WIll You Buy a PS5 Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 899 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 2,458 58.6%
  • Maybe: Depends on cost, horsepower, features, exclusives, etc.

Votes: 834 19.9%

• Total voters

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 came out 4 years after the PS4 Pro, so 4 years is a good guess, most people think 2028 is when PS6 will come out, there is also rumors that the next xbox will launch in 2027.
damn ... 4 years puts it in maybe territory, and this also assumes I get ps6 on day one which even that is a maybe. But did the ps4 pro come out at the same point in the generation or is this later, that is the Q.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Buying one and sending my old PS5 to my friend so he has the system. May buy him a new controller and a game or two for Christmas.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
As someone who primarily games on Switch these days, I've never felt the need to grab a new, slightly more powerful version of a console unless there's significant benefits to having it. My base PS5 works perfectly fine and serves all my needs well, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Visuals are all well and good, but gameplay is king. And I can't imagine PS5 Pro improving that in any significant measure.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. Visuals are fine, and 30FPS titles do not bother me as much as the other person so the current PS5 is fine. Mine collects too much dust to consider buying a mid-gen upgrade.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what it'll do.

If it just provides games with resolution or image quality bumps, i'm not really sure.

It kinda needs a killer app, i feel.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Depends on price and power difference

I might just wait until gta6 comes out - stock will be better and likely will be better financial wise cause this year has been a expensive one for me especially the summer

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

Sold my PS5 early this year since it was pretty much just collecting dust and so would a PRO if i bought one.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Priority is probably going to be Switch 2, but possibly at some point, particularly if things like 4K and 60fps start to become treats only available on the Pro.

Luneth

Aug 5, 2020
Nope. Unlike when PS4 Pro dropped, this time I don't feel like PS5 has been pushed enough to its limits. And I couldn't care less about slight resolution improvements or 60 FPS.

naff

Unshakeable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I barely use the console, the last time I turned it on was maybe in March.

Right, I mean, of course you wouldn't buy it if you don't use the thing lol. The way people are saying this is like they have some other issue with it, just seems like a reasonable product projected to reach ~15-20% of the PS5 install base. For a certain sub section of enthusiasts it's gonna be great and will be a proving ground for Sonys AI image reconstruction tech ahead of their next gen console

Naiad

Aug 27, 2020
Probably not. The base model is doing the job and the only problem I legitimately have with my PS5 at the moment is the space issue. That's not enough to get me to buy a PS5 Pro. Games will continue to be chunkier and chunkier in terms of GB whether the Pro exists or not.

Besides, the space constraints forces me to finish games rather than keep starting up different ones.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
I'll stick with the normal version until the 6. Base PS4 is still chugging along, so that means base PS5 has to as well.

Jovo

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why anyone would buy this, what PS5 exclusive is going to take advantage of this to make it worth the cost?

That game doesn't exist

ALXJ

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Feb 16, 2021
i just had the realization that the ps5 pro will probably not come with the vertical stand bundled

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Probably. I'm still rocking my PS4 Pro. Depends if there are exclusives I care about

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like a bit of a tool admitting it since there's literally not a single other game that I'd be excited at all about seeing with better graphics or performance.

But I'll get one for GTA.

It'll be interesting to see what they market it with if it's true that they'll reveal it this week. I guess it'd be cool if there's games where you no longer have to choose between performance and quality, you can have the best graphics at the highest framerates. But I haven't been following it at all, I'm not sure if it's powerful enough to do that anyway, and yeah, I can't think of any games I'd be excited to go back to.

The only other game that interests me a bit is Death Stranding 2, I'll play that for sure and the performance looked rough in the trailer they released, but it's hard to know whether that was because it's just early in development vs the extreme weather events are too taxing for the base CPU or whatever.

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
Depending on the price and performance I'll buy it.
I'm hoping for $600 with a disc drive but I'm expecting $600 without disc drive and to buy one separately.

I'm still working on my backlog from PS4 so I'm ok waiting to find one.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Unsure, but probably not. I think PS5 games already look great and I have a great PC for games where I want to prioritize FPS and/or graphic fidelity.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I would if it means that some of these live service games can run at 120 fps without terrible image quality.

Apex Legends for instance, I can't play at 60 FPS anymore, it feels terrible, but at 120 the game doesn't look great at all.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on price and how many games receive updates to support it.

Anything more than $599 is a no go for me.

Robotoboy

Oct 7, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Probably? Last generation I felt like I needed the Pro to play damn near anything after a point. Games looked worse, and worse as the PS4 aged - and the Pro felt more and more necessary to have a bare minimum decent time.

The PS5 hasn't really felt THAT long in the tooth yet (minus maybe the Final Fantasy games) but if performance and visuals degrade at the rate they did on vanilla consoles last gen then I will most likely buy one.

Listai

50¢ - "This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Already sold my PS5. Will live without one until the Pro drops.

Vris

Nov 6, 2017
Skipped PS5 so far. I'd like to jump into the Pro this year, but something inside me is telling me to wait for a Death Stranding 2 edition Pro.

It'll happen... right?

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Already sold my PS5 and have funds waiting. Assuming it's $599. Probably pick up a game or two if they get updated.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Depends on how drastically better it will actually be. I'm think i'm fine with my PS5 and high end PC. Only thing that would change my mind would be GTA VI.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh heck no! I bought the ps5 for the few exclusives games not on pc, similarly to the series s for the old school 360 and xbox games. If i wanted horsepower, i got my pc and ultrawide screen for that.

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I went completely PC/Steam Deck/Nintendo and sold the base PS5 last year and haven't regretted it. Especially not now that Sony has started porting things to PC.

Horsepower isn't gonna bring me back. More games like Astro Bot might.