Votes: 398 24.0%
  • Sprigatito

Votes: 550 33.2%
  • Fuecoco

Votes: 710 42.8%

• Total voters

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I will say I'll never miss is the real life day/night cycle. It's a substantial QoL improvement and more thankful to my real life schedule to have an in-game day / night cycle that doesn't require me to wait until actual night time to catch nocturnal specific Pokemon. It's definitely helping my work / life balance to be able to enjoy this game when I want to and not miss anything.

I think a toggle would actually be the best option, either have it the way it is now or follow the Switch clock. Knowing how GameFreak is with options though...

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how to feel about Arven.

Defeated all the Titans and blindly walked into that battle with him under leveled in the 40s. Wtf at that random difficulty spike.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yup, I can attest that Kingambit is indeed incredibly easy. you can basically get it done within 5 or so minutes. Go catch a leader in the bamboo forest part to get the Leader's Crest item and you can use either the Bisharp leader you just caught or give whatever Bisharp you have the Leader's Crest that the leader was holding and teach it basically about any fighting move like Low Sweep (I personally did Low Kick since well I just had more of em lol).

Bike around the bamboo part till you find and beat 3 leaders again which should take all of like 5 minutes max since they're relatively common and if your Bisharp is about the same level as the leaders you don't even need the Rare Candy because it almost gets enough exp to level from 52 to 53 from just 3 leaders (I think mine who was 52 leveled from basically 52 to 53 by beating 4 leaders since I just wanted to be sure).
A bit late responding to this but you actually don't need to equip the leaders crest to evolve Bisharp, I was evolving my shiny one and just beat 3 of the Bisharp leading raids and levelled it up and that was it, I think the important thing is that it beats 3 Bisharp holding the item, not holding it itself. The item itself is useless

Edit: lol I was really behind on this thread and missed the whole discussion, ignore me

Last edited:

Trey

Oct 25, 2017

Defeated all the Titans and blindly walked into that battle with him under leveled in the 40s. Wtf at that random difficulty spike.

I actually chuckled out loud that Arven showed no real aptitude for battling all storyline, and if you go battle him right after finishing up the Titan plot he just jumps up 15 levels from anything you've seen up to then

quite the short term glow up

Ahnez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I just realized, the charizard raid is still appearing for me. Is this a bug or is it because I haven't been online since the event or something else...?

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I will say I'll never miss is the real life day/night cycle. It's a substantial QoL improvement and more thankful to my real life schedule to have an in-game day / night cycle that doesn't require me to wait until actual night time to catch nocturnal specific Pokemon. It's definitely helping my work / life balance to be able to enjoy this game when I want to and not miss anything.

I remember this being super cool back in G/S days (you even have trains that only runs on a certain day!) but yeah there's a reason it's not here anymore or not many games picked this mechanic.

Daily events would be cool, though. Like a beach party in Levincia every Sunday. But if there's a gameplay bonus tied to it people would just bitch and min-max it, and if there's none it's just another feature on top of an already crumbling game.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm shiny hunting steps? My rates give me the feeling I'm missing one. I aim for outbreaks and get the 60 kills. Usually I'll save here and reset the spawns a good load of times to very little success. If I get sick of failing this way I reload the save and make up some herba mystica and I've still not even had a shiny with these either.

So far ive had 2 but one was a lucky find and the other showed up unreasonably fast on reset, but get the feeling my odds are still well over 1 in 2000 at this rate cause I havent seen one for a few days despite actively hunting them.

I figured rates would be closer to Arceus with no shiny charm if using mystica but im not really seeing any noticable difference. When I look up others using it theyre getting the target shiny with time to spare hunting others in the wild, often with success, so I figure I'm missing something critical here.

I thought the same as I beat the last titan around level 27, but apparently that one was supposed to be level 55. Essentially there should be no spike as the levels are appropriately matched, but the titan fights are disproportionately easy and can be cheesed beyond belief so it comes out as a spike regardless.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone confirm shiny hunting steps? My rates give me the feeling I'm missing one. I aim for outbreaks and get the 60 kills. Usually I'll save here and reset the spawns a good load of times to very little success. If I get sick of failing this way I reload the save and make up some herba mystica and I've still not even had a shiny with these either.

So far ive had 2 but one was a lucky find and the other showed up unreasonably fast on reset, but get the feeling my odds are still well over 1 in 2000 at this rate cause I havent seen one for a few days despite actively hunting them.

I figured rates would be closer to Arceus with no shiny charm if using mystica but im not really seeing any noticable difference. When I look up others using it theyre getting the target shiny with time to spare hunting others in the wild, often with success, so I figure I'm missing something critical here.

I thought the same as I beat the last titan around level 27, but apparently that one was supposed to be level 55. Essentially there should be no spike as the levels are appropriately matched, but the titan fights are disproportionately easy and can be cheesed beyond belief so it comes out as a spike regardless.
Odds are 1/1365 if you beat 60, 1/683 with sandwich. Are you sure you've beaten 60? The prompt that shows up isn't always accurate. Pokemon Arceus shiny odds were the same, you could see/hear them which made the difference.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Odds are 1/1365 if you beat 60, 1/683 with sandwich. Are you sure you've beaten 60? The prompt that shows up isn't always accurate. Pokemon Arceus shiny odds were the same, you could see/hear them which made the difference.
Yeah I count to 65 to be sure as that message seems to vary by how many pokemon a given spawn has too. Sometimes I'll push an extra 5 or 10 to be just before the final warning before they clear out too.

I do wonder if the shiny sound is part of the reason. Not just due to the easy cue but also, in this game in particular, I'm seeing a lot of these spawn behind me, and a fair chunk inside rocks when a cliff is nearby, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some that spawn too.

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I count to 65 to be sure as that message seems to vary by how many pokemon a given spawn has too. Sometimes I'll push an extra 5 or 10 to be just before the final warning before they clear out too.

I do wonder if the shiny sound is part of the reason. Not just due to the easy cue but also, in this game in particular, I'm seeing a lot of these spawn behind me, and a fair chunk inside rocks when a cliff is nearby, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some that spawn too.
It definitely seems like Pokemon are spawning in rocks in some areas. Its also very frustrating doing the spawns in the water.
I can confirm it totally works eventually though as I got this little lad last night after doing my first outbreak spawn (no sandwich power but i have the shiny charm)
20221205_203159.jpg

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, doing randoms raids and people try to flex with their Charizard, but they're useless and keep dying, good job I guess.
Online gotta be online.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

In that case it's probably just bad luck. Yeah, you might be missing some spawns. That's why I don't really hunt (I breed instead). It's often hard to tell what's part of the outbreak and what's a normal spawn, so you might not be hitting 60 in some instances.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, doing randoms raids and people try to flex with their Charizard, but they're useless and keep dying, good job I guess.
Online gotta be online.

You can even make a semi-decent build with Zard because it gets Belly Drum, and you can pair it up with Koraidon to get Solar Power going for some big damage.

But considering the average Charizard User, they probably just think "Fire Blast Good" and run with that alone. Oh voy...

vitormg

Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Does anyone have a spare Charmander to donate. I'm starting a new campaign and would love to have it in my team from the get go.

Thanks!!

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Weird that they reduced the number of boxes back down from 40 in BDSP. Going for the shiny S/V Living Dex but not going to have much space left for the DLC.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Some of the shinies definitely seem like they've had some extra effort put into them. Golden Magikarp for example actually has a metallic sheen not present on normal Magikarp.
Yep! I actually caught one
Fi2QFaYakAIT5pi

It's got a really nice golden shader on it

For all the graphics issues with the overworld and the framerate, they went way out for the Pokemon textures and models this time. They all got awesome remakes compared to the old XY models and animations they had been using since the early 3DS

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
It must be the same golden shader they used for Shiny Rellor, which changes the texture of its mud ball as well to make it shine
922.png
922.png

I am all for some shiny pokemon having different textures, I hope they do that more in future

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
oooh golden Forretress looks awesome

Some of the shinies definitely seem like they've had some extra effort put into them. Golden Magikarp for example actually has a metallic sheen not present on normal Magikarp.

Yeah its really cool that some of the shinies have different textures to them! Offhand besides Magikarp I know that Rellor has an entirely different texture:

922.png
922.png

EDIT: Ninja'd by Razmos lmfao
Forretress is interesting because I never really thought about it being metallic. Here's my original PINED from Platinum that's in Home right now:
Screenshot_20221205-203106_Pokmon_HOME.jpg

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How good is Cetitan Considered for Raids? It's got Belly Drum, Sheer Force and Icicle Crash as mighty combo, might be worth trying to create one.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
How good is Cetitan Considered for Raids? It's got Belly Drum, Sheer Force and Icicle Crash as mighty combo, might be worth trying to create one.
It would probably be pretty decent if you focus on HP and Attack. I'm building most of my raid mons with HP and the relevant attacking stat. It seems like it would work really well

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So it seems that Terastalizing also works like Technician and boosts weaker attacks that match the type to 60 BP.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would probably be pretty decent if you focus on HP and Attack. I'm building most of my raid mons with HP and the relevant attacking stat. It seems like it would work really well

The main combos seem to be...
1. A Way to build up Attack Stats fast (EIther with Belly Drum or moves like Torch Song and Charge Beam)
2. A Way to Heal Over Time (Either with health restoring moves like Drain Punch or Bitter Edge, or using the Shell Bell item)

Cetitan is an Ice Type which isn't great defensively... but then again, it's a Raid so you know what moves they'll be throwing out. So I'll look into it.

So it seems that Terastalizing also works like Technician and boosts weaker attacks that match the type to 60 BP.

Even stuff like... Population Bomb?

Oh geez, if that's so, Maushold is pretty much going to be a VGC Staple this entire gen.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan

2000 spawns is at the higher end of expectations of an outbreak with shiny charm, but it isn't a given. You'd need approximately 6,000 checks for a 99.99% chance.

I pretty much exclusively do outbreaks since I never get herba mystica. Yesterday I got two finizen incredibly quickly, under a half hour; two flittle in a little over an hour; one sinistea in almost 3 hours with another two spent looking for a second.

It definitely gets frustrating when you keep track like that but it doesn't seem busted or anything.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The main combos seem to be...
1. A Way to build up Attack Stats fast (EIther with Belly Drum or moves like Torch Song and Charge Beam)
2. A Way to Heal Over Time (Either with health restoring moves like Drain Punch or Bitter Edge, or using the Shell Bell item)

Cetitan is an Ice Type which isn't great defensively... but then again, it's a Raid so you know what moves they'll be throwing out. So I'll look into it.

Even stuff like... Population Bomb?

Oh geez, if that's so, Maushold is pretty much going to be a VGC Staple this entire gen.
Not on multi hit moves I think

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Is there any way to change the PVP battle stage?

The school yard is easily one of the most boring ones in the game. Not really the kind of arena I want in a clash of pocket demi gods.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Shiny hunting in this game is so boring. Overworld shiny hunting is as boring as Masuda Method now, except you can do Masuda Method while doing something else but overworld hunting requires your undivided attention so that you can tell if this one pixel is color #BCB9B8 and not color #BCB9B7.

Dellstrami

Feb 1, 2018
Shiny hunting in this game is so boring. Overworld shiny hunting is as boring as Masuda Method now, except you can do Masuda Method while doing something else but overworld hunting requires your undivided attention so that you can tell if this one pixel is color #BCB9B8 and not color #BCB9B7.

Really, really hope they add the shiny sound/sparkle at some point. Makes absolutely no sense why that was removed from Arceuus and LGP/LGE.

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017

Can you give an example of what you consider to be a fun shiny hunting method? Pretty much every shiny hunt I've ever done, regardless of method, involves some boredom and tedium. Probably the most "engaged" I've ever been in a shiny hunt was Catch Combo chaining in Let's Go Eevee, and even that gives way to tedium. I'd say overworld shiny hunting in Legends Arceus and S/V is probably the best time-to-effort ratio shiny hunt there's ever been.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

Both different kinds of outbreaks in Arceus had much better odds.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Can you give an example of what you consider to be a fun shiny hunting method? Pretty much every shiny hunt I've ever done, regardless of method, involves some boredom and tedium. Probably the most "engaged" I've ever been in a shiny hunt was Catch Combo chaining in Let's Go Eevee, and even that gives way to tedium. I'd say overworld shiny hunting in Legends Arceus and S/V is probably the best time-to-effort ratio shiny hunt there's ever been.
I'd prefer something like LGPE or shiny chains like in BDSP. They may take more time and are prone to breaking your chain, but that introduces a risk/reward element (aka gameplay) and you usually get to use your Pokemon (more gameplay) and can involve elements of planning like picking the right chaining moveset and stocking up on supplies (more gameplay). Obviously anything you have to do 2000 times is going to involve some amount of tedium.

Between the two, PLA was the better form of this (clearing the outbreaks had more gameplay than using Let's Go Mode to count to 60 then resetting picnics, and the chime + glow helped).

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

I think this is way better than Masuda Method personally, though even that has improved in this game with the changes to breeding in general. I like looking for the shinies and then resetting with a picnic, but I don't think this was intended. I think you were just supposed to fully clear an outbreak and have fewer chances with the better odds. I think the picnic reset was an oversight.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think this is way better than Masuda Method personally, though even that has improved in this game with the changes to breeding in general. I like looking for the shinies and then resetting with a picnic, but I don't think this was intended. I think you were just supposed to fully clear an outbreak and have fewer chances with the better odds. I think the picnic reset was an oversight.
I hate Masuda hunting but I've been digging this. Already got a box and a half full of Shiny Pokémon for my Living Shiny Dex. Getting as many as I can just in case they plug the Picnic bit like they did with resetting Mass Outbreaks in Legends 1.1

Just wish there was a notifier for the small Pokémon like Flabébé. Tried to hunt a Tadbulb but na

Xwing

This guy are sick of the unshakeable slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I'd prefer something like LGPE or shiny chains like in BDSP. They may take more time and are prone to breaking your chain, but that introduces a risk/reward element (aka gameplay) and you usually get to use your Pokemon (more gameplay) and can involve elements of planning like picking the right chaining moveset and stocking up on supplies (more gameplay). Obviously anything you have to do 2000 times is going to involve some amount of tedium.

Between the two, PLA was the better form of this (clearing the outbreaks had more gameplay than using Let's Go Mode to count to 60 then resetting picnics, and the chime + glow helped).

I definitely agree that they need to bring back some kind of more noticeable visual effect or a sound effect to help better spot a shiny in S/V. My guess as to why they took it out would be to avoid confusion with the overworld terastalizing Pokemon.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
absolutely. I can understand low scores due to the pretty bad performance but I hate how its pretty much solely dominating discourse pertaining to the game when this game does a lotttttttt to address complaints that have plagued the 3D games till PLA and now. The region in contrast design to galar is wild (except in maybe art direction) and yet I've been seeing a lot of spheres call Sw/Sh the better game solely with performance as a basis?

Its like any time you praise something S/V does better than previous pokemon games 9/10 times you're just gonna get the answer "at least _______ran in a playable state"

I do get annoyed from time to time by people that clearly haven't actually played the game (like there's plenty of stuff actually wrong with the game no need to make extra stuff up yo) but at the end of the day I stood back and realized they sold plenty of copies of the game so none of the devs are gonna starve, plus I feel like they have been really putting out some sub par full price games with obvious glaring issues that they should have known better about the last few years between Sw/Sh, BD/SP, and now this. They are sub par for wildly different reasons between the three, but it's a trend regardless. There haven't exactly been a dearth of refunded copies yet either (though I suppose a lot of copies could be unopened Xmas gifts, I digress), and the game can run super freaking smooth emulated from vids I saw. If this extra loud criticism is what actually causes GF higher ups to take a step back and really re think how they have been doing things regarding churning out their brand, then I feel like it will be worth it. I'm already hyping myself up about the theoretical next mainline game without these technical fckups.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I hate Masuda hunting but I've been digging this. Already got a box and a half full of Shiny Pokémon for my Living Shiny Dex. Getting as many as I can just in case they plug the Picnic bit like they did with resetting Mass Outbreaks in Legends 1.1

Just wish there was a notifier for the small Pokémon like Flabébé. Tried to hunt a Tadbulb but na

I think it's coming if it's possible to fix.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah its really cool that some of the shinies have different textures to them! Offhand besides Magikarp I know that Rellor has an entirely different texture:

922.png
922.png

EDIT: Ninja'd by Razmos lmfao
Forretress is interesting because I never really thought about it being metallic. Here's my original PINED from Platinum that's in Home right now:
Screenshot_20221205-203106_Pokmon_HOME.jpg

in the year 2122 those reflections will be ray traced 🙏

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone be able to help me trade and trade back a Slowpoke and a Haunter to get the Slowking and Gengar dex entries, respectively? Also need this Slowking for my comp team lol

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017

I would take patching out picnic resets if that also fixed which Pokemon spawned in outbreaks each day. No more Froslass and Rufflet!!

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would take patching out picnic resets if that also fixed which Pokemon spawned in outbreaks each day. No more Froslass and Rufflet!!
Ah!

We think we've discovered the quirk around this

As you may know, Pokémon spawns on the map are displayed in a grid. It has been discovered that when new outbreaks spawn, there's a chance that each of them may appear as an Outbreak when the Outbreaks reset (typically next day's reload) and, as it's generated when you boot the game up, if you don't like them you can close the game and boot it up again in the morning to see what else you may get.

It's how I got my shiny Revavroom this morning
FjR_AYNWYAIEw7e