Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
Mask wearing is here to stay and glad it has been normalized in the states...I see myself wearing one in public for the rest of my life now...

You do you but masks are certainly not normalized in the states. I did a road trip through the south a few weeks ago and they are already the exception.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Mask wearing is here to stay and glad it has been normalized in the states...I see myself wearing one in public for the rest of my life now...
That's cool and more power to you but I'm stopping as soon as I can. It's terribly depressing never seeing people's faces, difficult to communicate, and makes life very impersonal to me. I hate them with a passion.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City

How the hell has it been normalized in the US? I live outside of Seattle and see so many people still not wearing masks, anytime I leave my apartment I walk past like 4-5 residents not wearing masks just to get to my damn car or take the trash out. It got to the point I bought a portable washing machine and drying rack so I can do the laundry in my bathroom instead of using the shared laundry rooms in my apartment complex because people will walking into those closed rooms without masks on.

All these clowns not wearing masks while the pandemic is going on in a supposedly "blue" area, I don't imagine I will see anyone wearing masks by the end of the year.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is even more reason to strip away the patents.

Reason why it's difficult to put one's trust into what they say until they lose the patents Or who really knows, if people are expected to take a shot each year for one's own health then make sure that companies can make it

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
That's cool and more power to you but I'm stopping as soon as I can. It's terribly depressing never seeing people's faces, difficult to communicate, and makes life very impersonal to me. I hate them with a passion.

I hate getting sick more tbh. It's not like I am talking to strangers while outside anyway.

Didn't SARS-1 sufferers had immunity for over 10 years? I feel like there's more to research when it comes to long lasting immunity. COVID isn't close to be as unstable as the flu is.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I'm about to get my 2nd at the beginning of next month and seeing how I feel, but several coworkers or family members of co workers said they got wrecked by shot 2 for at least a day, some more than that vs almost nothing from shot 1

I'll get it as needed, but having to plan on taking a day or two off every year for it would definitely suck and shouldn't be downplayed if that becomes a thing.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
I hate getting sick more tbh. It's not like I am talking to strangers while outside anyway.

Didn't SARS-1 sufferers had immunity for over 10 years? I feel like there's more to research when it comes to long lasting immunity.
I rarely get sick and I talk to people all the time. Just reading people's micro expressions is something I greatly enjoy.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Combine the COVID and Flu shots for just one big vaccine. Or we can train the Pharmacists to dual wield vaccines and go a shot in each arm.

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
Mask wearing is also anti social, unnecessary and promotes fear.

It should stop when no longer needed

This "well it'll prevent illness, why not?" people need to better conceptualize risk and not normalize unnecessary neurotic behavior for the wider public.

Lol at promotes fear. Entire modern cultures have already normalized mask wearing during certain seasons.

Just quit crossing the street because you see a human in a mask. Get a grip!

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, expected something like this.

After a year of the pandemic, I think I have adjusted myself to avoid all kinds of mass gatherings/crowds/enclosed spaces, so if I have to take a yearly shot, use a mask at all times when I'm buying groceries and doing vital stuff outside and only take it off if I'm with people I'm familiar with, I think I can live with that amount of risk.

But concerts, weddings, museums, going to a stadium? Think I'm gonna skip all of that and stay home instead, I can do with small gatherings and social distancing from now on. Better safe than sorry, after all.

TorianElecdra

Feb 25, 2020
Mask wearing is also anti social, unnecessary and promotes fear.

It should stop when no longer needed

This "well it'll prevent illness, why not?" people need to better conceptualize risk and not normalize unnecessary neurotic behavior for the wider public.

Stop washing your hands before eating people, it's neuroticism and induces fear! Same with condoms, they are antisocial and hinder intimacy, do away with them!

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Eh, it is what it is. Still looking forward to getting the shot next week.

Can they at least team up with someone to add cool bonus content? Like the Tifa/Butterfingers DLC.

Lebon30

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Imo, that's where single-doser vaccines will shine best. The recurring ones.
Not saying Pfizer and Moderna will be bad vaccines to get in the future though.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
it's not normalized, never will be

no one wears one unless they are forced to wear one like entering a shop where they police it or something. it comes off as soon as people leave the building. and this is the north east, the most law abiding liberal part of the US

....and if you go to the south, well

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
it's not normalized, never will be

no one wears one unless they are forced to wear one like entering a shop where they police it or something. it comes off as soon as people leave the building. and this is the north east, the most law abiding liberal part of the US

....and if you go to the south, well

And that's exactly why we have so many deaths a year later.

If that's how people want to live every year from now, be my guest. But "normal" won't come back because we wish hard enough.

Last edited:

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
Imo, that's where single-doser vaccines will shine best. The recurring ones.
Not saying Pfizer and Moderna will be bad vaccines to get in the future though.
?
Boosters would be one dose for everyone of the vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna only need the second dose to increase efficiency and set up for long time, afterwards, the booster acts to remind your body about it (hence you only need one at that time). You dont need to go through the full vaccination again.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, I'm not surprised with how we already have variants of the virus spreading even faster now.

It sucks but not unexpected.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
Masks are mostly to protect others, not yourself.
I'm vaccinated and will get the yearly boosters if that's what is needed. I'm not wearing a mask the rest of my life so I might prevent a few people from getting a cold. Call that insensitive or selfish because it is at some level but don't be surprised if the vast vast majority of people feel like I do.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm vaccinated and will get the yearly boosters if that's what is needed. I'm not wearing a mask the rest of my life so I might prevent a few people from getting a cold. Call that insensitive or selfish because it is at some level but don't be surprised if the vast vast majority of people feel like I do.
I'm not going to wear one unnecessarily either but even though you've been vaccinated you can still be a carrier and transmitter.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't mind getting a hundreds shots, but I do wonder if we're ever killing this thing.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
can only hope they look into the new strains and work on getting these boosters shots to also work with those as well.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Anecdotal but I volunteered at a vaccine POD and was stationed at the actual injection tent with 2 nurses who asked every person if they'd had any other vaccinations in the prior 2 weeks. I'd imagine you might have to spread them out but I'm obviously not a medical professional.

i got bit by my cat a week after I got the shot and it's been 9 years since I had a tetanus shot. My doctor decided to forego giving me a tetanus shot cause it was so soon after the covid shot and I was at least within 10 years of having a shot (from what I understand if you get punctured/ bit After 5 years of getting a tetanus shot they usually like to give you another just to be safe).

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Well i guess it's a good thing we're buying another 1.8 billion doses for 2022/23

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They need to get the fucking messaging on these shits correct because this along with the J&J pause is doing nothing but giving people reason to "fear" the vaccine.
There has been no messaging that contradicts potentially needing a yearly booster. Every long form interview with a CDC rep says we don't know, but a yearly booster is possible.

I've personally heard Fauci say as much.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been saying this isn't something that just goes away. We'll be getting boosters and possibly new vaccines for the rest of our lives.

focusedmaple

Oct 27, 2017
It was always going to be this way. This isn't going to go away until enough people everywhere are vaccinated for long enough and for all the variants. Only after we reduce the virus's ability to mutate will we see a reduction in the necessity of protection.

"Normal" changes all the time. We will adapt.

Oh, and fuck off with big pharma bullshit conspiracy theories. That sort of "information" is the online equivalent of refusing to wear a mask in public. It's dangerous and uninformed.

Boondocks

Nov 30, 2020
NE Georgia USA
Moderna CEO Says There Could Be a Big Difference in Your Next Vaccine
The rollout of vaccines across the U.S. continues to speed up, with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data showing that nearly 50 percent of the national population above the age of 18 has received at least one shot. While the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines have both shown to be effective for at least half a year after they're administered, most experts agree that booster shots will be required for each to keep the public protected. Now, according to a recent interview with CNBC, Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel says that the next COVID vaccine shot you get could have one big difference. Read on to see what this next dose could do, and for more immunization information, check out Dr. Fauci Says This Is How You Can Catch COVID Even If You're Vaccinated.

He revealed that following a Sept. 2o2o announcement that the company was developing its own seasonal flu vaccine, boosters in the future might be able to save you an extra trip to the pharmacy.

"What we're trying to do at Moderna actually is try to get a flu vaccine in the clinic this year and then combine our flu vaccine to our COVID vaccine, so you only have to get one boost at your local CVS store … every year that would protect you to the variant of concern against COVID and the seasonal flu strain," Bancel said.

bestlifeonline.com

Moderna CEO Says There Could Be a Big Difference in Your Next Vaccine

Moderna CEO Stéphane Bancel says that the next COVID vaccine booster shot you get could have one big difference.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The idea is that if we can get enough people vaccinated, like Polio, then the disease would have no place to stand/grow and we could avoid constantly having to get shots. But since there won't be enough people getting vaccinated we'll never come close to a genuine herd immunity sooo... guess we're just going to keep getting boosters!

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Expected. The US is too Republican to get the virus under control, it's going to be an annual thing we live with for the foreseeable future.