WIll You Buy a PS5 Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 899 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 2,458 58.6%
  • Maybe: Depends on cost, horsepower, features, exclusives, etc.

Votes: 834 19.9%

• Total voters

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but I kind of just tend to buy the latest and greatest so Im pretty much the target demo (didnt buy the Switch OLED though, no interest to me)

Like others have said, the best thing about a PS5 pro would be lowering the cost of the base PS5

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I was not gonna, then I remembered Monster Hunter Wilds is coming. So I guess I will buy one now.

WitchKing

Aug 29, 2024
Ireland
I have decent gaming PC and most things come out on it now so it is the biggest reason for me not to.

But I also know GTA 6 will have its inevitable delay in coming to PC so I might have to buy a Pro, also what ever next is to come from Sony first party might also drive me to (new Naughty Dog game, Cory Barlog's next game etc)

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Probably not, no. I didn't get a PS4 Pro when that came out, it didn't seem worth it for me. The games worked on the standard PS4, and it'll be more than likely the same with the PS5 Pro. This generation has been a weird one as it is, this as well doesn't make me want to go out for a PS5 Pro either.

Not saying anything wrong with the PS5, but (for me at least) there really isn't much pushing the PS5 to the max as it is.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Definitely. I'm sick of those sub-1080p performance modes and I don't want to upgrade my PC yet.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I don't need it at all, but the resale value of a playstation is usually quite high so I should be able to grab it somewhat cheap.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I would have thought there would be more yes people, but maybe that will change a lot after the announcement. Surely it's gotta have some cool features.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I only play exclusives on my consoles since my 4090 PC does the heavy lifting for multiplats

That being said, I hate playing the exclusives with extreme compromises, such as FF7 rebirth, which i'm playing currently

Also GTA6 is coming and that's an absolute buy for me, so based on that I figure i'll just get it

Jinroh

Oct 28, 2017
Lausanne, Switzerland
Yes, I bought all the latest games on pc because I can't tolerate sub 1080p with an unstable 60 fps in some of the latest games. I hope the PS5 Pro will help with those poor performances with current and future releases.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I do not play enough games on my PS5 to consider an upgrade worth it, certainly not at launch. But if the generation lasts a long time, maybe I'll pick one up down the line, depending on price.

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Man I'm considering selling my PS5 because I don't see anything interesting for it, never mind buying another one.
Unless PS5 Pro's announcement drops some major surprises, nah.

Achire

Oct 27, 2017
PS5 is my main gaming platform, so I will pre-order the PS5 Pro as soon as it's officially announced. I'm mostly interested in better performance and/or improved image quality in the 60 FPS modes. I really hope the PS5 Pro can run Dragon's Dogma 2 at 60 FPS. Please be good PSSR!

p3n

Oct 28, 2017
If it enables RT and highest fidelity in GT7 VR races, I will. Otherwise....meh.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Probably not. I got soured on Sony with their bullshit on Steam with PS account and regions, and I can't be sure if they are going to push further with that.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure and it would depend on a a few factors.

One of the factors would be if GT7 gets an update. If that update boosts the VR mode to max out the headsets resolution and FPS capabilities, be it native or using funky upscale tech I'd seriously have to consider it.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
I haven't used my PS5 a lot lately, but the Pro still feels relatively easy to justify, as long as the price isn't too crazy.

This generation will last a few more years, and I'll sell my base PS5, so the upgrade should cost 100/year or so.

LdSe

Dec 16, 2020
I got the PS4 Pro day 1, but this time I want to wait a little more... I'm concerned about pricing and actual improvements.

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
No, most of the games I play are indies or smaller Japanese publishers who aren't going to take advantage of that hardware.

Plus I'm used to sub-4K & 30fps titles due to the above, like the only game in my collection thatd probably even take advantage of this hardware is FF7 Rebirth…

Dec 4, 2018
I got a PS4 Pro a little after launch but found I was a bit disappointed with it. If the PS5 Pro is similar, (which it sounds like it will be) then I'm probably not getting one unless there's a crazy trade-in deal. The lack of a CPU boost is what generally kills it for me.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I waited for the PS4 Pro to get into the PS4 last time - I'll almost certainly do the same with the PS5 once there are enough exclusives I'm keen to play to make it worth my while (might be a few years).

I had been tempted for a while to build a new PC instead to replace my 2019 one (which has been pretty problematic for much of that time), but with the cost of parts now I'm not sure about that.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
Just make GTA VI bundle and I'll be there, until then, I'm not sure if it will be worth it as my TV from 2018 doesn't even have VRR.

fishforlunch

Nov 2, 2020
I built a gaming PC last year, so will try to hold off from buying the Pro (already have a base PS5). For all the day 1 PC & PS5 games I'll be covered with the PC (which is going to provide better performance than the Pro anyways), but the delay in PC releases with some games is definitely going to hurt (Sony's AAA, GTA VI).

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Unlikely. It'll be too expensive and I've gone in on Switch & GamePass instead. Bleeding edge power doesn't mean the whole world to me and I've resolved I can miss out on the few Sony games I'll never have access to unless they further multiplat ambitions.

sjackso3

Oct 30, 2017
Houston
Really think I'm done with consoles. Tired of fan boys, trying to figure out exclusives, and the lack of transparency from the major platform holders. I just don't trust announced console specs. They never live up to the hype. Not going to fool me again.

Going to build a really nice PC to park next to my TV. Better prices, better selection, and a better pipeline of games. Also, my tastes have changed over the years. There isn't really any console "exclusive" that's feels compelling to me. I feel liberated to be honest.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I do all my gaming on PC, and I think my PC is actually faster than the rumored PS5 Pro specs. So, I'm good, though I know I'm not the target demographic for this poll.

JaySosa

Nov 10, 2023
Maybe if my PS4 breaks, but I doubt it. Especially since I just had to replace the HDD and opted for an SSD. Still have like 50+ games I wanna play on the system and none of them requires any hardware power (currently playing 999: The last reward ^^)

I honestly have no urge to play any of the games that are only available on current game systems or any PS5 exclusives. Maybe I'll skip this gen alltogether and get a decent gaming pc, since most japanese stuff is on steam these days anyway.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Show me the games

I upgraded from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro for RDR2. Maybe something similar will happen here.

Also, I can't believe when GTA6 comes out it will have been 7 years since RDR2.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Considering the recent price hike of that standard version here in Japan the Pro is likely to be a 100,000 Yen console which makes it 2x what I paid for the original a launch so that's going to be a nope for me. Will be curious to see how it does sell here. Would bet most of the stock gets sent overseas as with the original edition and what does get sold here majority of that bought by resellers exporting them to China. Even all these years after I still don't know a single local Japanese person here that owns a PS5. Everyone and their mom has a Switch though.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
100%.

I need a new Dual Sense and my launch PS5 is starting to have some issues, so I'll need to replace it sooner or later.

Doing it with a Pro only makes sense

Mar 28, 2024
maybe
i'll still have to get a ps5 so i'll see what they do with the price, the performance, if it has a disc drive and the price gap
i don't think they'll cut base ps5 price but we'll see

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely. I wanna play GTAVI at its best so I owe it to myself to buy the damn thing.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, I want to experience GTA6 at its best. Also, I think this gen is going to be a while. Rivaling the 360/PS3 generation.