Re: Bungie - should we think about a new thread name?

• No, let's stick with PlayStation Studios (atleast for now)

Votes: 500 82.6%
  • Yes, let's come up with a new name !

Votes: 105 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapon Tran

Nov 8, 2017
I wouldn't get too hung up on HFW metactitic score, it's obvious the sequel will be a massive improvement on what was already a rock solid foundation but even then it can end up with lower scores due to many reasons like different journalist doing the review from the same outlet or MC being expanded to reviews from smaller outlets who sometimes like to be contrary to what they perceive as "mainstream opinion". At the end of the day that number doesn't change how much enjoyment I get out of any game.

yeah, that is what i always said to my friends back in the day of the releasing of DG and DS. I used to play Obscure franchise a lot despite many critics said they were a cheap clone of Resident Evil mix Silent Hill.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I just wish Sony Pictures was better. It's been a running joke for a long time that they just make garbage movies :/
Well Sony Pictures Television and Sony Pictures Animation and some parts of Aniplex are fine.
I don't understand the IGN article they are literally just quoting the same Stadia article from Business Insider they didn't add anything new. They are just talking about how Bungie was in talks with Google to use the new Stadia white label that's it.
Dang I should've clicked on the article, my bad. 😂

1 gift from Nagito

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Nagito Nagito!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Nagito said:
Since I already got tickets for the Uncharted Movie I'll be giving away the free ticket code I got from the Uncharted digital upgrade for Regal US

These are our awesome prizes:

• Regal (https://www.regmovies.com) Regal (https://www.regmovies.com): Uncharted Ticket for Regal US - Won by chefbags chefbags (5 entries)

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I think as a general rule if we should ever see Sony do a remaster/remake going forward there are a couple questions to ask ourselves:

1. Are they doing this for an eventual PC port?
2. Are they doing this to add PSVR2 support?
3. Are they doing this because they have a TV show/movie coming and want to present a more modern version of an older game for folks to experience?
4. Are they doing this to test the waters for a dormant IP to gauge interest for possible new future entries?

I think that'll cover the vast majority of reasons for a remaster/remake to exist.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
This is 100% a person that knew one thing about the Star Wars game from Quantic Dream and been riding on that clout ever since.

Did the WaddleDee "leak" not show to this thread enough that these people are not to be relied on?
This. People need to stop believing "insiders" just because they got one thing correct. These people get 1 thing correct and suddenly we're supposed to believe they know various things from multiple publishers and developers? Yeah, sure.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you can't fly on machines in this game, I will cancel my preorder. Because I feel like they intentionally teased it.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, what do y'all think of Sony doing an Until Dawn movie to release around Halloween?

Seems like a giant waste of time. I don't know why people are asking for non-interactive movie versions of games that were only novel because they were interactive versions of movies.

Like, you take the 'anyone can die' element and the multiple endings out and all you have is a bad horror movie. Of which already exist legion.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like a giant waste of time. I don't know why people are asking for non-interactive movie versions of games that were only novel because they were interactive versions of movies.

Like, you take the 'anyone can die' element and the multiple endings out and all you have is a bad horror movie. Of which already exist legion.

*looks at the billion Scream movies and whatnot*
Yeah, I don't think that's a big problem and Sony could stand to make some money off of it. If it's good enough to build a bit of a cult following then it can become a regular franchise. Having TV shows/movies and games build off one another to gain new followings is part of their goal. If a film can draw folks to the franchise then that can create some sales of the existing title and help strengthen the potential consumer base of a sequel should they opt to develop one.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't think that's a big problem and Sony could stand to make some money off of it. If it's good enough to build a bit of a cult following then it can become a regular franchise. Having TV shows/movies and games build off one another to gain new followings is part of their goal. If a film can draw folks to the franchise then that can create some sales of the existing title and help strengthen the potential consumer base of a sequel should they opt to develop one.

Scream has had six movies over two decades. The series isn't that prolific. As for Until Dawn itself, Supermassive is done working with Sony, so what's the point? Just make a bad horror movie and hope enough Playstation fans remember Until Dawn and go see it?

You would get the exact same return with an original film that has nothing to do with a six-year-old game.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Sony really going all in with marketing

Indeed. Tons of TV spots, internet ads, billboard and other various outdoor promotions around the world, social media, tons of info dumps via Youtube, blog posts and now a Superbowl ad... quite a remarkable marketing campaign for this game.

Can't wait to see how the Horizon franchise grows. We already know about the VR game, I'm sure a multiplayer or some sort of live service game has to be right around the corner. A Horizon show/movie is all but guaranteed to happen. More cross-promo with other games is likely to happen. And I'm sure we'll get Horizon 3 to drop around the end of this gen.

Fun times ahead 😁

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
It'd be pretty comical to see Until Dawn get a movie adaptation. The whole pitch was "it's one of those derivative slasher flicks... but now you're in control!!" It's a great idea! Game was a blast. But taking that and turning it back into a movie defeats the entire purpose of the IP.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
The lead-up to the Horizon reviews reminds me of the lead-up to God of War. There seems to be a lot of suppressed hype that journalists are excited to finally let loose tomorrow morning.

This week is going to feel unbearably slow 😭

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Scream has had six movies over two decades. The series isn't that prolific. As for Until Dawn itself, Supermassive is done working with Sony, so what's the point? Just make a bad horror movie and hope enough Playstation fans remember Until Dawn and go see it?

You would get the exact same return with an original film that has nothing to do with a six-year-old game.

We don't really know what the future may hold for Sony and Supermassive. We had that info on them working on several SIE games, so that could still be something that happens.

As far as I'm aware, Sony doesn't really have an annual/biannual horror franchise they could milk for movie-going audiences. There's Ghostbusters but I don't know how often they plan to make those movies. They could possibly alternate with one year Until Dawn, one year Ghostbusters if they find a cadence and have enough material to work off of.

That would ensure they always have a Halloween themed movie to launch each year.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lead-up to the Horizon reviews reminds me of the lead-up to God of War. There seems to be a lot of suppressed hype that journalists are excited to finally let loose tomorrow morning.

This week is going to feel unbearably slow 😭
Agreed. It seems like it's going to be quite special. Of course, Elden Ring is right there to steal some of its shine. :( I wish they had more time between them.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
We don't really know what the future may hold for Sony and Supermassive. We had that info on them working on several SIE games, so that could still be something that happens.

As far as I'm aware, Sony doesn't really have an annual/biannual horror franchise they could milk for movie-going audiences. There's Ghostbusters but I don't know how often they plan to make those movies. They could possibly alternate with one year Until Dawn, one year Ghostbusters if they find a cadence and have enough material to work off of.

That would ensure they always have a Halloween themed movie to launch each year.

Again, the problem is...Until Dawn's only shtick is the interactivity. It's a completely stock horror concept in every other regard. Once you take out the interactivity you have nothing. Sony knows that too.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Time to destroy the net.
Someone on the predictions thread claims that have finished the game.
I have a feeling until friday will be spoilers all over the net

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Agreed. It seems like it's going to be quite special. Of course, Elden Ring is right there to steal some of its shine. :( I wish they had more time between them.
I would have loved at least 2 more weeks. It's going to be hard to be in the middle of Horizon just as Elden Ring releases. I'm hoping to at least get through the main story (without rushing) by the time ER releases.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Again, the problem is...Until Dawn's only shtick is the interactivity. It's a completely stock horror concept in every other regard. Once you take out the interactivity you have nothing. Sony knows that too.

Then give it a shtick to appeal to a different medium. Video games and their film/TV adaptations don't have to be 1:1, that's the goal PlayStation Productions set out with when they were founded. They aim to ensure the adaptation fits the medium they're developing it for.

Obviously I'm just guessing here, but if they happen to have intentions of continuing this franchise for games then developing a film/tv franchise to go alongside it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Sure they could just make a brand new IP, but they've already got an established IP here with a bit of a cult following on the video game side. Fanning the flames to try and ignite something larger probably has a better shot of success than coming up with something entirely brand new.

So give us a film like Cabin in the Woods or something along those lines.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Time to destroy the net.
Someone on the predictions thread claims that have finished the game.
I have a feeling until friday will be spoilers all over the net

Yeeeep.

Please, for the love of all things holy and Kaz Hirai, if anyone gets the game early, please please don't post any spoilers here. If you want to post some non-spoiler impressions that should be perfectly fine. Thank you in advance!

all that said the wait is rough man

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
Uncharted is going to be one of those Sony movies that does really well despite it being awful.

I feel like the only thing that's going to be decent to great is that HBO Last of Us show.

Nah i don't expect to make much 21 million from 15 markets okay but not a sign that it will do really well.

Well Sony Pictures Television and Sony Pictures Animation and some parts of Aniplex are fine.

Truth is Sony anime and tv parts has been good for years .
It the movie section that has been awful for over decade lol

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Uncharted movie, honestly reading comments/impressions it sound just like what I expected it to be: a fine movie that just a simple fun adventure. Not gonna win any awards any time soon but could be a good time. I reckon it will do rather well.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Then give it a shtick to appeal to a different medium. Video games and their film/TV adaptations don't have to be 1:1, that's the goal PlayStation Productions set out with when they were founded. They aim to ensure the adaptation fits the medium they're developing it for.

Obviously I'm just guessing here, but if they happen to have intentions of continuing this franchise for games then developing a film/tv franchise to go alongside it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. Sure they could just make a brand new IP, but they've already got an established IP here with a bit of a cult following on the video game side. Fanning the flames to try and ignite something larger probably has a better shot of success than coming up with something entirely brand new.

So give us a film like Cabin in the Woods or something along those lines.

Firesprite are rumored to be developing a horror sci fi adventure game. I'd wager if Sony will go with that if they want a horror IP for PP. It'll be newer and a concept that's likely a fresher adapter than a spin on the teen slasher genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.