chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
In a stunning declaration, Britain's Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, said they are planning "to step back" as senior members of the royal family and "work to become financially independent."

A statement issued by the couple Wednesday evening also said they intend to "balance" their time between the U.K. and North America.

31fb09b4799d8d5ba2821d93303517b5.png

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
As much bigotry comes out whenever she is involved, I would be figuring out a escape plan for my family too

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
"work to become financially independent."

Ultimate influencer couple incoming

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Interesting. i hope they find fulfillment this way. I had no problem with the Royals as they are in the UK, but can't say there's anything bad about this.

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No wonder, the harassment Meghan gets is utterly ridiculous but then she did have the audacity to be half black.

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Financially independent? After years of allowances and inheritances? The prince is probably sitting on hundreds of millions.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I would do the same if I didn't have the expectation of ever becoming King or Queen. Why live under the microscope if you can carve out your own life in relative privacy?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them. They have always seemed like a couple that was way more progressive than Royal rules allowed them to be.

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda surprising as the rumours that would pop up in Private Eye seemed to suggest that Meghan was trying to take on a lot of duties and be a significant presence in the family. I think there was some pushback from the other royals, and with all the Andrew stuff going on they've probably decided it's a good time to get out.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
They can both make millions instantly just by doing the after dinner speaker rounds/have a ghost written autobiography. Not really 'work', is it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Financially independent? After years of allowances and inheritances? The prince is probably sitting on hundreds of millions.
Per twitter comments (and doing some googling to verify em), he's not. He got access to his cash inheritance from his mom when he turned 30, which was about 16M (not sure whether USD or pounds) and that's almost certainly what's enabling him to do this. In this case "work to become financially independent" likely literally means "work" to some degree, as they've got a large bank account but aren't currently making any money to maintain it. Even it does just end up being the world of hilarious hyperinflated appearance fees.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good, royalty is outdated and has no place in the modern world.

I wonder how the pro royalists in the UK will react though. I'm guessing a lot of them will turn hard on Meghan

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I mean...post-Brexit, it's gonna be a really bad look for any of the royals living off taxpayer money.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
No wonder, the harassment Meghan gets is utterly ridiculous but then she did have the audacity to be half black.

I pay 0 attention to the British monarchy except when it's right in my face and have heard this mentioned before. Any examples of what people have been doing?

Glad to hear they are voluntarily stopping taxpayers funding their lives. Would be nice if the whole family did that.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
This is actually HUGE news in what it means lol

Poor meghan is gonna be destroyed by the UK press...feel bad for her

I guess as william has so many children this wasnt a hard decision as no way would harry ever take the throne

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Good for them, get out of this shit show of attention. They're still gonna be bajillionaires.

Per twitter comments (and doing some googling to verify em), he's not. He got access to his cash inheritance from his mom when he turned 30, which was about 16M (not sure whether USD or pounds) and that's almost certainly what's enabling him to do this. In this case "work to become financially independent" likely literally means "work" to some degree, as they've got a large bank account but aren't currently making any money to maintain it. Even it does just end up being the world of hilarious hyperinflated appearance fees.

I read he's going to start doing Cameo videos for $420/pop

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Shit Meghan could go back to acting and be in instant demand. She already got an iron fanbase, black women like Beyounce, they LOVE Meghan