ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's foolish to try and cast a tv show/movie based on another property by trying to get lookalikes for every role. I also hope people don't anticipate a 1:1 retelling of these already existing stories.

All these people are professionals and great at their craft. Let them make something that stands on its own. There is a lot of potential here with the parties involved.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Having just seen A Star is Born for the first time like 2 weeks ago, didn't think about then but Bradley Coopers character could've made a great Joel. Those characters are very similar but getting a megastar like Cooper would've been tough

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I will be shocked if they follow the show and do a Season 2 time jump. Season 1 may follow reasonably close to the first game but I think they will be doing 90% new material by S2.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's foolish to try and cast a tv show/movie based on another property by trying to get lookalikes for every role. I also hope people don't anticipate a 1:1 retelling of these already existing stories.

All these people are professionals and great at their craft. Let them make something that stands on its own. There is a lot of potential here with the parties involved.

It's not about lookalikes for me, it's about whether they can express the same personality traits of the characters.

People kept saying Hugh Jackman would be a good fit but I don't see it. He looks the part but I've never seen him play any sort of similar character or show off the range that I think he would be capable of doing it.

That said there are at least 2 actors I think could both look the part and act the part; Josh Brolin (probably too expensive) or Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels lead.) Both of them have basically already played similar characters to Joel, personality-wise.

Still looks are secondary, acting capability is first.

Jan 20, 2019
It's not about lookalikes for me, it's about whether they can express the same personality traits of the characters.

People kept saying Hugh Jackman would be a good fit but I don't see it. He looks the part but I've never seen him play any sort of similar character or show off the range that I think he would be capable of doing it.

That said there are at least 2 actors I think could both look the part and act the part; Josh Brolin (probably too expensive) or Anson Mount (Hell on Wheels lead.) Both of them have basically already played similar characters to Joel, personality-wise.

In logan he looks exactly like Joel.

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation

Watch Prisioners.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As a teaser thing, they should have Pedro and Bella re-enact the Farm House scene. I think that if they can pull that off, it would dispel any worries. Not that I'm personally worried.

Personally I just want to see it done cause that scene is one of my favorites.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how many seasons we can get off this. I fully understand them going for younger actors.

Jackman is great IMO, but I think he is a little older than what they need.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Oscar Isaacs

Et6tEpIWYAAYw62
if we get away with these two castings...
Please God, ive been a good boy

ArchLector

Apr 10, 2020
As a teaser thing, they should have Pedro and Bella re-enact the Farm House scene. I think that if they can pull that off, it would dispel any worries. Not that I'm personally worried.

I am sure they had auditions of some sort like all casting does. Troy and Ashley's audition involved the car scene, so maybe they used that again. They obviously don't need to do this publicly, the 'internet' will anyway never be satisfied.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Jackman would have been too on the nose. I'm really on board with spicing the casting up. Pascal is a good choice.

Yeah I agree tbh. And I even wanted Brolin in the role initially lol.

Going back to the topic of who could play Tommy (I love Tommy if that wasn't clear before):

Tony Dalton? (Lalo from Better Call Saul)

I apologize in advance if there is some ethnicity incongruities between the two that I am dumb and unaware of lol (I do know Tony isn't Chilean).

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
some people are way too hung up on looks. Even if the tv show Joel has no facial hair, so what? It doesn't really make a difference, lol

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

yes, as a teaser they should reenact one of the most emotional moments in the game.
wtf? why spoil it like that?

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After watching Prospect as many have recommended in here. I wouldn't have minded them just casting both of them (Pedro and Sophie Thatcher).

Casting for this show seems legit. But more broadly... do we really need a tv series for TLOU?
I mean the zombie post apocalyptic thing is kind of dead at the moment, with the walking dead main ending & it's spin offs ranging from mediocre to trash and than there's the rick movie that is still stuck in limbo. I'm sure that audience is definitely interested in a new thing that has quality behind it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
yes, as a teaser they should reenact one of the most emotional moments in the game.
wtf? why spoil it like that?

I don't know, I just want to see it.

Anyway... I am really really dreading the day that cast Abby. They said Part 2 stuff would be integrated into this. You just know a certain crowd is going to lose their shit and harass the actress...

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Isn't he the actor who could barely get through the sperm part of a Community zoom reading?