RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
That bundle is gooood value.

Will check over the PSN store. I don't need more games buuuuuuut.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping for a deal on Blood & Truth. Good price on VR bundles but nothing on VR games. Will probably buy Days Gone.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Would have jumped on that Pro deal had they not said anything about the PS5.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Says in the blog post that it's $20.

And if course the Days Gone haters are here, right on cue.
It's a highly mediocre experience, and I say this as someone who got the Platinum for it (and was super hyped prior to launch). Days Gone has weak gunplay, awful mission design, a dull world, unremarkable characters (save for a couple), generic bandit camps and other tired open world activities, boring forced stealth missions, and the game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

All that, and for the big cherry on top, let's acknowledge the deceptive marketing. Freaker hordes, the main reason to buy the game, are mainly an endgame thing, not something you'll be doing frequently. You have to endure quite the slog just to get to the reason you purchased the game.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Days Gone is bad at any price. But I will be picking up a couple new Dualshock 4s. Should get me through until PS5 launches.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will extend to the Plus sales. When do you think those will drop?

Oct 25, 2017
It's a highly mediocre experience, and I say this as someone who got the Platinum for it, plus was super hyped prior to launch. Days Gone has weak gunplay, awful mission design, a dull world, unremarkable characters (save for a couple), generic bandit camps and other tired open world activities, boring forced stealth missions, and the game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

All that, and for the big cherry on top, let's acknowledge the deceptive marketing. Freaker hordes, the main reason to buy the game, are mainly an endgame thing, not something you'll be doing frequently. You have to endure quite the slog just to get to the reason you purchased the game.
Deceptive marketing? Every horde they showed was in the game? Here y'all go man lol

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy Days Gone for 20.

And I want another controller. Can finally play some 2 player games with my cousin.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Days Gone might be the most underwhelming Sony exclusive in years. Save your money, folks.
I'm playing it currently and having fun.
Definitely feels been there done that, but if you want a Far Cry style game in a Walking Dead story, it certainly does the job well.
Driving the bike and fighting hordes of zombies are a high point.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Deceptive marketing? Every horde they showed was in the game? Here y'all go man lol
The marketing implied that they'd be a more focal point than they actually were, though. You're not fighting hordes here and there in the main story, you'll just fight maybe one or two when all is said and done. Like I said, endgame activity (after like 50 hours of generic fetch quests, bandit camp clearing, and stealth missions).

The big sawmill encounter is one of the only major setpieces of the game, too. You'd expect more of the hordes to be situated within unique areas and environments, but they're not. Many of them are just hanging out in a cave, then you lure them out and kite them around an empty field.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
That $199 deal is exactly what the PS4 needs this late in its life cycle.

Yes. Let's see how much life is still in it these days!

For reference, last year PS4 sales in November was 1.470K, followed by 797K in December (please take into account that last year Cyber Monday sales were included in November sales).

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
No mention of the PS store digital deals yet though.

RESONANCE OF FATE 4K/HD EDITION

Sub $20 please, for once, just once put this on sale for more than $5 off...

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
That 199 deal is gonna be absolutely bonkers. Jeez what a steal for late comers.

No kidding. 3 solid games, and a 1TB system. Plus with the other games that'll be on sale (Persona 5 is apparently $10 at Best Buy for example) you can build up a nice library on the cheap. This bundle is going to do well IMO.

Taht said, disappointed at the $45 (it looks like) price for PS+. It was $40 last year. Seeing as that's one of the few things I'm actually set on buying this year, hopefully it does go to $40.

The marketing implied that they'd be a more focal point than they actually were, though. You're not fighting hordes here and there in the main story, you'll just fight maybe one or two when all is said and done. Like I said, endgame activity (after like 50 hours of generic fetch quests, bandit camp clearing, and stealth missions).

The big sawmill encounter is one of the only major setpieces of the game, too. You'd expect more of the hordes to be situated within unique areas and environments, but they're not. Many of them are just hanging out in a cave, then you lure them out and kite them around an empty field.

Wait - seriously? This is really disappointing...

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
It's a highly mediocre experience, and I say this as someone who got the Platinum for it (and was super hyped prior to launch). Days Gone has weak gunplay, awful mission design, a dull world, unremarkable characters (save for a couple), generic bandit camps and other tired open world activities, boring forced stealth missions, and the game is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

How y'all be hate playing these games for dozens of hours?