Votes: 201 58.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I follow pokemon topics and have stumbled on a total of 0 things related to SV leaks. Avoiding it is very easy, and even in the case of your friend, just mute or block Centro right after.
But it's not just Centro, and they did and it fed them Blaines and so many others.

Just because you didn't stumble on it doesn't mean it's not a problem

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a summary of all the leaks so far ?

I saw one about a week and a half ago but it seems like there has been stuff coming out every day

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
But it's not just Centro, and they did and it fed them Blaines and so many others.

Just because you didn't stumble on it doesn't mean it's not a problem
Just because one friend of yours stumbled upon it, doesn't mean it is a problem for the general public either. If you don't have data to backup that there is a huge movement of general public bothered by it, them any claim you make is as void as any claim I make.

Honestly, I think you are making this a much bigger issue than it is. Leaks happen, let people who enjoy discussing them, discuss them. Your last few posts in this thread have all been to complain about leaks and to say the leaker is screwed.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just because one friend of yours stumbled upon it, doesn't mean it is a problem for the general public either. If you don't have data to backup that there is a huge movement of general public bothered by it, them any claim you make is as void as any claim I make.

Honestly, I think you are making this a much bigger issue than it is. Leaks happen, let people who enjoy discussing them, discuss them. Your last few posts in this thread have all been to complain about leaks and to say the leaker is screwed.
You realise I see a lot of stuff in the wider community, right?

This is a common thing. You can't just dismiss it because you're fine with it

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
While the leaks for this game are unprecedented, really the leak culture that has formed around Pokémon is 100% TPC's fault.

They know their games leak. They know people want to know the new designs, but not the story. They need to change how they do their marketing, like Smash did by revealing all characters beforehand, otherwise they will never "own" the marketing cycle ever again.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This is dumb, if you don't like leaks stay out of the leak thread.

I also dislike the opinion that the leaker is hurting people's enjoyment when his actual audience, the people reading his stuff are clearly enjoying the leaks.

(And getting a game spoiled in incredibly minor ways is not a big deal either)

Leak Summary so far as of July 20th

Wulava

Jul 18, 2022
Last edited:

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
In general I agree that it's so easy to not have these leaks be spoiled for you. 1) you got to go out of your way to find them and even then who knows what's real? And 2) we haven't seen anything but the worst blurriest images possible 😂

I get it that if you're someone like Joe and run Pokémon related stuff you sort of have to keep track of what is being talked about, and in that context it sucks.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
While the leaks for this game are unprecedented, really the leak culture that has formed around Pokémon is 100% TPC's fault.

They know their games leak. They know people want to know the new designs, but not the story. They need to change how they do their marketing, like Smash did by revealing all characters beforehand, otherwise they will never "own" the marketing cycle ever again.
They pretty much did that with SM and got a wave of complaints that they revealed too much

Vaskie

Oct 27, 2017
This is the summary of leaks I've been maintaining on SPPf since Kaka's arrival.

Region/Characters/Story Info
  • Parudeya [パルデヤ] Region. Has 3 cities and 9 towns.
  • Gyms can be done in any order, but the teams/levels don't change.
    • Gym Leader types: Bug, Grass, Water, Ice, Electric, Normal, Ghost, Psychic.
    • Gym Leaders have "important secrets".
    • They also have jobs such as: streamer (Magnemite-haired girl), snowboarder, rapper.
    • Each gym can be cleared twice in the main game.
  • Rival is a red-haired female whose personality is not like Hop.
  • Elite Four returns.
    • One of them is a kid.
    • Types used by E4 does not overlap those of Gym Leaders.
  • Champion's gender depends on the game's version.
  • Prof. Sada & Turo ONLY appears on their respective versions.
  • There are classes, interviews and exams in the game.
  • SV's story is "tear jerkingly good"
  • SV has multiple endings. There are a total of 3 routes. Finishing all 3 leads to the true ending.
  • Plot spoiler:
    • You cannot use your own Pokemon during the climax battle.
    • You cannot use Koraidon/Miraidon in battle not until the climax.

Gameplay Info
  • Clothing options (based on what the leaker have seen so far) are only limited to pants and shorts, all tops are school uniforms, and facial customization is still in.
  • The camera is controllable during battle.
  • Mass outbreaks return.
  • Alpha Pokemon are present, but under a different name and are tied to the story.
  • Overworld Pokemon size variation returns.
  • Shiny Pokemon can be seen on the overworld.
  • There is a "Time Warping" feature that only applies to Pokemon.
  • There is an Auction feature with NPCs. You can only buy from them though.
  • There is an NPC who will trade Pokemon from a previous game.
  • There is DLC.
  • There are raid battles.
  • Missing/removed/changed features:
    • You do not visit Kalos post-game.
    • No daycare centers. Eggs are obtained differently.
    • No ranked battles (for now).
    • No new types, but will introduce new type combinations.
    • No new evolutionary stones.
    • No National Dex.
    • No difficulty settings.
    • No returning characters.
    • No Mega Evolution.
    • No Z-Moves.
    • No bicycle.
    • No fishing.
    • No voice acting.
    • The ability "Download" has been removed.

General Pokemon Info
  • The National Dex now surpasses 1,000 total Pokemon.
  • Regional Pokedex has around 400 Pokemon.
  • There is a sidequest that Eevee fans will enjoy.
  • All previous starters, all fossil Pokemon, Jynx, Wailord, Metagross, Milotic, Golurk, Minior, Furfrou, Aipom, Toucannon, Woobat, Applin, Beedrill, Porygon, Meltan are absent.
  • Garchomp, Sunflora, Goodra, Rotom, Komala, Teddiursa, Weezing, Houndour, Skwovet, Mimikyu, Staraptor, Magikarp, Salamence, and a certain cactus Pokemon are present.
  • Not all Hisuian forms are in the game.

New Pokemon Info
  • There are 120-140 new Pokemon.
    • This includes actual new Gen 9 Pokemon, regional variants, ancient/future forms, and convergent Pokemon (see 'New Forms' section).
  • Starter details:
    • Spirgatito's evo is "so-so" in terms of cuteness, has a broken hidden ability, and themed around masks/clowns/gentlemen thieves.
    • Fuecoco's evo is not bipedal, looks similar to an alligator, does not look like a snake, does not have an exposed skull in its final evo. It's middle evo has a flaming egg on its head. The final evo has a flaming bird instead.
    • Quaxly's evolution is themed around peacocks and dancers.
    • Starters leg count as they evolve:
      • Sprigatito: 4 > 2 > 2
      • Fuecoco: 2 > 2 > 4
      • Quaxly: 2 > 2 > 2
  • New Pokemon:
    • Pawmi2 + Pawmi3 (Electric/Fighting)
      • It has a 1 PP move that revives fainted Pokemon.
    • Lechonk2 that differ by gender
    • Smoliv2 + Smoliv3 (an olive tree)
    • flamingo (Flying/Fighting; does not evolve)
    • dolphin
    • ostrich (Psychic)
    • earthworm
    • crab
    • spider line
    • dog line 1 (Ghost; evolves at least once)
    • dog line 2 (evolves at least once)
    • dog line 3 (evolves at least once)
    • artificial intelligence
    • coin
    • motorcycle
    • samurai
    • Kamen Rider-inspired (from Khu)
    • 2-stage engine line
    • 2-stage icicle line
    • 2-stage salt line
    • 2-stage hammer-wielding fairy line (Fairy/???; one of the E4's ace)
    • ??? (Grass/Fire)
    • ??? (Fire)
    • 4 sub-legendaries
  • Koraidon/Miraidon are the only ride Pokemon.
    • They act similar to PLA ride Pokemon (flying, swimming, climbing, etc).
    • Koraidon/Miraidon don't have 5 forms.
  • There is no third mascot legendary.
  • No peacock Pokemon.
  • No new fossil Pokemon.

New Forms/Evolutions Info
  • The only regional variants:
    • Wooper (Poison)
    • Tauros (black-colored)
  • Pokemon with new evolutions:
    • Regional Wooper2
    • Murkrow2
    • Girafarig2 (Psychic)
    • Dunsparce2 (Normal; evo doesn't fly and looks like a bigger Dunsparce)
    • Primeape3 (evolution method is interesting)
    • Bisharp3
  • Ancient/Future formsare considered different Pokemon, will have separate Pokedex entries and have different names.
    • These Pokemon do not evolve, but are very strong in battle.
      • Ancient Jigglypuff
      • Ancient Amoonguss
      • Ancient Misdreavus
      • Ancient Pseudo-legendary
      • Future Delibird
      • Future Gallade/Gardevoir
      • Future Salamence
      • Ancient & Future Volcarona
      • Ancient & Future Gen 2 Pokemon
  • Convergent Pokemon are new Pokemon that look similar to existing Pokemon but have different types, new names and can evolve. Khu labeled these Pokemon as 'RFake'.
    • One example is the new pink Water-type eel like looks similar to Diglett/Dugtrio.
  • Hypno does not evolve but may get a new form.
  • New Rotom forms were found in the data, but was removed.
  • No new forms for Magnemite, Lucario, Dodrio, Lugia, Ho-oh.
  • No new evolutions for Eevee, Golduck, Sunflora, Maractus.

Gimmick Details
  • A special ball-like item given by Nemona, that can be used once per battle.
  • Can be used on all Pokemon, but reverts once recalled or fainted.
  • When used, it gives the Pokemon a crystalline aura and additional flourish (like the skull-and-bones).
  • It buffs a single type (which can be changed).

Uncertain (from Kaka's Q&A)
  • If Quaxly's evo fights with its legs
  • If Kneading is Sprigatito's signature move
  • If Forretress evolves
  • If map size is relative to PLA, SWSH
  • If Ursaring, Stantler, or Scyther can evolve into PLA evos

It might contain some errors, so someone please correct it if you see any.

Thank you so much, that is exactly what i was hoping for!

Your post needs to be threadmarked if it hasn't yet

Feb 24, 2018
You say that, but the Twitter algorithm is pushing it to people undesired. I have a friend who wants none but Twitter sent them a push notification for Centro, who they don't even follow, with a load of it

It's not as segmented as people think
This reminds me of YouTube algorithims that push anime spoiler videos because I watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged or Pokemon "leak" vids because i watch the Magikarp song.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This reminds me of YouTube algorithims that push anime spoiler videos because I watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged or Pokemon "leak" vids because i watch the Magikarp song.
Exactly.

I'm honestly perplexed by people saying "oh it's easy to avoid them" when it's factually not, I've seen loads of people complain about it being shoved in their faces by algorithms, and it's not like they can take a 2 week break like many do just before launch, because we're months in advance.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time was that we'd have every single detail out there months and months in advance of release... because the Japanese version would come out well in advance of the western release. Never did the franchise much harm then!

Fundamentally, an exciting pre-release period with a steady cadence of information is a nice thing to have, but I'm not certain that the absence of one actually hurts the franchise in any meaningful way. The run-up to Sword and Shield was an unmitigated disaster (far more than anything we're seeing here), and those games did as well as the franchise has done this millennium.

Baby Bird

Nov 5, 2017
You realise I see a lot of stuff in the wider community, right?

This is a common thing. You can't just dismiss it because you're fine with it
If possible, please share evidence of how this affects the consumer base of the game as a whole. Being honest here, I'll be glad to change my opinion if I'm provided enough evidence to backup your claims, it's just that I don't see a broader issue with the leaks at the moment.

But again, I don't think this thread right here is the best platform for discussing that. We are just derailing the discussion, and I'd like to avoid that if possible. This is a thread to discuss leaks, and not their morality.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
The increased size genuinely improved some pokemon designs imo

I totally agree. There was quite a few Pokemon like Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Torterra, Yanemga, Whiscash that I thought really benefited from the larger size. I think it really sells them as "monsters" and not just an animal representative. Seeing something like non-Alpha Abomasnow afterwards felt a bit like the game was mocking them lol

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
He just needs to shut up and stop this. He's leaked way too much. If caught, and he will be, he's going to get sued the shit out of

All surprises are gone.

Basically, he's an absolute twat.
I agree, i hope he and both khu gets sued. They are spoiling all the surprises, maybe some of it were not plan to show in any future trailer and was meant for the players to discover during gameplay

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
I totally agree. There was quite a few Pokemon like Abomasnow, Tangrowth, Gyarados, Mamoswine, Torterra, Yanemga, Whiscash that I thought really benefited from the larger size. I think it really sells them as "monsters" and not just an animal representative. Seeing something like non-Alpha Abomasnow afterwards felt a bit like the game was mocking them lol
Precisely yeah, certain pokemon were made better because it looked funny like Porygon:
FK318sXUUAAgepv

While pokemon like Bastiodon look like they should have always been that size:
FK6dzkXVgAIqZ_u

Knowing in reality that this literal dinosaur is shorter than a child just sucks

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but is there any evidence the SM backlash was more than a minority? Prior to XY, every game was fully spoiled months in advance for the worldwide release. And XY weren't exactly shy in its marketing cycle, either, being comparable to SM in a lot of ways.

Are we sure the TPC just didn't realize the games sell themselves so they can afford not to be aggressive with their marketing strategy? Because that would make a lot more sense to me than overreacting to a segment of the hardcore fanbase complaining about Sun and Moon's marketing cycle, especially when nothing indicates it hurt Sun and Moon's preorders or sales.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I try to imagine going into a Pokemon game blind. I pick Sobble and see it evolve into Inteleon.

Nope, fuck that lol.

Not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but is there any evidence the SM backlash was more than a minority? Prior to XY, every game was fully spoiled months in advance for the worldwide release. And XY weren't exactly shy in its marketing cycle, either, being comparable to SM in a lot of ways.

Are we sure the TPC just didn't realize the games sell themselves so they can afford not to be aggressive with their marketing strategy? Because that would make a lot more sense to me than overreacting to a segment of the hardcore fanbase complaining about Sun and Moon's marketing cycle, especially when nothing indicates it hurt Sun and Moon's preorders or sales.
I think that TPCi was simply learning how to adjusy to worldwide releases and eventually landed on the current strategy with USUM.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Because I follow Nintendo games, I would get all the "EVERY BOSS IN SUCH-AND-SUCH GAME" in my recommended with the thumbnails spoiling said bosses including the final boss. That's the point where I started applying ad blockers and youtube apps that remove that shit entirely.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
So the only we will hear Kaka's leaks now is through a secondary source who managed to get into the discord, so it's going to be harder to trust any new information from now on

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
PokeSuutamie on Twitter has been translating all Kaka's stuff and said he's moved there (and I believe she managed to join it in time). Blaines and PoryLeeks are two more people that managed to get in apparently lol
Oh I actually do trust her. She's been pretty reliable

But I'm looking on her Twitter and it doesn't mention anything about this are you sure

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
I mean for me personally, they've stayed absolutely silent on the story and we've gotten almost no images of the 'mons, so I'm fine with it. Being told there's a Samurai themed Pokémon is one thing, you can speculate and hype and whatever until release off that, but being shown the end result is another. To each his own though. Not going to fault people for being mad, especially since the internet is full of jerks who just live off spreading this stuff. I remember I got spoiled on a high-profile movie death minutes before I was about to leave for the showing because I was hunting Twitter for fantasy football tips and folks were posting leaked photos in the replies of literally anything. >:(

I try to imagine going into a Pokemon game blind. I pick Sobble and see it evolve into Inteleon.

Nope, fuck that lol.

This is my exception though lmao

I absolutely need to know the third starter stage before I choose. If I didn't then I would've picked Chespin over Froakie and I never would've forgiven myself haha

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
Time was that we'd have every single detail out there months and months in advance of release... because the Japanese version would come out well in advance of the western release. Never did the franchise much harm then!

Fundamentally, an exciting pre-release period with a steady cadence of information is a nice thing to have, but I'm not certain that the absence of one actually hurts the franchise in any meaningful way. The run-up to Sword and Shield was an unmitigated disaster (far more than anything we're seeing here), and those games did as well as the franchise has done this millennium.

Yep it's very funny for me to see serebii in here getting feisty about leaks when I went to that site ALL of the time for magazine scans, bootleg videos of Japanese tv show segments and whatever other info they could get ahold of, all months in advance of an American release of the games. All of which I considered to be leaks at the time.

I get that it's different because to the best of my knowledge joe never posted anything that didn't come from an official source (even if it was a bootlegged version of it) but it's not THAT different in my eyes.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Well there is a server, idk where the link came from. Apparently the server just devolved into people trolling Blaines though, so I suppose we aren't missing anything.
I don't see that anywhere, not on Kaka or Blaine's twitter

Edit: Blaines just tweeted that the leaker has a chinese version of the game, so he may be in a server. but given Blaines' tendency to post bullshit, I really hope someone more reliable is in there

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at that twitter account there is something I don't think was mentioned: apparently the method of evolving Primeape is "interesting"
I wonder if it involves either making it angry (bitter herbs?) or even calming it down somehow

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
The way Kaka's been severely restricting who can see his stuff is really lame and just makes it so much more likely for misinterpreted or fake info to get spread around, while probably not actually doing all that much to help him not get caught. If you're so afraid of being taken down that you're willing to keep introducing more ways for your info to be distorted, maybe the info isn't worth sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.