Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's really an issue of semantics because White Nationalism and White Supremacy are usually associated with Neo-Nazi and anti-Semitic ideologies which would seemingly preclude Jews from partaking but clearly, those categories and designations have shifted in the last few years and regardless, Miller is a fucking racist.

He's also creepy as fuck.

Omar isn't wrong.
There are plenty of non-white white supremacists

reaganstein

Dec 13, 2017
This faux outrage from Republicans makes my blood boil. Ironically, it is dripping with islamaphobia. Yet, somehow they manage to control the narrative. Partially the media's fault and partially the Dems fault. (edit: their fault for letting Rs control the narrative)

I'd really like to see democrats come to her defense in a big fashion. I mean, like, get up there and air all the dirty racist laundry (and there's plenty of it) from all the Republican members of congress, one by one, bringing along the receipts (screenshots, pictures, whatever) so it can't be refuted. Should've been done before that resolution that passed after the last claims of anti-semitism against Omar. If the Republicans really want to call out bigotry in Congress, then let's get it all out there. See how genuine their concern is.

Dems should have gotten on the state run media train sooner. Fox news sure caught them off guard.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
All of these stuff just seems childish from both parties. Trying to run a country, but they rather resort to name-calling and finger-pointing, it's crazy to think that anything gets down in Washington.

This person is this label... that person is that label.. most of the time it's overblown, but they can't get out of their childish behaviors. Everyone is a victim, everyone blames someone else for their issues, it's ridiculous.
I don't really feel like getting a ban for off-site drama, but you use the same username on a lot of websites and you should really fuck off with this you racist piece of shit.

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Off-site sleuthing.
All of these stuff just seems childish from both parties. Trying to run a country, but they rather resort to name-calling and finger-pointing, it's crazy to think that anything gets down in Washington.

This person is this label... that person is that label.. most of the time it's overblown, but they can't get out of their childish behaviors. Everyone is a victim, everyone blames someone else for their issues, it's ridiculous.
After looking a bit more, I decided I would risk the ban.

MOD EDIT: Content removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There are so many more that I'm not posting. This will be my last one:

You had an Era account when you posted this, you phony fucking cumstain.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
There are so many more that I'm not posting. This will be my last one:

You had an Era account when you posted this, you phony fucking cumstain.

giphy.gif

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Latina (non white) Jew here. Not many people know there are diverse Jews beyond Ashkenazi. Its a literal struggle to have my Sfardi identity taken seriously by non Jews because they have no idea what the fuck that is, because Ashkenazic centric representation of Jews is that of a neutered, nebbish, man of eastern european descent. I can only imagine how much harder it must be for Mizrahi or Ethiopian Jews. Shit isnt being helped at all by Netanyahu's Ashkenazi superiority rhetoric. Seriously fuck that guy. And fuck the GOP. You absolutely CAN be a white supremacist and a Jew. It is possible to recognize the persecution and violence, in modern memory, of Jews while recognizing the racism that exists within Jewish communities. It also inspires a backlash of Jewish victimhood that undermines any attempt to reckon in a thoughtful and rigorous way with simultaneous Jewish privilege: Jews can't be racist, the thinking goes, because they aren't allowed to be white.
Isn't racism against Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews by Ashkenazi common in Israel? I'm a American Ashkenazi and I never personally witnessed that mostly because almost everyone Jewish here in America is Ashkenazi.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder: off-site sleuthing is against ResetEra's ToS. Please do not engage in such behavior. If you have concerns about something, you are more than welcome to contact a moderator.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This whole thing has just been a disaster for the Washington establishment who have clearly been not ready for pushback on the institutions they are protecting.

Omar from the beginning has been saying rather banal and common sense things about Israeli and US policy, but even that is enough to get people in power scared of her. Its quite refreshing as much as it is sad how they turn the guns on her and try and character assassinate her to the point where she gets legit threats to her life.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, the incumbent and probably future administration of the self-proclaimed Jewish state is run by white nationalists, so....

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
This is a very good piece. http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...ht-stephen-miller-is-a-white-nationalist.html

"But the GOP's decision to brand Omar's comments as anti-Semitic is something much worse than unfair or unsupportable. It is confirmation that the party sees anti-Semitism less as a scourge to be combatted than as a political cudgel to be exploited. "

It's this first, second, and third, especially when Uncomfortable Hard Truths about one's self and one's party is in play and you really, really need to change that channel fast.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
it's pretty fuckin' stupid that an ERA member can get banned for exposing a member's racist ass comments on another site

jbourne didn't doxx anyone or provide personal information, they posted screenshots of the user using the same screenname on reddit saying hateful, racist bullshit.

Ary F.

Oct 30, 2017
Isn't racism against Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews by Ashkenazi common in Israel? I'm a American Ashkenazi and I never personally witnessed that mostly because almost everyone Jewish here in America is Ashkenazi.
Not Israeli myself either and I'm from California. I currently live in Spain and when I was at my Sephardic majority synagouge a couple of months ago (its been a while shame on me, I promise I'll go during Pesach) we did hear about how common it is in Israel from those who have lived there. There's def a social segregation and discrimination. If you're white passing, its easier to move around socially, but if you're brown....
Most effed up situation I heard was of a young ashkenaz who had his engagement called off. This carried a stigma so no Ashkenaz wanted their daughter to marry him. A single Jewish Man well into his marriage years is viewd as an oddity at best and an embarrasment at worse (if you think your Bubbe pestering you for grandkids is bad, Haredi take it to a whole new ass level). So in a last ditch effort to find a wife he had to look for a Sephardic woman, which carries a stigma just as big since Sfardi women are stereotyped as "loose."

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
All races, religions and cultures have people who use racism against others. That's human tribalism at work. It's ridiculous to say that it doesn't happen.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
it's pretty fuckin' stupid that an ERA member can get banned for exposing a member's racist ass comments on another site

jbourne didn't doxx anyone or provide personal information, they posted screenshots of the user using the same screenname on reddit saying hateful, racist bullshit.

Word

Obvious trolls should be pointed out

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I think knowing if a member is a massive racist is slightly more important than "civility". Did it stop being racist because it was hosted on a different domain?

GSG

Oct 25, 2017

I agree, Jbourne should not have been banned IMO

Give him a warning at the most. I don't disagree with him exposing another member's shitty views.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017

it doesn't really feel right, no