• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
preorder bonus for Pokemon Center Japan

ajc76d841pb81.jpg

f2c.jpg
I wonder if the artbook will be the source of early leaks like with SWSH(though that was a guidebook)

russbus64

May 1, 2018
When does the review embargo lift? I'm on the fence about preordering at the moment. Also, when someone says it's "like Monster Hunter," I don't know what that means.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
When does the review embargo lift? I'm on the fence about preordering at the moment. Also, when someone says it's "like Monster Hunter," I don't know what that means.
From the explanations I got from people, it is because this game is divided in areas, instead of being a huge single map and you having hubs to go and prepare for the next quest. Also, that you collect materials around the map to craft things for the next survey mission.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
Oh man, an artbook for this game could be great. Might have to get it depending on if the game sticks the landing or not.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I wonder about is what happens when you flee from a pokemon in the game. Does it despawn on doing so? I don't think it would, and you'll have to go back to dodging it's attacks. But what if you run, and then you battle it again. Does the Health Persist or does it heal back to full? You could back strike a pokemon, get the one freebie move off, run, then repeat... but can you back strike when they are enraged, can they disengage from the enrage. Could I Back Strike, Attack, Flee, Smoke Bomb (I'm assuming this game will have smoke bomb) to make a temporary escape, wait for the pokemon to deaggro, then go for another back strike?

Stuff I'm thinking about. I hope backstriking advances more than just "Use Food to distract" as I feel the goal of getting the back strike is the main interesting part of the overworld.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing I wonder about is what happens when you flee from a pokemon in the game. Does it despawn on doing so? I don't think it would, and you'll have to go back to dodging it's attacks. But what if you run, and then you battle it again. Does the Health Persist or does it heal back to full? You could back strike a pokemon, get the one freebie move off, run, then repeat... but can you back strike when they are enraged, can they disengage from the enrage. Could I Back Strike, Attack, Flee, Smoke Bomb (I'm assuming this game will have smoke bomb) to make a temporary escape, wait for the pokemon to deaggro, then go for another back strike?

Stuff I'm thinking about. I hope backstriking advances more than just "Use Food to distract" as I feel the goal of getting the back strike is the main interesting part of the overworld.
I think they'll just go back to full health if they don't despawn. could be a mix of both, alphas go back to full health, regular pokemon despawn

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Is there more then a single town in this game? Is there an actual story beyond just catching Pokémon?

There are a TON of named characters we've seen and yet we haven't seen really anything beyond what looks like an intro boss. We haven't even seen the titular legend, Arceus.
There's gotta be a story. Not sure about other towns. Looks like the main one just kinda builds up. But I could see there being 2-3 more hubs maybe

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Is there more then a single town in this game? Is there an actual story beyond just catching Pokémon?
From what we saw and the description they keep giving, it sounds like Jubilife will be the only town. Looking at the map, maybe we will have bigger bases on new areas, or houses to go on those areas. Edit: To clarify, when I say bases, I mean camps, like the one we saw with professor Laventon in Obsidian fields. And I said MAYBE.

story_region_3.jpg

For the story, yes, there is more than just catching Pokémon:

Pokémon Legends: Arceus | Story | Official Website | Pokémon

Discover the Hisui region, Jubilife Village, and the characters of Pokémon Legends: Arceus.

Last edited:

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope Hisuian Sneasel and its evolution end up looking cool. It was always my favorite Pokémon growing up (I was an edgelord).

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
Notice there's no official guides for BDSP or Legends after that

I could see why BDSP wouldn't have one, but Legends not having one feels very telling. It's a shame, since I know some people like collecting them. Maybe they could try again with upcoming games but just release the book a month later or something.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I could see why BDSP wouldn't have one, but Legends not having one feels very telling. It's a shame, since I know some people like collecting them. Maybe they could try again with upcoming games but just release the book a month later or something.

They always released them way after the game was out. Well, I don't know if ALWAYS since the early games, but at least since I started collecting them around Gen 4, they usually aren't out by the time the game is released.

Thing is, apparently even those get sent to the stores with a lot of time in advance.

It's really a shame though

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully it comes as late as possible. I might have a chance to avoid it if it's close enough to release.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Just relax my friends and take it in as it comes. Wait for the game and enjoy it fresh :)

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I think for this particular game im less concerned about spoiling everything for myself because usually for me the excitement in a new mainline pokemon game is the new pokemon themselves while for this game I'm more interested in the gameplay for a change and the amount of new pokemon is quite low

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As soon as I get confirmation that the starter forms are real and I see their designs to decide which one to pick, I'm out of here. I think I'm gonna try not to spoil all the new Pokémon this time so I have a few surprises left.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As soon as I get confirmation that the starter forms are real and I see their designs to decide which one to pick, I'm out of here. I think I'm gonna try not to spoil all the new Pokémon this time so I have a few surprises left.
Well don't forget that this isn't a new gen so the number of new Pokémon will be small

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Also most of the new ones are probably gonna be noble boss fights so seeing them for the first time hidden by the golden glow and then fully unveiled is gonna be a super cool experience if unspoiled

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed how the world works since its not open world? For Reference Ive never played Monster Hunter. So is it like the village or w/e is a hub and you can travel to each region from there by walking? Or is it just like leave village choose from a menu?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed how the world works since its not open world? For Reference Ive never played Monster Hunter. So is it like the village or w/e is a hub and you can travel to each region from there by walking? Or is it just like leave village choose from a menu?

You leave the village and chose from one of the 5 areas of the game. With you gradually unlocking the areas as you progress through the game.

You can see how it works at around 5:30 in the video.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to go the usual route of indulging on new pokemon and gameplay system information but stay away from story information.
Mostly because I know I can't stay away from that sweet info...

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This is 100% fake but...

1642233179972.jpg

The other starter designs

1642231412565.jpg

1642008658088.jpg

This H Typholsion design is dope as hell

Status
Not open for further replies.