Re: Bungie - should we think about a new thread name?

• No, let's stick with PlayStation Studios (atleast for now)

Votes: 500 82.6%
  • Yes, let's come up with a new name !

Votes: 105 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmac456

May 27, 2020
Poor Guerilla Games. Another critically acclaimed hit that will sell 15-20 million copies. They just can't catch a break.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
If only people could enjoy other games without shitting on Horizon for some reason. Some day we might have the technology for that but not today.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I am happy for everyone.

GG, Bungie, FromSoft.

Now I wish the best for Polyphony Digital with GT7 next week.
Also people got to give up on Sony ever acquiring FromSoft from Kodakawa. Unless Sony actually buys Kodakawa outright for novel, manga, anime, etc.. reasons, it would be silly for them to sell off From.

Be at least happy that possibly Sony could get more first party titles with them in the future due to their currently good relationship.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
man, i wish elden came a week or two later. now i have to finish horizon while thinking about "how magical that game would be? i can't wait to finish this and play that!"

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could get more into the Soulsbourne games. They seem to be masterpieces. I've tried Demon's Souls (PS3) and Bloodbourne but neither of them ever clicked for me.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
I see we bury HFW now... lol.

I'm sure history will repeat here and in the real world.
People will compare HFW to Elden Ring on here, and the Horizon franchise will reach 40m sold games easily in the real world.

I'm happy to see that FromSoftware could bring Soulsborne to open world with high success.
I'm still not sure how i feel about a Soulsborne with compass and a double jump horse, but i'm surely more interested now.

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all can put Horizon FW to rest if you want. I'm going to be playing this game right up to March Madness.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Sony/Shu dunking on FromSoft and OG Demon's will be their biggest L of all time. Miyazaki can now lean in his gold plated armchair with bourbon in hand and laugh.

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
They could "distract" Elden Ring's Metacritic by releasing Forbidden West three days sales report after launch.

hehe-hehehe.gif
/jk maybe

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the rush?

How is it a problem to enjoy playing a fantastic game (HZFW) with another one to enjoy once you're done (ER)?

What a terrible problem to have indeed ... :)

Convasse

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA, USA
If you've got a PS5, you're eating. Ain't gotta really bemoan HFW's sales potential (or their somewhat jinxed release scheduling).
Especially since HFW on Steam will move weight regardless LOL

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
I don't remember a month in recent memory that had so many strong games in it. It's quite remarkable to see how many high quality games launch around the same time as each other. 2022 is going to be an amazing year.

yhgtu

Sep 12, 2021
I can't wait to play Horizon later today, it's just so good. This month is crazy, I will have to wait for Elden Ring on sale as I already have my next two months booked.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I don't get the rush?

How is it a problem to enjoy playing a fantastic game (HZFW) with another one to enjoy once you're done (ER)?

What a terrible problem to have indeed ... :)
Me neither but FOMO doesn't impacted me at all.
I will play HFW taking my time and will play a patched and balanced ER in one month. I am not even sure that will happen because one Open World to an other isn't the best for me. So probably Kirby, Lost Legacy or Death Loop in between.

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Let the other have their fun with Horizon v Elden ring! We eating regardless; to goat games back to back!? Yes please!

Also just pre-ordered Elden Ring….I'm a weak man…

NazzyQ

Apr 6, 2018
On a positive note, what a fantastic month for gaming, certainly the best since the pandemic began. I'm unsure how I'm going to handle both Horizon and Elden ring. But I think I'm going to finish Horizon first- I suspect that it's hard game to get back into if you take a break from it.

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Me, last month joking about how stacked March is for games:
thats-too-much-man-sarah-lynn.gif

Me, after mainlining Sifu and Horizon and remembering I still have Elden Ring, Witch Queen and GT7 to go:
latest

Oct 25, 2017
We should just be happy that it's such a brilliant time for gamers. Sifu, Forbidden West, The Witch Queen and Elden Ring all in a few weeks and all of them acclaimed, with GT7 and Ghostwire Tokyo on the way. Good stuff.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
They usually announce sales numbers after a week right? Seems possible
Depends.

If it reach the targeted/satisfying milestone numbers, they will; see The Last of Us Part II & Ghost of Tsushima.

If it's not, see Days Gone or Death Stranding in 2019 (hint: there weren't any).

If it's in the middle, maybe like Miles Morales/Rift Apart/Returnal.

🤷‍♂️

We'll see this Friday or not.

ChaosSlayer

Jul 16, 2021
Sony/Shu dunking on FromSoft and OG Demon's will be their biggest L of all time. Miyazaki can now lean in his gold played armchair with bourbon in hand and laugh.
To his defense, the game was a mess. Even Miyazaki himself didn't expect the game to become a social phenomenon.
However, even though they were in a bad shape back then, missing the chance to buy them (even though they were working on Bloodborne for them) is a big misstep.
The same can be said about Atlus too.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Holy moly that scores for elden ring. They are so high, it is already the 13th best reviewed game ever on meta critic! It must be truly magical. I really like the amount of good games releasing this February. Can't wait for that game though!

redbomb6

Sep 22, 2021
I have to balance 2 games at the same time :(. I was going to wait to get Elden Ring but not with this score.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
To his defense, the game was a mess. Even Miyazaki himself didn't expect the game to become a social phenomenon.
However, even though they were in a bad shape back then, missing the chance to buy them (even though they were working on Bloodborne for them) is a big misstep.
The same can be said about Atlus too.
While you are right on technical issues, the game was something special as far as gameplay goes, which was reflected in user and critic reception. Shu said after three hours with the game(to quote)
"This is crap. This is an unbelievably bad game."
Should have seen the potential 👹

Josh5890

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Between PS5 and Switch for 2022 new releases, I am in for one of the best gaming years of my life.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Both Horizon and Elden Ring are great looking games, I imagine PS owners are going to be very happy for months on those two games alone! I'll certainly be getting both, it's just a question of when.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
While you are right on technical issues, the game was something special as far as gameplay goes, which was reflected in user and critic reception. Shu said after three hours with the game(to quote)

Should have seen the potential 👹
not like that matters regardless considering sony published 2 from software games since.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018
Shu got presented a game where you lose parts of your health bar when you die, lose your money when you die and every enemy respawns when you save the game.
I wonder how many people on here would have said that is the next big thing in gaming.

Afterall Demon's Souls was a thing, and is a thing.
The worst decision wasn't taken...

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Horizon and releasing within a week of one of the greatest games of all time - name a more iconic duo.

If you're tired of hearing about Elden Ring - I'm sorry because yoully be hearing a lot more about it probably forever.
We are tired of hooligans, preachers, evangelists, salesman and obessional maniacs, but not of a game coming from a studio that Sony contributed to build the reputation with the three IPs they have in common lol

Status
Not open for further replies.