WIll You Buy a PS5 Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 899 21.5%
  • No

Votes: 2,458 58.6%
  • Maybe: Depends on cost, horsepower, features, exclusives, etc.

Votes: 834 19.9%

• Total voters

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
100% gonna pre-order it at GameStop and pay it off by the time it releases.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Came back in to make sure my vote is now locked in at fuck no and officially thinking I'm done with consoles next gen and just getting a pc.
Fuck these prices
I have a gaming PC and it mostly stays unused, except for the occasional game I can't play on console. I just can't be bothered with turning on the pc and dealing with KB/M after ending my office job shift which is mostly dealing with KB/M too.

If it can play games like Wilds, DD2 and FFXVI at 60fps it's already worth it for me.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
I have a $1200 PC that is at least for now running games better than the PS5 and Xbox SX but can run most games that are on those systems. I'll be okay playing GTA6 on my Series S when it comes out - wouldn't be the first time I ever played a GTA on release day on inferior tech so I didn't have to wait for the pretty one later.

THAT SAID. I may end up getting one years down the road for Wolverine when it's on DEEP discount.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it's gone. Not even an option at that price.

I was expecting 700€ with the drive included if they were cocky.

This is just unhinged.

Flexo

Jun 10, 2024
I'll still buy one so I can setup the vanilla PS5 on the bedroom for my wife to play her gacha games but I think this is the last time. I'll still buy PS6 whenever it comes out but I'm done with mid-gen upgrades after that.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I have a $1200 PC that is at least for now running games better than the PS5 and Xbox SX but can run most games that are on those systems. I'll be okay playing GTA6 on my Series S when it comes out - wouldn't be the first time I ever played a GTA on release day on inferior tech so I didn't have to wait for the pretty one later.

THAT SAID. I may end up getting one years down the road for Wolverine when it's on DEEP discount.
But how far down the road? We are 4 years in, and Sony has raised the price on the base console and peripherals. The cost of parts just isn't coming down the way they used to, it seems.

Dec 25, 2018
The PS5 Pro console will be available this holiday at a manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP) of $699.99 USD, £699.99 GBP, €799.99 EUR, and ¥119,980 JPY (includes tax). It will include a 2TB SSD, a DualSense wireless controller and a copy of Astro's Playroom pre-installed in every PS5 Pro purchase. PS5 Pro is available as a disc-less console, with the option to purchase the currently available Disc Drive for PS5 separately.

blog.playstation.com

Welcome PlayStation 5 Pro, the most visually impressive way to play games on PlayStation

Features including GPU upgrade, advanced ray tracing, and PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution take players to new heights.

this is from the official sony blog post, 2tb ssd is not enough to make up for removing the disc drive lol

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
Yes- i pay more for other blending edge tech.

It's a Pro upgrade for a console that is already $499.99.
Including a 1TB NVME would lower the price somewhat. But then Sony would be mocked for that too.

closer

Oct 25, 2017
I have a gaming PC and it mostly stays unused, except for the occasional game I can't play on console. I just can't be bothered with turning on the pc and dealing with KB/M after ending my office job shift which is mostly dealing with KB/M too.

If it can play games like Wilds, DD2 and FFXVI at 60fps it's already worth it for me.

you can plug your controller into the pc

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely not. It feels that it is even less attractive that the ps4 pro and at a ludicrous price.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's 50/50 with me. I hate the original ps5 size, and I never used the disc drive on it cause I don't buy physical media anymore. So this slimmer and upgrade option would be better. $700 is a lot but not extreme, personally I make more money now than I did in 2020 so it wouldn't kill me.

But as of now I don't see any games that really need it. I would love to play Rebirth at its best resolution in 60 frames but Rebirth is still a stable game with the options it has. GTAVI will be the true litmus test for me. But knowing me I'll just spontaneously get it cause I have no self control

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I was tempted pre-announcement, but for £700 with no disc drive or stand, absolutely not. I'll live with the regular version same as I did with the PS4.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
No, price didn't affect that, I just see no point in a Pro console in this generation.

Oct 27, 2017
Man I want to change my vote.

It went from a "maybe" to a solid "no".

I just can't justify that price, especially if I include a disc drive or the cost to re-buy games digitally. I'd have more fun just buying $700 worth of games, even if they do run a bit more blurry.

magus2k

Sep 12, 2020
Depends, as long they fix their horrible cooling design, Main reason i havent got a ps5 yet.

Ye Bobbum Man

May 23, 2023
Yeah at this point I think I will budget my money towards the Switch 2. PS5 runs everything perfectly fine and I don't want to spend $400 or more (after I would sell my original ps5 digital) for an incremental upgrade.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Both the price and the lack of a disc tray makes this an immediate no. Unless I see a heavy discount for trading in my regular PS5.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
People here will buy it in greater numbers than the regular consumer market. I don't really even care about the price point, but what bugs me is that everything they demo'd was from 2020 or 2021. I guess except for Spider-Man. They haven't shown me anything that I'd want to play on this thing that I don't already have on PS5. Wild of them to show this off without any new games. I know the Series S is a strain on developers but it's worth noting that the Series S can play every single third party game that this can. I guarantee you my buddy with a Series S does not care about AI upscaling.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I was a maybe in the poll, but I'm leaning no now. I'll have to see some real-world performance tests to turn my opinion around but it doesn't seem worth the $700 for me yet. At that price, I'd want a whole new SOC.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
no-way-sonic-and-knuckles.gif

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I thought for SURE they would include enhanced versions of Astro's Playroom and Astro Bot as pack-ins. What a missed opportunity. Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
I very nearly also promised my PS5 to a friend, but thought better of committing to it before seeing the presentation.

Sorry Katie, you're on your own.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I'm in the "maybe" camp but leaning towards "yes". I'm fortunate enough to have the money available (especially after trading my current PS5) and it's the best option for my gaming preferences.

I've got a large OLED TV and have been disappointed by how "blurry" the performance mode on my favorite games can be. I'm also heavily invested in Playstation and have little free time for PC.

I do feel for other console gaming fans who have less of a gaming budget. If you want to spend less than $400 on a console right now your only real option is switch or the Series S.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Went from definitely to definitely not after seeing that price. Over 900€ for a fucking upgrade-console with a disc drive. No, thanks.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022

Outside of WoW everything else on PC would be played with a Xbox or ps5 controller.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
Before the price reveal, I was considering upgrading. But for that price, no way lmao.

PS5_Pro_Price.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not. I already laughed a bit at the $700 price tag when I saw it browsing news in bed when I was waking up. But no disc drive? At that price?

lol. lmao. Fuck no.
You'll pry physical media from my cold dead hands. The last couple years have only shown how poor of an idea digital landscapes are.

Mandelbo

Oct 30, 2017
At near enough £805 once you throw in the disk drive and stand (since it DEFINITELY won't fit horizontally in my setup) I'm far better off just upgrading my PC honestly

No real reason for me not to just wait for the PS6 at this point