• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewaan

May 29, 2020
Motherwell, Scotland
The only conclusion you'll get from Austin Evans about the DuelSense is that it isn't better than the $200 XBox Elite controller. Or any XBox controller for that matter.

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
1SjVWXQ.gif
bQUJ24V.gif

and
HtEIt3C.gif
Beautiful. I also can't help but hope they'll add some form of co-op to the game down the line.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I absolutely love the winter setting for this game. It's kind of funny that, despite having dozens of Spider-Man games set in New York, I don't think a single developer ever decided to, like, set it during a different time of year, to give it some bit of differentiation from the many others that just recycled the same map over and over again, with very little changes. Just because the series is set in a single location, doesn't mean that you have to adhere to the same visual interpretation of the setting. At the very least, the seasonal change for MM adds a little more character to what is, basically just a backdrop for your swinging and crime-fighting antics.

My hope is that Spider-Man 2, which I'm expecting to be completely PS5 exclusive by the time it releases, will have Insomniac go a little deeper in making New York feel more alive on the street level. The first game had the really charming interactions between Spidey and the citizens, but I'd like to see that explored a little deeper in SM2.

I also noticed in that last gif, Spider-Man landing on the car as Miles is being dragged by Rhino lol
That's awesome. It's a shame we won't get to see much Spidey and Miles team up action in this game, but I expect them to be a well oiled machine by the time Spider-Man 2 rolls around, and Miles will be even more comfortable being Spider-Man. I'm definitely expecting some kind of dynamic switching between the two, and maybe even some co-op for that one.

Joystick

Oct 28, 2017
There is a Dolby logo under the console, but I don't know what this entails.
Certification-PS5-5-1024x473.jpg
I think I've figured it out. It very likely says DOLBY AUDIO (the word "audio" matches the image, which doesn't appear to be ATMOS or VISION).

This is backed up by the wording which reads "Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Dolby Audio and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories".

Example of all three logos in a photo here:
www.digitaltrends.com

Dolby Atmos Soundbars: Everything You Need To Know | Digital Trends

Now that Dolby Atmos is supported by most streaming services and Blu-rays, it's time to think about making your next soundbar a Dolby Atmos-capable soundbar.

That doesn't mean that the PS5 won't support Atmos. It should be possible to bitstream Atmos direct to the Atmos device, like you can on PS3 and PS4:

But Dolby Vision is looking less likely. Wouldn't they have included the DV logo? It could potentially be added via a UHD drive firmware update or in the PS5 OS I guess. Not that I really care. I haven't used a movie on disc for 5 years!

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful. I also can't help but hope they'll add some form of co-op to the game down the line.
I really wouldn't say no to a GoT Legends style update down the road - co-op web swinging/racing, horde/survival battle mode etc. Nothing big that takes away from dev time to the main single player game, but I could see it working.
MM is sure looking great in those GIFs, I had to skip past the boss related one to try and stay relatively in the dark, but I'm very excited to play it next month. Also, snow = makes everything look better! Snowy NYC looks fantastic!

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Good news everyone. Zlug offer to make launch games avatars edits.
So anyone that wants one all they need is to tag him and say what will be their first PS5 game.
If is AC, he can add a Viking helmet, MM a Spidy mask, DeS a helmet, and so on.
Ohhh!!!
Can I have a Miles Morales avatar? It's going to look like a bootleg Spider-Cat, lol
The image:
kttn.jpg

Tagging the all-powerful and great Zlug !

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
I really wouldn't say no to a GoT Legends style update down the road - co-op web swinging/racing, horde/survival battle mode etc. Nothing big that takes away from dev time to the main single player game, but I could see it working.
MM is sure looking great in those GIFs, I had to skip past the boss related one to try and stay relatively in the dark, but I'm very excited to play it next month. Also, snow = makes everything look better! Snowy NYC looks fantastic!
Totally agree. A horde mode, or a few co-op missions would do very well imo.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Good news everyone. Zlug offer to make launch games avatars edits.
So anyone that wants one all they need is to tag him and say what will be their first PS5 game.
If is AC, he can add a Viking helmet, MM a Spidy mask, DeS a helmet, and so on.
I'd love an AC helmet Zlug (assuming it can fit in my avatar lol)

Spidey mask would be great otherwise :P

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone know if Amazon ships their accessories early too?

No idea.

I did notice that my Amazon order for Demon's Souls, Sackboy, and an extra Dual Sense controller changed from "Estimated delivery November 12th," to "We'll email you when we have an estimated delivery date." That could mean anything. It could mean that they'll ship them early as they come in, or that their stock is limited, and they'll ship them when they get more in. I pre-ordered them back in September, as soon as they became available on the site, so hopefully it means I'll get them by the 12th or sooner.

I will say that if they don't ship the games and I get them by November 12th, I'm cancelling those orders and getting them digitally. I ended up cancelling my FFVIIR pre-order with them because they screwed up my order when I updated my address months before release, and I wasn't going to get it until a week or two after launch. So I bought it digitally. I would have got Demon's and Sackboy digitally in the first place, but I'm already getting Miles, SM: R, and The Pathless digitally, and I wanted something to play on my PS5 while I wait for those to download.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
My PlayStation 5 Launch Lineup is decided. I'm Stoked. I'm going to get / play the following:

PlayStation 5
PlayStation 5 Digital Edition (Which I might sell to a friend)

Accessories:
Dualsense
Charging Stand

PS5 Games:
Spider-Man Miles Morales
Sackboy: A Big Adventure
Demon's Souls
Destruction All-Stars
Godfall
Bugsnax
(Pre-ordered every game except for Bugsnax :P)

PS4 Games through BC:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Marvel's Avengers (I realize there'll be a next-gen upgrade in 2021)
Spiritfarer
Middle Earth: Shadow of War
Resident Evil 3

For the launch, I've taken two days of work which means I have 5 days dedicated to the PS5 launch, and I've also gotten an OK to use my work office for gaming in case the TV at home is being used by my partner. Can't wait for this one!!!!!!! All I need to buy aside from the above is an extra SSD as I'll fill the PS5 at launch lol

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Because the streaming box landscape is littered with boxes that don't provide every app? And streaming is obviously a feature they are promoting, per the blog today? So like, why half ass the announcement?

Like, I just want to be clear, I'm not saying Sony needs to do this to sell systems, they don't. But I also don't understand why asking for them to describe the services their system provides in detail - or at least communicate clearly - is something you have a problem with.

I would like this information. It is not difficult or controversial. Not providing these details is not some galaxy brain master marketing plan. It's just baffling.
Wait. How was the blogpost not clear?
Hi, everybody! We know that for many of you, your PlayStation console doesn't get shut off when you're done playing games. Entertainment like movies, TV shows, music, and gaming livestreams only add to the PlayStation experience. As we continue on our road to PS5 launch, we're pleased to announce some of the entertainment apps* scheduled to hit the PS5 console on day one, with more apps to come in the future.
Proceeds to list some apps with details and some w/o.
seems fine? halfass? what details?

I'm hoping youtube music works with the youtube app, got all my fav playlists on it.

Oct 14, 2019
I absolutely love the winter setting for this game. It's kind of funny that, despite having dozens of Spider-Man games set in New York, I don't think a single developer ever decided to, like, set it during a different time of year, to give it some bit of differentiation from the many others that just recycled the same map over and over again, with very little changes. Just because the series is set in a single location, doesn't mean that you have to adhere to the same visual interpretation of the setting. At the very least, the seasonal change for MM adds a little more character to what is, basically just a backdrop for your swinging and crime-fighting antics.

Completely agree! I've always loved winter settings in...well, anything. Even if it's a simple re-theming of the existing map with snow, holiday decorations, etc it still makes me want to explore it all again. That's not even considering the newly expanded areas such as Harlem, interiors, etc.

I think it's partly because a few years back I moved to Singapore and coming from the UK/Finland, it's really strange having only one season (Summer) for the entire year. I miss the darkness and the cold, so this will be my escapism this winter!

Heropon_

Oct 31, 2017
My issue with using a console as a streaming box is that my console's HDMI inputs on TV are setup for low input lag, which means no motion improvement features.
I guess I can't do anything about this, except modify the input settings when switching from games to media, right ?

However if I can use the media apps in PiP mode, PS5 might be the first console I really use for media.
This is the thing I want to know most about media on PS5. PiP would be amazing for media apps.

Jan 2, 2018
I know that Spider-Man Miles Morales supports free upgrade from PS4 to PS5 but my question is if I pre order the Ultimate Edition will I also get the PS4 version? Of MM of course ,not the remaster.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, Dualsense impressions today via Austin Evans (sigh), do we expect this to be general from multiple outlets then?

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Completely agree! I've always loved winter settings in...well, anything. Even if it's a simple re-theming of the existing map with snow, holiday decorations, etc it still makes me want to explore it all again. That's not even considering the newly expanded areas such as Harlem, interiors, etc.

I think it's partly because a few years back I moved to Singapore and coming from the UK/Finland, it's really strange having only one season (Summer) for the entire year. I miss the darkness and the cold, so this will be my escapism this winter!

Yeah, exactly! The costume party in Spider-Man PS4 is another example of the type of visual character that would be fun to see in a game like this. Like, when I think of this winter setting, you can do so much visually to make it feel fresh and new, even though you were literally just swinging around this same city a game ago. Things like holiday lights and decorations give the city a subtle life to it. Then I think of other seasons, like the fall, and Halloween, and have images in my head of varioud boroughs decked out in pumpkin carvings and haunted houses, and yellow and orange and black lights strung across buildings and houses, citizens walking around in costumes, etc.

I also really like what Insomniac is doing with the visual design and language of Miles Morales. Aside from his awesome animations that ooze character, the color palette they're using offsets the white of winter really nicely. I'm loving the purples and blues, and bright neon lights (in particular with the Tinkerer's crew), and it further sets it apart from the first game visually. It has its own identity. Even the HUD and UI, while familiar, is smartly designed around expressing Miles and his world as not just Peter Parker 2.0. I can't wait for the art book. I have the Art book for the first game, as well as the Into the Spider-Verse art book, and they are both gorgeous! I've been studying the Spider-Verse one especially, and it's so good. I'm hoping to apply a lot of what I'm learning to my own art design and compositions and visual storytelling for my next graphic novel! I already pre-ordered the art book for Miles Morales too!

Tennis

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. Contents:
  • PlayStation 5 Console
  • Wireless controller
  • 825 GB SSD
  • HDMI Cable
  • AC power cord
  • USB cable
  • Instruction Manual
  • Astro's Playroom (Pre-installed game. console may need to be updated to the latest system software version. Internet connection required.)

Thank you, although the wording here does not imply that the cable is 2.1 specifically and it makes me worried :P.

Jade1962

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.