Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm going to go the usual route of indulging on new pokemon and gameplay system information but stay away from story information.
Mostly because I know I can't stay away from that sweet info...
I'm on the same page here. I'm mostly interested to see the extent of how the gameplay works. In-depth look of it. I don't want to know the story... Maybe I should just drop off the thread and wait for reviews.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
It's weird because this is the first time I've really participated with any sort of online hype with a Pokémon game lol. I guess it's appropriate since this is a switch of the normal Pokémon formula so why shouldn't it be one for me too? 🤣

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So something I saw someone comment on an notice is that you seem to be able to unlock stlyes for moves, but most moves don't initially have them, they're something you have to unlock. As an example for Psyduck at lvl 15 water pulse had no style, but at lvl 22 it did

x962n1344rb81.png

s92ucco16rb81.png

Also there was an example with Floatzel not having styles for Crunch at lvl 33, but having styles at lvl 46 for Crunch. So thats an interesting mechanic in that we have to unlock them for individual moves

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
So something I saw someone comment on an notice is that you seem to be able to unlock stlyes for moves, but most moves don't initially have them, they're something you have to unlock. As an example for Psyduck at lvl 15 water pulse had no style, but at lvl 22 it did

x962n1344rb81.png

s92ucco16rb81.png

Also there was an example with Floatzel not having styles for Crunch at lvl 33, but having styles at lvl 46 for Crunch. So thats an interesting mechanic in that we have to unlock them for individual moves
This is going to be fun for me to catalogue

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
13 days, its so close I can taste it. I really just want to see all the forms to plan my team now, probably sometime mid-late next week for a leak is my best guess

Jodez99

Jan 1, 2018
So these styles essentially mirror the card game which has Rapid strike and Single strike mons. But there's also Fusion strike, so will there be a fusion style?

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I was thinking about the wardens and I was theorycrafting a lot of things based on pure guts, but I want to see what you are also thinking.

Do you think there will be more wardens than the ones presented? If yes, how many wardens do you think we will have?

How many wardens do you think we will have per region?

From the ones that were presented, which region of the map do you think they will be in?

We have 4 wardens confirmed for now, 3 from Diamond and 1 from Pearl. 2 of them (Mai and Lian) are hard confirmed to be in the Obsidian fields, according to the story page, while the 2 others (Iscan and Arezu) aren't. I believe Iscan will not be on Obsidian fields, even tho it is connected to the sea, because they didn't say they are there. So I think we will see Iscan on the desert region or lake/bay region. The lake/bay one makes more sense to me, as it has more to explore with a water Pokémon. I have no idea where Arezu could be, so maybe on the second region, which I believe will be the desert region.

I think that the minimum is for us to have 6 wardens, to even out the number of wardens per organization/team. That said, I believe it will be 8, and there will be 2 of them per region. 1 for a Frenzied Noble and 1 for a helpful Noble (ridable or another feature). I also believe that the last region will be "warden-less", but Adam and Irida will be there. I believe it will be the region where we see/face those legendaries and/or Arceus.

Here are some images to help you understand my theories:
story_region_3.jpg

Map1.jpeg

928_p16_02.jpg

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my guess is 10 wardens and Noble Pokemon. Though maybe rank 1 isn't related to a Noble and Warden and rank 10 is tied to Arceus.

Pallo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
In the video we saw Raichu use an agile style thunder wave. I wonder what the point of a strong style thunder wave would be.
Maybe there is more to the strong style than just a damage boost and speed penalty?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
In the video we saw Raichu use an agile style thunder wave. I wonder what the point of a strong style thunder wave would be.
Maybe there is more to the strong style than just a damage boost and speed penalty?
My guess is for status or buff/debuff moves they will have some sort of alt effect. Especially now that we know that you have to unlock the styles for move

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, my guess is 10 wardens and Noble Pokemon. Though maybe rank 1 isn't related to a Noble and Warden and rank 10 is tied to Arceus.

Rank 10 may also be Post Game specific as well, and the main game ends at Rank 8 or something).

(Although I also won't rule the game adding More Ranks in the Post Game like EX Ranks or something).

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Should be noted that we have 7 entirely new Pokemon (that aren't regional variants) that will likely be Noble Pokmeon.

Wrydeer
Kleavor
Basculegion
Sneasel Evolution (Poison/Fighting)
Quilfish Evoultion (Dark/Poison)
Ursarang Evoultion (Normal/Fighting)

Though suspect though not all of the frenzied Pokemon will be brand new Pokemon. There's also Fairy/Flying Genie but i suspect that will be a Post Game Capture and won't be tied to rank

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

x962n1344rb81.png

s92ucco16rb81.png

Wait....

You're saying it is possible for any move to unlock the Strong and Agile styles?

4 x 260 x 3 = 3120 theoretical combinations.

Serebii got his work cut out for him.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Wait....

You're saying it is possible for any move to unlock the Strong and Agile styles?

4 x 260 x 3 = 3120 theoretical combinations.

Serebii got his work cut out for him.
well we don't know if every
move can unlock it, but we no for certain that everyone that can use the styles will need to unlock it. We also don't know how those styles will affect non damaging moves. Either way there is definitely a lot that needs to be gleaned

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
The climbing mechanic and the distortion world are the only things we know about from the first leak that haven't been revealed officially

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Climbing was perhaps an initial idea that they did not know how to balance with flying. Perhaps they felt they wanted to give the ability to fly sooner and climbing became redundant because of it.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Climbing was perhaps an initial idea that they did not know how to balance with flying. Perhaps they felt they wanted to give the ability to fly sooner and climbing became redundant because of it.
there is no way that anything from that leak is not true, just because the aren't showing it doesn't mean its not in

IronWarrior94

Jun 1, 2018
This is 100% fake but...

1642233179972.jpg

The other starter designs

1642231412565.jpg

1642008658088.jpg

This H Typholsion design is dope as hell
Yeah most likely fake but this is arguably the best interpretation of the starter forms going off of "they don't change much". Granted the only other competing interpretation is this drawing
dy4x795yo3881.jpg

And hate to say it but this one will probably end up being the most accurate prediction, if we believe Khu's(iirc he said Typhlosion and Samurott look relatively unchanged from their normal forms while he found Decidueye to have the least appealing design.)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My head is still trying to think if the capture loop is going to work in this one and if filling your pokedex will be fun.

Normal games you capture a pokemon, it fills your pokedex, you get that pokemon to use in your team if you wish to do so, yay.

This one has that the first time, but second, third, fourth, fifth? You get points, points will gradually unlock new missions and areas, ok. Some pokemon drop items in this when you catch them (But this also seems to happen on beating them). You get... another version of the pokemon you already caught, um, ok. You get Pokedex info... fine. You use to get all of that with one capture initially, now you need to get to Research Level 5 or whatever to learn Bidoof is the Plump Mouse pokemon.

I dunno, most people don't complete their pokedexes in regular pokemon games as is, and that just asked capturing every pokemon once. Now you need a good number of research tasks that involve specific capturing styles, sizes, using certain moves against them... we'll see.

I understand it's Super Big Checklist that you only need to do 30% of to beat the game and they aren't expecting you to do 100% of it unless you are really dedicated, Maybe it's just I'm not the type of person that likes getting the same pokemon over and over and over again. I like the battles, building a team, getting it all to synergize together and this game does not seem to have any of that, and again, that could just be because previews are early areas of the game which have notoriously been bad showcasing the battle system in past games and it shows better in the late game (Although late game tends to be versus other players and this game doesn't have that) but I'm still on the fence, especially since the overworld encounter seem pretty basic with what we've seen item wise.

Guess I just need to wait for the leaks and see what the end game is like, if there's going to be some interesting stuff, or if it's just a grind.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Curiously enough they also accidentally showed it in a quick clip during the August Presents, and it looks like it isn't fully open at times, only showing cracks like the ones that shoot lightining as shown in the trailer during the alpha Pokémon reveal

IMG_1626.png

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Curiously enough they also accidentally showed it in a quick clip during the August Presents, and it looks like it isn't fully open at times, only showing cracks like the ones that shoot lightining as shown in the trailer during the alpha Pokémon reveal

IMG_1626.png
Could be that it keeps getting bigger as the story progresses until it opens all the way and shit goes down

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly hoping there's a curveball with the starters, in that they evolve into different Pokemon instead of Hisuian forms. Forms for starters doesn't interest me NEARLY as much as entirely new concepts for their final evolutions.

(Also because a regional variant won't make Samurott a biped and not suck)

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I read the thread those colored drawings were posted in, and they were made by someone trying to reinterpret the non-colored drawings based on further descriptions, just in a better art style. The original poster then said no, they weren't accurate. I believe there was a tripcode to verify it was indeed the OP, but I might be mixing up two different threads. Either way, they were not made by someone claiming to have actually seen them.

It's all probably based on someone making shit up, but those colored drawings would then be a second degree of fake.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My head is still trying to think if the capture loop is going to work in this one and if filling your pokedex will be fun.

Normal games you capture a pokemon, it fills your pokedex, you get that pokemon to use in your team if you wish to do so, yay.

This one has that the first time, but second, third, fourth, fifth? You get points, points will gradually unlock new missions and areas, ok. Some pokemon drop items in this when you catch them (But this also seems to happen on beating them). You get... another version of the pokemon you already caught, um, ok. You get Pokedex info... fine. You use to get all of that with one capture initially, now you need to get to Research Level 5 or whatever to learn Bidoof is the Plump Mouse pokemon.

I dunno, most people don't complete their pokedexes in regular pokemon games as is, and that just asked capturing every pokemon once. Now you need a good number of research tasks that involve specific capturing styles, sizes, using certain moves against them... we'll see.

I understand it's Super Big Checklist that you only need to do 30% of to beat the game and they aren't expecting you to do 100% of it unless you are really dedicated, Maybe it's just I'm not the type of person that likes getting the same pokemon over and over and over again. I like the battles, building a team, getting it all to synergize together and this game does not seem to have any of that, and again, that could just be because previews are early areas of the game which have notoriously been bad showcasing the battle system in past games and it shows better in the late game (Although late game tends to be versus other players and this game doesn't have that) but I'm still on the fence, especially since the overworld encounter seem pretty basic with what we've seen item wise.

Guess I just need to wait for the leaks and see what the end game is like, if there's going to be some interesting stuff, or if it's just a grind.
most people just play for the story and to play against friends. we know there's trading at least, but since this is story focused, most people are set. throw in a world to explore and they cast a fairly wide net. if you here for team building, with no PvP, it makes sense that this might offer much less for you

Status
Not open for further replies.