Votes: 329 25.0%
  • Negative Hype

Votes: 59 4.5%
  • Thor 2: The Dark World

Votes: 106 8.0%

• Total voters

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Why is thor 2 treated like a shit movie? Or is this just a meme I'm missing?

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
It looks too far removed from the first game. I miss the close corridors of the first. The first game felt more like hub areas which I prefer over more open world checklists.

I think I'll wait for reviews for this. As long as it as decent linear levels I may still pick it up.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This is something that with just a bit of effort you can research and know the answer to in a minutes.

The amount of misinformation and ignorance needs to be adressed by bethesda in a single info dump release trailer. there are still people who think the "cheat codes" can be bought with real money. The only real controversy is the terrible quality of the talking mutant head.

I've been looking for that info and have yet to see it brought up in any previews I've read. Last one I read just talked about the combat.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
Just enough time for me to finish Sekiro and then I'll definitely get this if it's any good. One of my most anticipated games of this half of the year.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
For enemies, interesting AI. I don't care if it's a mutant dinosaur robot cowboy ninja; if it's just doing to stand around doing fairly standard attacks at the player, that's not very interesting. I've seen about...30 minutes of gameplay and outside of the very occasional special enemy which appeared to use some degree of tactical ability, it was pretty bog standard.
Oh I see what you mean, AI pathing right. Well in actual fact Rage was quite big in offering enemy impact both from player and to player back in the day, to the point where it was a rather big PR point. We've had flanking enemies since the dawn of Halo but OG Rage took it to a whole new level so I do expect the same for Rage 2.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was more interested in Rage 2 before I knew more about it. There's that window of when you just know the general concept of a game and it could potentially be your ideal version of it. I'm still some amount of interested though.
Thor: The Dark World was thought to epitomize something people didn't particularly care to make a vehement argument for, and became a hyperbolic meme to that effect.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
If i dont know any games to play, i might pick this up for around 20 bucks at some point, thats where my hype is right now

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I see what you mean, AI pathing right. Well in actual fact Rage was quite big in offering enemy impact both from player and to player back in the day, to the point where it was a rather big PR point. We've had flanking enemies since the dawn of Halo but OG Rage took it to a whole new level so I do expect the same for Rage 2.
Right - Rage 1 was pretty great here. But I wasn't seeing much of that in the preview stuff, sadly. I mean, maybe it'll all be different or expanded on in the full release, but from what I've seen, just not that interesting.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Will be getting once I've finished a couple of games in my backlog (likely by late summer atm).

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
This is something that with just a bit of effort you can research and know the answer to in a minutes.

The amount of misinformation and ignorance needs to be adressed by bethesda in a single info dump release trailer. there are still people who think the "cheat codes" can be bought with real money. The only real controversy is the terrible quality of the talking mutant head.
I thought I read that too, that you have to clear camps and gain reputation for different factions like in FC5. Did I misunderstand something?

bak4fun

Oct 25, 2017
Day one, not hyped, but I mostly don't get hyped anymore. There's only a few exception.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Maybe day 1 if reviews are just stellar but this is a 40 dollar purchase to me.

WyLD iNk

Oct 27, 2017
Here, duh.
My FPS and post-apocalyptic obsessed girlfriend preordered it some time ago. Deluxe Edition. So I'll probably be day one. Or two if she's territorial. I'm looking forward to the Tim Kitzrow commentary mode, personally.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Game looks fun as hell, and I found a console copy pre order for $49. Day 1. This and Days Gone will last me a while.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
cancelled my cheap preorder ($40) and will wait for reviews and later sale as I've got no hype for it

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Waiting for price drop no matter the reviews, Already balls deep into Days Gone and have no desire to jump into yet another open world post apocalyptic game anytime soon.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Any 60fps console footage yet? The PS Access one wasn't at 60fps despite being captured from the pro!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Managed to grab the Deluxe edition for a cool $30 after using a $50 Xbox Store card I got from MS Rewards. Now I can just carve my way through the game in a weekend with the BFG!

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Do we know anything about micro transactions? I'm guessing since they mentioned it being a GaaS game when they announced it they'll be selling something that you can either grind forever or pony up case for in-game.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I am pretty excited and it seems super fun, that said, it's a open world game so we'll see how long I'll be invested to keep playing.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't care for it. But like any new AAA title I'm interested in review scores.

I'll only play it if it comes to Gamepass.

Because most think it's a shit movie. I had to stop watching it because it was so bad.

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I want to be hyped but it just looks like another generic shoot em up game without any real substance. So zero hype for me.

Although the NBA Jams announcer aspect is pretty cool but I'm not gonna drop 60 bones just for that feature lol.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I was pretty hyped when it was announced (leaked) as I thought the first game had so much potential. My hype has pretty much fizzled to zero at this point though. The 100's of hours of content isn't really a selling point for me anymore; really waiting to see what reviews say and learn whether the content stays fun and engaging or if it ends just falling into open world busy-work trap. If reviews are really positive, I might pick it up when it comes out, but before I can get excited, I want more in-depth information on what the gameplay loop is like.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I've enjoyed the trailers. I want to see what the consensus is but I think I'll pick it up at some point regardless. I started playing a bit through the first Rage but I haven't really touched it after an early story point.

Spazerbeam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
It looks like a dumb fun shooter and that's just what I'm itching for right now. I pre ordered it on steam so worst case scenario I can just refund. I trust Bethesda's third party publishing. 99% of them have been killer.

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone know if the BFG is exclusive to the Deluxe and higher Editions?

Wondering if it's obtainable in-game like the cheat codes.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was excited but the open world looks incredibly generic and dull to get around. Too big for its own good and not dense enough is my concern, even if the shooting itself is tight

Oct 27, 2017
I think it looks amazing. I just pre-orderd. I feel like people are really sleeping on this game and it's going to end up being fantastic.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Looks pretty cool, but have too much to play and have other games I wanna get Day 1 within the next few months. Will most likely wait for a sale.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Not hyped, but impressed at 60fps open world on consoles. Will watch for reviews, probably pick it up cheap if its decent

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
I feel like people are really sleeping on this game and it's going to end up being fantastic.

tenor.gif