be extreme racist or supremacists themselves.

I love Omar though and shes brought attention to issues everyone else is scared to so I dont hate this.

There's an element of white nationalism that also attacks the Jewish people for sure, but for whatever reason, Miller is willing to ignore that because of his hatred of other races.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
Not that I want to take the thread off topic so this will likely be it but saying Israel hypnotizes the world is anti-semitic. The counterpoint is that she is discussing Israel, but Jewish groups brainwashing the world through hypnosis is an anti-semitic staple and has been for centuries. She shouldn't have used that sort of imagery and she also didn't offer any sort of meaningful apology to Jewish communities when they expressed concern over these statements which they were entitled to have.

Ok so in short, she's never said anything anti-semitic before. Good to know.

minsk

Jan 28, 2019

In my defense, I was originally disagreeing with the person I replied to's view that Bernie/Beto would be greeted with silence if they had made a similar point. For some reason, this turned into some kind of misunderstanding about the part I did agree with, which is that Omar gets worse treatment because of her identity. I guess that's the internet *shrug* I guess it's a good reminder to write as unambiguously as possible.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cant wait until dems start to throw her under the bus again for saying something completely reasonable. Fuck Miller.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Is there really not a hint of irony that they're up in arms about Omar calling out a racist that their response is... calling her one? Like uh

Oct 25, 2018
Please don't Ben-Shapiro-logic your way around this. I don't want to hear about how a Jew cannot be a White supremacist, it's ridiculous and doesn't stand up to a litany of examples that show women don't have to be feminists and POC can be racists, but also White Jews are just White, so it's rather easy for them to be racist.

But, more importantly, we're not talking about any Jew here. We're talking about evil shit bag Stephen Miller. Stop reducing him to a conversation about Jewish people (he is not us) and looking for a reason to defend him and attack Omar. Stephen Miller is clearly a White supremacist.

Jewish person here, cosign.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017

White supremacy and Nazism aren't the same thing. They overlap a whole lot but they are still separate concepts. White supremacy is a very general concept, while Nazism is a more narrow term/refers to specific group of people who identify as such/support the ideology.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Of course they're shitting on her for being correct. It's par for the course at this point. She'll survive, and at this point I'm more interested in seeing at which point people stop buying into disingenuous accusations of antisemitism. Almost everyone aside from progressives thought the AIPAC stuff was antisemitic. There are sure to be even fewer people on board with these accusations. Where is the bar for the Democratic Party writ-large? For moderates?

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
They're going to take that one issue and apply it to everything about her like it applies to everything she says and does.

If you shout it loud enough it becomes true. At least that's what they think.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
What is it with conservatives and trying to pretend being a Jew and being white are two mutually exclusive things.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Repeating what many others said but she's a brown woman, it's different.

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Worthless piece of shit republicans making me like her more every day.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was bound to happen. Her own party opened the doors for this bullshit by throwing out the anti semite charge. The damage done is irrevocable.