BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Been sayin' this lol
Not much to add. His stuff is trash in a sea of even more trash.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Well, I Fall Apart is one of the best breakup songs of this decade so yeah this ain't it.

Oct 25, 2017
What's most damning is Post Malone's bloodless abyss of soul and funk. His attempts at being emotional feel like hollow gestures. When he tries to be turned up, it feels inert and airless. His songs completely lack volatility and swing, leaving him as a little boy trying on oversized sequin suits and Versace loafers alternately trying to be a fake musty Elvis, a swaggering baller, a redneck backcountry rebel, but flailing somewhere in the doughy middle

This is absolutely beautiful.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His stuff is complete trash but the author of this article makes it sound like Post Malone shot his dog.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I just downloaded a couple songs to work out to. I didn't even know Better Now was by him until I googled the lyrics. I don't really care if he stands for nothing at all. Maybe he just likes making music and money. If he isn't a bad person ( I don't know anything about him) then I really do t care. I don't care if he is ugly or not either.

I agee with the poster who makes it sound like Post Malone shot his dog. It wouldn't surprise me if the author stalks Post Malone.

Last edited:

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mean he seems like a nice guy, not crazy about his music as a huge hiphop head, he's definitely got talent. But the hate he's been getting recently is super intense

Really, his worst crime is he's the epitome of the non-voter. "Moderate" to the degree of indecision which allows negative actions to take place. Otherwise, there's a ton of vapid/superficial songs in hip-hop. It's not unique to him.

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting called out for being a white guy in rap while being a white guy who writes about rap.

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Give me some Post Malone songs aside from White Iverson. I want to put music to the content of the article.

Rich&Sad
Candy Paint
Psycho
Rockstar
I Fall Apart
No Options
Better Now

I aint gonna lie, dude makes catchy af music. I like his music

Nightwing123

Oct 27, 2017
LOL this is savage I love it. Post Malone is such a mediocre artist and half of his album wasn't even rap. Pop star is definitely a more fitting title for him.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
This guy should get all of the shit that Eminem gets in his place tbh.

But music fandom can be weird as hell sometimes so ehhh.

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
What Post Malone so perfectly represents is the idiotic currents that have carrie5d us to this present cultural submersion — where an objective notion of the truth has been systematically muddied, facts are negotiable and any hint of criticism — be it for lacking integrity, dignity or talent — can be brazenly dismissed as the pitiful cries of the "haters." So congratulations, I guess. Who allowed this to happen? What hole in the system allowed this greasy discarded barbecue wrapper to prosper? A fake pale king sitting on a tinfoil throne. Return to sender.

giphy.gif

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Some of those Malone songs are pretty earwormy though. You might say that doesn't matter, but...it's also kind of the only thing that matters for the lane Malone is in

The article partly reads like Malone is the first person to ever hit it big on the pop charts without actually being "good" upon analyzing their music.

This reads like a goddamn programming language.

hahaha

amountOfSavagery = 21;

CallmeDave

Oct 27, 2017
I was at a bar with a buddy on Halloween and there was this dude with braids or dreads and some wacky outfit. I asked him if he was the lead singer to Counting Crows. He responded with 'you know that makes you sound dated as hell? I'm Post Malone.' I felt really old. :(

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I mean Post is a self admitted culture vulture.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Post Malone is a piece of shit that also looks like he smells like a piece of shit. I hate his stupid face, his "both sides" politics, and his alt right YouTube buddies.

I would like to swing a sock full of batteries at him.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I mean i enjoyed the spiderman into the spider verse song he released 2 weeks ago.

Congratulations ft. Quavo
Psycho ft ty dolla $ign ( dolla sign !)
Rockstar ft 21 savage

The entire Beerbongs & Bentleys album

I mean i enjoyed the spiderman into the spider verse song he released 2 weeks ago.

giphy.gif

Dan.

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
London & Taiwan
I have to say though, i've always been so stoked that he's totally made it being as ugly as he is lol, it sucks people are giving him shit for his looks.

In what's always been a massively shallow business, it's crazy he was able to rise to this level of mainstream celebrity, and actually look like that.

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Post's music is terrible. But no more so than the sea of shitty mumble/karaoke rappers that also do numbers. Calling him out in particular seems unfair when he is just another shade of shit in this shit sandwich.

sabrina

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
newport beach, CA
Even if I didn't already think Post Malone is a useless, naive, sexist piece of shit, this article would have still been fun to read. Post got ethered, and he earned every word.

Hypemaster

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Space
"the platonic playlist substitute at the Duke University coffee shop so the vice president doesn't fire you for playing Young Dolph"

breh

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Post makes mediocre, sometimes catchy music. His worst offense is shitting on hip-hop as an art imo.

Article is pretty pointless overall. He's also gonna continue to sell a ridiculous amount of records.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Too lazy to read article, but Post Malone sucks.
I'm as white as they come and barely listen to that much rap, and even I fucking hate him.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Post Malone is an elaborate arthouse performance by Shia LeBeouf, change my mind.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why he wouldn't sell if he was black, almost everything with a trap beat and not complete shitty sing sang mumble rap seems to sell.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone who associates themselves with centrist Youtuber clowns like H3H3 is going to be a sketchy person.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so over gate-keeping. If Post's music brings a smile to your face then who gives a shit.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This seems . . . unnecessary? I like some of his songs, and I think his albums show a lot more range than most rappers. I'm not sure why the author would waste their time writing this. It's just weird.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I was at a bar with a buddy on Halloween and there was this dude with braids or dreads and some wacky outfit. I asked him if he was the lead singer to Counting Crows. He responded with 'you know that makes you sound dated as hell? I'm Post Malone.' I felt really old. :(

Lol, if that really Post Malone you said that to. That would have been more insulting to him than this article.