Votes: 398 24.0%
  • Sprigatito

Votes: 550 33.2%
  • Fuecoco

Votes: 710 42.8%

• Total voters

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Unaware Skeledirge is great for Cinderace. Resists every move but acrobatics and bulk up doesn't matter because of Unaware

Jun 8, 2019
Bellibolt is holding its own. Chilling water negates attack boosts and acid spray for spd drops. Tanky enough that a full team would do very well.

+ Reflect, Chilling water, breaking swipes, taunt, special attackers,
- Physical attackers, belly drummers, some idiot who through sun would help, zero defensive investment

Armorouge is also doing great, with reflect and will o wisp and good typing.

Def tougher than zard but feels totally doable. Not enough people have a good strat yet and rinse repeal Azumarills are a disaster.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So are they nerfed solo? I mean still hard but when I did solo Charizard I didn't win but it seems like I did far better than I did as a team in online lol.

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
So are they nerfed solo? I mean still hard but when I did solo Charizard I didn't win but it seems like I did far better than I did as a team in online lol.
The AI teammates don't drop the timer when they get knocked out, so when you're playing with teammates who get knocked out regularly it can make some raids harder than they are solo lol

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017

Not nerfed, but less glitchiness since it doesn't depend on the connection of 4 separate players. Also if your CPU partners die you don't lose a chunk of the timer.

The disadvantage is your CPU partners don't really have any strategy to speak of. The Pokemon are chosen at random. So you really are soloing the thing yourself. You can't play support because your stupid ass partners don't have powerful Pokemon or powerful moves to support. You pretty much have to go aggro as fuck with a fully EV trained monster, which I've been doing mostly with Iron Hands for most 5/6 star raids and Sylveon for Charizard.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't found a group of four online lol.

Golduck is doing surprisingly good. I did a solo and a match where a Gyarados showed up (with...Bite?) and got him to half health.

Slowbro tips for Cinderace raids

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You wanna get Slowbro for this raid.

Train for Health and Special Attack.
Has Chilling Water to assist any teammates initially.
Then you want to set up with Iron Defence and Nasty Plot.
Then hit it hard with Stored Power after all those stat buffs.

Should make this raid relatively simple.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seems like Gyarados is another good option for support with Intimidate even though it doesn't have a good Flying till you Tera with Terablast.

Jun 8, 2019
Okay, just got it. Team was Bellibolt (me), Skellidurge, Azu, and Slowbro. Slowbro just spammed chilling water. Azu did belly dum + Play rough until shields went up and then pivoted to support. 'duge spammed torch song. Belli pivoted from defense support (Reflect + chilling water) to offensive support (acid spray) to direct offense as the fight went on. It did well from fitting the roles that were needed but struggled because a crit is a OHKO.

Contrast to Charizard is wild. I could reliably use grimsnarl or chansey, play full support, and teammates would tear him apart. Now my teammates are getting nothing done on offense and no one else is even bothering with stat drops or cheers. Too close to xmas I guess, feels like a totally different crowd, even notwithstanding the Azumarills reuse.

But yeah, Armourage, Skellidurge, Pelliper, Slowbro are all great. I bet Haxorus with breaking swipe as well.

I definitely won't be able to grind for shards until the next cycle when strats are more refined. Overall this was a good team though, will be curious to see what people settle on.

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
Got it with Armourage with the help of a Slombro.

Probably won't touch it again, seems like the rewards aren't worth it and the raid experience continues to be a misery.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone is using Fairy or Ghost Pokémon so Cinderace always goes after my Golduck with HI Jump Kick.

I really wanna win with Golduck lol. But I got Azumarill using Light Screen...

Jun 8, 2019
Strongly recommend Armarouge + Slowbro for anyone who wants to go after this. Good resistances & bulk, set up wisp, chilling water and reflect early. Acid spray + psychic terrain + expanding force for intense offense.

It really is miserable right now though. Everyone is in love with their useless belly drummers.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Azumarill used Light Screen".

Come the fuck on! I get not knowing all of the Raid intricacies but cmon.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Strongly recommend Armarouge + Slowbro for anyone who wants to go after this. Good resistances & bulk, set up wisp, chilling water and reflect early. Acid spray + psychic terrain + expanding force for intense offense.

It really is miserable right now though. Everyone is in love with their useless belly drummers.
I'm gonna wait until like 3am EST when all the Japan players are on so I get a team that knows what it's doing.

boatoh

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Cinderace solo with Slowbro, but the real mvp was the AI Arcanine that kept getting ko'd and reactivating Intimidate throughout the fight lol

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, finally found a competent group of randoms after like 2 hours. So many still using Azumarill or a fairy. My completed run consisted of a Slowbro (me), Skeledirge, Espathra, and Armarouge. My Slowbro was underleveled by like 15 levels. Would have been 100 if I didn't spent all my XL candies on my Skeledirge like an hour before I swapped mons.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, finally found a competent group of randoms after like 2 hours. So many still using Azumarill or a fairy. My completed run consisted of a Slowbro (me), Skeledirge, Espathra, and Armarouge. My Slowbro was underleveled by like 15 levels. Would have been 100 if I didn't spent all my XL candies on my Skeledirge like an hour before I swapped mons.
It became apparent very early on that Azumarill would not due for this raid lmao

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Welp, already tried
Flutter Mane
Opportunist Espathra
Armarouge

And nothing is working. It would be a great help if my Armarouge had Psychic Tera instead of Fire, but somehow after 150h played I still haven't gathered 50 Psychic Tera Shards??

I hate it here

Edit: wait is this the first time a gen VIII starter is available in something other than a plain Pokeball? We should totally coordinate so we get it in every ball possible lol

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Man this was awful.
2022122421254700-1A552196CBAEC7F073BF13D42EA6C787.jpg

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Failed seven times in a row with others. Finished in just a couple minutes first attempt solo.

c4cb8389-e1d5-420e-b61eob.jpeg

Good old espathra.

The online experience is miserable. It's torturous. On top of no one knowing wtf they're doing, connectivity and command queueing issues ruin the experience. It becomes more incredible as time goes on, the state of this.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Good old espathra.

The online experience is miserable. It's torturous. On top of no one knowing wtf they're doing, connectivity and command queueing issues ruin the experience. It becomes more incredible as time goes on, the state of this.
Nice. I've been thinking of making a Tera Raid build Espathra. What does yours look like in terms of moveset and stat training?

What's the fastest way to get a Pokemon to 100? Just candies? Or is there a good place to farm for XP?
Candies. You'll end up with way more than you need just doing raids.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Nice. I've been thinking of making a Tera Raid build Espathra. What does yours look like in terms of moveset and stat training?

Candies. You'll end up with way more than you need just doing raids.

Thanks, that's what I thought. I still need to beat all the gym leaders again and do a few more 5 star raids before I can even do something like Cinderace (by the way can someone give me an egg pretty please?)

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Modest opportunist 252 Hp/252 SpA/6 D. Hyper-trained all non-perfect IV stats. Lumina crash and reflect were the only relevant moves. Metronome for my held item. Opened with reflect, then lumina crashed my way to victory. Had to do a single heal up chant about halfway through.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Modest opportunist 252 Hp/252 SpA/6 D. Hyper-trained all non-perfect IV stats. Lumina crash and reflect were the only relevant moves. Metronome for my held item. Opened with reflect, then lumina crashed my way to victory. Had to do a single heal up chant about halfway through.
Good to know. I'll give it a shot. This piece of shit seems to be tearing through anything I currently have.

Murkas

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep bringing physical attackers lol. The bulk up spam is too much.

Managed to do it with my opportunist Espathras (lumi crash, feather dance, reflect, rain dance)) and literally a random Miraidon who started early so we got 2 AI allies. The lumi crash spdef debuff let's you do chunks of HP.

And please fix the raids, Cinderace was doing 4 moves in a row sometimes ;(

P.S. Is it OK to use rare candies? I remember in previous games using them doesn't carry over the EVs or something?

CrimsonN0

Oct 25, 2017
I only do solo raids lol
I managed to solo it with Armarouge without even using Tera, since I just trained it and not sure if I had enough Tera Shards to change it to Psychic. Definitely would've been a bit faster with it.
Just Acid Spray it 3 times, set down Psychic Terrain, and Expanding Force.
Then do it again after he clears away his debuffs and Psychic Terrain needs to be re-set.

EDIT: Alright, tried to see if I could beat Cinderace a second time solo and did it after a few tries.
Have to hope the AI doesn't bring along Arboliva and hopefully brings some Intimidate users. I think when I beat him the first time there were two Intimidaters that kept Cinderace's Attack low. This time there was only one and I added Reflect onto Armarouge's moveset.

Last edited:

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Why do people keep bringing physical attackers lol. The bulk up spam is too much.

Managed to do it with my opportunist Espathras (lumi crash, feather dance, reflect, rain dance)) and literally a random Miraidon who started early so we got 2 AI allies. The lumi crash spdef debuff let's you do chunks of HP.

And please fix the raids, Cinderace was doing 4 moves in a row sometimes ;(

P.S. Is it OK to use rare candies? I remember in previous games using them doesn't carry over the EVs or something?
Rare candies are fine. They don't give EVs. However, at lower levels, it's better to use XP candies.

strideredge

Oct 25, 2017
Yea it matters who is on your team. I did it with opportunist Espathra. I was mainly trying to support. Before the shield went up used feather dance to keep attack low then reflect once it was at the lowest. Once the shield goes up you can't do feather dance so then it was more shouts to support then. When possible using Luminous crash to lower SP def. My team mates were 2 slowbros and 1 skeledirge. The slowbros were both stacking and going for stored power but the skeledirge was attacking so its shield triggered abit early. It eventually went down but if the stacking/stored power kept moving it would have been far easier.

Nov 2, 2017
HNL
Lucked into a pretty good team online and caught Cinderace on my first try. Two Armarouge, an Azumarill, and my Slowking. Lots of good setup with stuff like acid spray and chilling water helped, don't think anyone fainted.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Teamed with 3 Slowbro. That's good

They just kept powering up, never actually attacking until we lost.

I will say though, considering the fact some are so small, we should consider there will be discrepencies and inaccuracies in these "clean ups"

I personally don't see the point considering it'll probably be a month tops before it's out

Last edited:

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
These Cinderace raids are miserable.

Took like 8 attempts but finally got teamed with 2 Slowbro that actually attacked. Every other raid I did before that never got under 80% HP remaining. One raid had every partner's Pokémon sent out already fainted. Lasted 20 seconds.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
These Cinderace raids are miserable.

Took like 8 attempts but finally got teamed with 2 Slowbro that actually attacked. Every other raid I did before that never got under 80% HP remaining. One raid had every partner's Pokémon sent out already fainted. Lasted 20 seconds.
I was having better luck trying to solo it until the last attempt. People just don't know what to do against him yet.