• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Even if said BC titles aren't optimized later on, I doubt anyone is going to be crying about 1 second or more so loading times for old PS4 titles when your next gen games that will be releasing for the entire gen will be optimized for said SSD and its architecture.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if said BC titles aren't optimized later on, I doubt anyone is going to be crying about 1 second or more so loading times for old PS4 titles when your next gen games that will be releasing for the entire gen will be optimized for said SSD and its architecture.
Yep. It's not that hard to understand this ;)

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Only BC talk should be about future patches and/or Sony starting a PS3-PS2-PS1 BC program.

It is never too late Sony... I'll keep on waiting.👀

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Miles looks phenomenal with that RT, damn.

Seems like both MS and Sony delivered with their next gen consoles, the future looks bright.

My immense backlog of PS4 games redeemed itself, thanks to the fantastic BC performance of the PS5 ;)
I hope we'll get some in depth PSVR BC videos in the next couple of weeks.

Do we know anything about the media player on the PS5? Does it even exist?

KatharsisT

Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Not cool
Miles looks phenomenal with that RT, damn.

Seems like both MS and Sony delivered with their next gen consoles, the future looks bright.

My immense backlog of PS4 games redeemed itself, thanks to the fantastic BC performance of the PS5 ;)
I hope we'll get some in depth PSVR BC videos in the next couple of weeks.
Just remember that it's just the beginning. You're not ready for Horizon and God of War sequels.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I really can't wait until next week. Ready to jump into Astro's, Miles and Demon's.

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
PS5 seems to be the perfect next gen console going by the gloating reviews.

SM:MM and Astrobot got great reviews, too. And I'm sure it'll be the same for DS and Sackboy.

The perfect info blow out. And it seems there is still stuff to reveal by Sony in the next week.

There are some minor things that I personally don't really care about but sure are a bummer for some. But I'm sure that stuff will get fixed/added really soon after launch.

Leonine

Sep 19, 2020
Yep.
In the IGN video even stuff like spidey was much faster .
Same for some other Sony first party stuff but 3rd party will be 3rd party .
The DF video for Spider-Man pretty much shows you what's possible, it's absolutely insane. I'm going to laugh if it turns out as I suspect that there's a bottleneck happening somewhere in the pipeline or they're deliberately throttling the SSD for BC reasons on PS4 titles.

Nothing else makes sense when Demon's Souls and Miles are running the way they are.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
See for the UI when you scroll on icons that aren't games like the library, remote play, etc... it has a wave drawing image but in that, on what I think is a dev UI unit leak we saw for at least the image that is the backdrop for the library screen have said image be dynamic and moving

So I wonder in a future patch they will make it also move around?

Would that slow down the UI? Is it worth it? I don't think it is, don't really care if it moves or not and I don't think it would really slow it down either.

OneEyedJuliet

Jan 20, 2020
Overwhelmed by so much info today, but very happy 🤗

The DF review has convinced me to play Miles Morales on fidelity mode. Gimme all the ray traced goodies! 💕

Aufdeel

Apr 5, 2020
So glad to see the first games reviewing well, and specially Astrobot receiving so much attention since the embargo lifted up with DualSense

Shemhazai

Aug 13, 2020
Then you're a troll, because you would know I'm a big PS fan if you partook in this thread. I'm venting on the community I'm a part of because I'm disappointed.
I'm not a troll. You literally stated, on three separate occasions in this very thread, that you were disappointed. Once is fine, it's your opinion. Twice is like, okay maybe you're just really upset for whatever reason. There is zero reason that you should need to repeat yourself three times other than fishing for reactions from people.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Be warned that Astro's Playroom references have spoiler images on Twitter.

Maybe even an image on what the 5th level actually is as well.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a troll. You literally stated, on three separate occasions in this very thread, that you were disappointed. Once is fine, it's your opinion. Twice is like, okay maybe you're just really upset for whatever reason. There is zero reason that you should need to repeat yourself three times other than fishing for reactions from people.
No, I would like to discuss it with people.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
I will say though, the lack of folders of all things takes me back to the PS4 launch.

They legit started from a barebones UI again, lmao

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone covered BC load times with an external SSD? Thinking of going with that strategy but it would be nice to know if there any advantage with going with a 10Gbps drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.