Status
Not open for further replies.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
I really hope not
I think SE didn't give luminous production enough time to work on it, they stoped working on FF15 DLC on 2018 and tabata left the same year
So 4 years for a new big AAA IP is not enough
So i really hope they give luminous and forspoken another chance

I also think Luminous is for AAA studio not really big (150). Especially if you take in to consideration that they also have to support an engine.
Sadly I think that's it for the IP but I can see that Luminous gets another chance.
If they really have Engine problems, they should switch to Unreal and work on a game in scope smaller. Maybe on a more linear game.

if I was Herman Hulst, I would just tweet "Bloodborne" and thats it. Give zero context. Don't follow up, don't acknowledge it, just that one tweet. Just to troll the internet and well, mostly Era.
elmo-burning.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda hope FFXVI will be Square's "Resident Evil 7 moment" like it was for Capcom and they finally find their own indentity (and good engine lol).

Deleted member 110398

Mar 9, 2022
So with rumours circling that the 2nd gen PS5 will be in production in April I would love a mini showcase.....
Factions 2
ND (New IP tease, potential title card?)
HFW Burning Shores
Spider-Man 2
FF16
Ghost Of Tsushima 2 tease

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Germany top 20 2022 games (physical+digital) - (bundles are not inclued)
game_Jahres-Charts_2022_PCKonsole_DE-707x1000.jpg

GT7: 6
HFW: 8
GOWR: 10

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
Really hope SE doesn't shelf the Forspoken ip.

Depends on the sales, I thought I could have sworn the game's preorders were really high so maybe it will sell well regardless? Sony also has a reason for it to be successful if they got it for 2 years. Maybe Sony can help out there?

From what I've seen and heard of Forspoken so far I can gather that there is some horrible writing and character building going on, the game design itself being only a secondary source of complaints.

And here I thought Hennig and Whitta would create something at least decent... ugh.

Not sure about Whitta but I read Henning was only there to provide a general outline of the story and then left. The writing was left to 2 completely different people.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
if I was Herman Hulst, I would just tweet "Bloodborne" and thats it. Give zero context. Don't follow up, don't acknowledge it, just that one tweet. Just to troll the internet and well, mostly Era.

/r/pcgaming would have a heart attack and I would fear for Hermen's life if unexplained after a week.

Ewaan

Corrupted by Vengeance
May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
of course it's my opinion, none of this is factual lol. Most of the publishers/devs you mentioned besides R* don't excite me or are inconsistent. Ubisoft though lol, hard to even accept them being credible in 2023.

I believe there are talented developers at Ubisoft capable of putting out critically successful games. It's just that the management at that company is so whack it's preventing them from doing so. Maybe one day again we'll see something from them.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
There are always big games that end up being poorly received. Third party isn't failing because 4 random games didn't do as well.

Could have just as well have shown Sony 2013, with Knack (54), Killzone Shadow Fall (73). It's a silly thing, particularly while ignoring all of the other games that launched and did extremely well.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just have an urge to stop by and mention how good Demon's Souls Remake is. Two+ years later the visuals and dual sense features stand out on what is still a light next gen landscape. Bluepoint did good.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
There are always big games that end up being poorly received. Third party isn't failing because 4 random games didn't do as well.

Could have just as well have shown Sony 2013, with Knack (54), Killzone Shadow Fall (73). It's a silly thing, particularly while ignoring all of the other games that launched and did extremely well.

Yeah. It's quite weird discourse, when Square have published some mediocre games before. They are still good publisher and have exciting stuff coming.
Capcom have promising games coming in 2023.. EA line-up with Jedi Survivor, Dead Space R and Wild Hearts looks pretty good and they may will have nice streak this year. Etc.

Deleted member 110398

Mar 9, 2022
This is a probably an unpopular take but i'm pretty damn excited for the rumoured HZD Remaster. It's still my favourite game in the franchise despite it's shortcomings. If they redo the cinematics and push the visual boundary closer to Forbidden West's I will be in heaven.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Is this guaranteed?

Live Action TV series will reach wider audience, although animated series fits best and i love most of them (Castlevania, Invincible, Arcane, The Witcher Nightmare of the Wolf, etc).

It's not confirmed, but the guy running Destiny's Transmedia division came over from being a director/producer for Riot's animated shorts. And a Destiny live-action series would be unbelievably expensive to make.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yeah. Curious to see if PlayStation Productions co-produces this with Bungie or if Bungie decides to just run with it themselves.
There's also Marathon as well if that is indeed making a return from Bungie.

I could see Bungie working with Sony Pictures directly, but also the distribution for streaming/TV will probably require a big external partnership

This is a probably an unpopular take but i'm pretty damn excited for the rumoured HZD Remaster. It's still my favourite game in the franchise despite it's shortcomings. If they redo the cinematics and push the visual boundary closer to Forbidden West's I will be in heaven.

Horizon Zero Dawn with gyro controls and a non-demonic Kid Aloy would be one of the best games of all time

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
So showcase February 29th? Jokes aside, the timing would be good as psvr2 is out by then.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.