Oct 27, 2017
Up on Humble store if any choice subs wanna save 12 bucks on the steam version

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
Just started. Super weird seeing the Xbox Game Studios logo pop up on my PS5. 😅

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Oh neato, didn't expect the Steam version to also unlock at this time. Downloading now.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time a game from the Windows Store/Game Pass hasn't asked me to authorize my account by signing in, I was just signed into my Xbox account. Is that new?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Anyone on the PCGP version knows if the game supports DS4 by default?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working

Tried 60 and 120 and serie x

1440p120 right ? Looks definitely softer than many other 1440p game. But it's good enough. Yet I don't feel this kind of game need 120fps at all. So I'll go 4k60

Oct 29, 2017
Any notes on if there's a difference between the PC gamepass and Steam versions? I've got gamepass preloaded and a steam key from Fig. Not sure which one to play

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Is Dr. Loboto voiced by the same VA as Dr. Nefarious? They sound so similar, haha.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i'm experiencing some stuttering on my PC at certain moments. like in the very beginning when you begin punching things for the first time, or when you fall out of loboto's hat

99% of the time it's smooth though

Last edited:

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Working

Tried 60 and 120 and serie x

1440p120 right ? Looks definitely softer than many other 1440p game. But it's good enough. Yet I don't feel this kind of game need 120fps at all. So I'll go 4k60

How did you switch between the two? I'm only seeing motion blur and brightness in the display settings.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
This game looks so good on Series X in native 4K, it's stunning.

And thanks to the stunning motion blur solution, 60fps feel so smooth, the 120fps option barely feels different, I'll definitely stick with the 60 4K mode.

Here are some native 4K PNG screenshots.

f8bc1301-bcec-47c8-8190-1c3150b774f3.png

24d6927e-d931-4028-a65e-f29f6c3fbd20.png

01cd83bd-78dd-49e4-94b8-152cf8867b66.png

2c30399a-6cb4-47a2-acba-457e8ff28ce3.png

It could have a slight raised black problem in HDR, but I haven't compared with SDR yet and if there's a difference.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
This game looks so good on Series X in native 4K, it's stunning.

And thanks to the stunning motion blur solution, 60fps feel so smooth, the 120fps option barely feels different, I'll definitely stick with the 60 4K mode.

Here are some native 4K PNG screenshots.

f8bc1301-bcec-47c8-8190-1c3150b774f3.png

24d6927e-d931-4028-a65e-f29f6c3fbd20.png

01cd83bd-78dd-49e4-94b8-152cf8867b66.png

2c30399a-6cb4-47a2-acba-457e8ff28ce3.png

It could have a slight raised black problem in HDR, but I haven't compared with SDR yet and if there's a difference.

Looks amazing :)

mike_j1005

Nov 19, 2017
Minnesota
Only about 20 minutes in but wowowow it feels so much better to play than the original, especially the combat. Looks really nice too. And love the recap at the beginning.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Also, thanks for making the OT GrrImAFridge ! This is one of my all time favorite games and I am a backer on Fig.

Have it it on Steam and PS4, though I could have played via gampass too but I'm trying to avoid installing gamepass games when I don't have to (storage weirdness, boooo).

Gonna stream the first couple of hours of this very soon!

Just tried, no native DS4 or DualSense support.
In general I've found most (many?) PC gamepass titles to not support anything except Xbox controllers. This version of DS4windows helps me get around that: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
It launched with touch controls on XCloud, wow - nice! Glad to see more games doing this.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
i'm experiencing some stuttering on my PC at certain moments. like in the very beginning when you begin punching things for the first time, or when you fall out of loboto's hat

Yeah I'm 120fps with 43% gpu utilization but every time I hit something there's a stutter. I don't know why I play PC gamepass games on launch there's always problems

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
Holy shit I'm quite impressed it looks amazing at 4K 60. Pretty stoked to see where things go and how I'll end up liking considering I've never played the other two games.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished dinner - ready to jump in!! 16 year wait is over, I really can't believe it I'm about to play Psychonauts 2. Have fun everyone!!

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany

That's probably shader compilation stutters not uncommon for UE4 titles, i have not checked but i hope this game is not DX12 only again like the Ascent on GP was since it's usually worse in DX12 then in DX11.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
(Steam version) Whenever I log into the Xbox Sign in the game freezes with a white screen. Then I return to Settings and it says I'm signed in. Weird.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Game looks great. As someone who never played the original until a few months ago and struggled a bit with how dated it felt control-wise, the jump forward with this game put a smile on my face right away.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I am like 70% positive I tried the first game on the 360 and it just did not click, I vaguely remember not being into the humor at all, but the trailer for this new one looks amazing and I am a much different person now than I was 16 years ago so I shall give it a go. Thank you GamePass.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
In general I've found most (many?) PC gamepass titles to not support anything except Xbox controllers. This version of DS4windows helps me get around that: https://github.com/Ryochan7/DS4Windows
Nah, plenty of straight up Microsoft Studios games on the Windows Store natively support the DS4 (Forzas/Gears/Flight Sim, games that already natively support the DS4), it's not super rare these days.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Man, it really looks incredible, I can just repeat myself. I've seen people looking at pictures or trailers and saying this looks years old, but playing it in 4K on an HDR TV with these textures and that incredibly advanced lighting in 60fps with all these beautiful animations. All together gives, me at least, a really nice current gen feeling, the whole mouth/tooth areas look insane.

This really could be Double Fines magnum opum and that by far.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it really looks incredible, I can just repeat myself. I've seen people looking at pictures or trailers and saying this looks years old, but playing it in 4K on an HDR TV with these textures and that incredibly advanced lighting in 60fps with all these beautiful animations. All together gives, me at least, a really nice current gen feeling, the whole mouth/tooth areas look insane.

This really could be Double Fines magnum opum and that by far.
It's strikingly beautiful in person and in motion. Even 4K videos on YouTube didn't do it justice, I agree

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I can't believe this is downloading. Psychonauts is one of my favorite games, and I was in high school when it came out. I don't know if it's actually a record or anything, Shenmue probably beats it, but this is by FAR the longest I've waited for a game I really care about. Feels kind of unreal.

Winnie

Mar 12, 2020
This is the first time a game from the Windows Store/Game Pass hasn't asked me to authorize my account by signing in, I was just signed into my Xbox account. Is that new?

I'm pretty sure that this isn't using the typical UWP system. I'm not sure now but i think that the game window isn't the same as all the others games neither.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Only started the game as far as the recap on GP, but it's so brilliantly done: the way it's framed as a storytelling device (I won't spoil!), whilst also being well told, extremely charming and informative.

It did solidify for me, though: if you're a newcomer and you like P2, go check out P1 when you're done, as the recap obviously can't show and summarize the unique creativity of each of the levels from the original game. (No nostalgia here, played the game for the first time this year. No hyperbole, one of imaginative and surprising games I've ever played.)

Will get my backer code when I can, can't wait to play P2!

BarnabyJones

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just played the first mission and holy fuck this game is phenomenal so far. After just having finished the first game (for the first time ever) yesterday, this is everything a fan would want in a sequel...16 years later lol. Controls feel smooth, just about every issue I had with character control in the first one is non-existent in 2.

And to top it all off Unreal Engine looks better than ever. So happy with this so far!!!