• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gundamkyoukai

Oct 25, 2017
I think 3rd party will use all that stuff .
It help them get data and also guide players in certain aspect which 2 things the love to do .
Going to be interesting to see how it look 2 or 3 years from now.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Agree 100%. Exactly how I feel. Super happy with the PS5 UI :)

Yeah, it's a really nice UI! And it looks super smooth! One of the things that irks me about the PS4 UI is that it can feel unresponsive at times.

That's a great idea.

Thank you! I would absolutely love to be able to contribute things like that to the communities. Going even deeper, the way a player would access that would be the filter is limited to the area of the game you're currently in. Like, you're in Demon's Souls, traversing the Boletarian palace, and you keep getting wrecked by an enemy in this one portion of the map. You pop open the menu, and it highlights various video clips from that bonfire, or better yet, shows you that specific enemy portrait, you click it, and it brings up a list of videos featuring that enemy, from its attacks/timings, to how to beat it. And it does that for each enemy of the game, but allows you to filter it by encounter. If you haven't encountered the enemy, it doesn't show up in the guide. If you have encountered it, it does, and is further filtered by said attacks/timing/weaknesses/strategy. Like, really let you streamline what you're looking for. Maybe even further filtering by "developer guide," and "player guide."

I'm sure YouTubers like VaatiVidya would make excellent use of those features. Then again, I'm sure they want you to go to their channel instead lol

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I'm very happy what weve seen so far a great direction forward. cant wait to see what that other button does in the share screen next to screen shot, and see all the game switching and also how the services will change going forward. next couple weeks will be fun.

funniest part is we knew some of what they were doing back in march

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
I gotta say something about seeing Miles walking into that Bodega put a smile on my face, i was a bit down on it being a "dlc" or shorter game or whatever, but the more i've seen of Miles, the less i care, just hope they deliver strong content, rather than long content, an from all the new gameplay, it looks like they went the extra mile(s) :D

Oct 27, 2017
Just got an email from Sony saying they are sending me the headset I ordered from them for the PS5 early, delivery date changed to 10/30.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
I gotta say something about seeing Miles walking into that Bodega put a smile on my face, i was a bit down on it being a "dlc" or shorter game or whatever, but the more i've seen of Miles, the less i care, just hope they deliver strong content, rather than long content, an from all the new gameplay, it looks like they went the extra mile(s) :D
I think it's going to be at least 15- 20 hours of content which is more than enough imo.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
UI was something I wanted to see the most after the hardware reveal, I was not disappointed at the slightest. PiP and Hints, just amazing. And PS store being part of the UI is fantastic. It's a great upgrade over the PS4 interface.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UI was something I wanted to see the most after the hardware reveal, I was not disappointed at the slightest. PiP and Hints, just amazing. And PS store being part of the UI is fantastic. It's a great upgrade over the PS4 interface.
Yep. Fast, clean and some great new features. I'm ready for the PS5. Now the waiting continues.... -_-

Adookah

Nov 1, 2017
Sarajevo
Best part of the UI video, the Killzone avatar from Scotty

FHeEc14.png

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I just wish they have something that fixes screenshots when HDR is on.

Ever since getting an HDR TV I have never taken screenshots even if the game I am playing does not have HDR.

It's such a hassle to turn HDR off and I love HDR and would rather not turn it off when its available.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder what the reason for them delivering the accessories earlier is. Perhaps so that they can devote their entire supply chain (cargo space) to delivering consoles during launch?

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what the reason for them delivering the accessories earlier is. Perhaps so that they can devote their entire supply chain (cargo space) to delivering consoles during launch?
I mean, those accessories aren't "connected" to any digital shops, UIs, etc. So you can send them out before the system releases. They did the same when the PS4 launched.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Shout out to pushsquare crew they broke that PS web store story and they were 100% legit

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, the fact that there is no PS4 style warning about the current game closing suggests the ability to switch between at least 2 games as it is aptly called Switcher

Sacboy
6hEo7rd.jpg

DaS
Bd3lJHB.jpg
yeah and I was saying it makes no sense from a UX design perspective to make that function "Switcher" if it only supports suspending 1 game at a time. it's clearly a pop up menu that will let you select from multiple suspended game states/activities.

Yup. Like a Task....Switcher..... on a PC or smartphone.
That's true but i can totally see it being one game at a time, which I'm ok with as everything would still be snappy loading up.

Same here. Activities is amazing.

I'll just be using whatever this is and QR on Series X (if I can get one, lol), no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.