• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Wouldn't it be a MS game now? The IP is (or was) owned by Obsidian and not Private Division, so I assume MS must have worked out a deal with Take Two, specially since the game wasn't announced yet. I'll be really glad if I'm proven wrong though.

Generally contracts and previous commitments still will be in place. Like when Lionhead was bought by Microsoft, they finished The Movies expansion pack for Activision.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Wouldn't it be a MS game now? The IP is (or was) owned by Obsidian and not Private Division, so I assume MS must have worked out a deal with Take Two, specially since the game wasn't announced yet. I'll be really glad if I'm proven wrong though.

TakeTwo has responsed by now:

I'd imagine this game is still theirs or at least theirs to publish, where as the IP will belong to Obsidian/Microsoft

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I have somehow remained completely oblivious to Tyranny's existence for the past two years, and I am stunned at how this could happen.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just got back from watching Creed 2. It's about as much as you'd expect the movie to be but it was still a fun watch. Some good drama and the boxing matches are great.
Training montages in Rocky movies are as kickass as ever.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't you Austrian? I study in Austria and was able to generate a code.
49586eb7-a39e-4b02-a4d0-c2cfa343abe8.png

Vienna, here. And it seems I'm IP locked.
Could it be a language check? I have English as my OS language, but it's hard to imagine they would make such a silly check.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
49586eb7-a39e-4b02-a4d0-c2cfa343abe8.png

Vienna, here. And it seems I'm IP locked.
Could it be a language check? I have English as my OS language, but it's hard to imagine they would make such a silly check.
Weird. But I'm in Germany at the moment even though I was able to select my Austrian university and I used my Austrian student email.

My OS language is German.

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Wow, Artifact card prices (and their fluctuations) are crazy right now as to be expected of release market. As a pre-order buyer, taking a sharp eye to see what offers the best probability of me recuperating the game cost.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
It will probably be days before the market stabilizes itself in Artifact. The prices will be all over the place at first but in the end everything will balance itself out with the event ticket cost ratio and card pack cost.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
If you have Sennheiser headophones, take note - due to a serious security flaw in their companion software OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

Oh, for headsets, not so much headphones. For a while I was trying to figure out why you'd ever need more than your mobo/soundcard drivers and your OS-level stuff (Windows Sonic is amazing) just to use headphones!? Well I guess I could understand if you were a sound mixer or DJ or audio professional of sorts.

Unless I'm reading the software instructions and stuff wrong from Sennheiser's website it looks to concern just headsets and communication devices.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Weird. But I'm in Germany at the moment even though I was able to select my Austrian university and I used my Austrian student email.

My OS language is German.
So a VPN might work, interesting. Might fire up ProtonVPN to check later.
Of course, I have no interest to buy stuff at the moment. Must get that backlog down a tad.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The cost of a full collection is computed in real-time by a Python script found on Reddit:
  • about $350 at the time of my post.

On average:
  • common cards go for $0.08
  • uncommon cards go for $0.18
  • rare cards go for $2.07
Also:

Last edited:

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
Cards values probably gonna crash soon. Sold all mine and got bit more than what game costs even tho most cards were shitty 4 cent cards.

If you have Sennheiser headophones, take note - due to a serious security flaw in their companion software OMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

and that's why you don't ever install crapware included with hardware.

more seriously, at least mine is so old they don't even have one.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Just got back from watching Creed 2. It's about as much as you'd expect the movie to be but it was still a fun watch. Some good drama and the boxing matches are great.
Training montages in Rocky movies are as kickass as ever.

Seeing it next week. Shame there isn't a video game adaptation, where when you die in the ring, an image of Dolph's son appears and says "If he dies, he still dies..."

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
If I had any money and still gave a shit about life, I would've bought Artifact, wrote a negative review saying "Fuck you Valve, where's Half Life 3" and then refund it. hopefully there's still a couple of HF fans that feel the same way....

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
D7sTtCN.png

Kingpin: Life of Crime
- Spacejaws

Perpetually on sale, Kingpin is an interesting little late 90s Quake II engine FPS. You are beaten up by the Kingpin's lieutenant leading you on a quest for revenge. There's a bunch of interesting mechanics at play for it's age, we have shots on different body parts doing variable damage, enemies leaving bloodtrails, conservable NPC's, a cash system and enough gore and profanity to cause some controversy on release. The game takes place in a different kind of history, a mesh between 1930s and a downtrodden modern day dystopia where the Kingpin rules all.

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • Gabbo
  • Rickenslacker

xM8izhq.png

Hitman - Uzzy
Hitman: Complete the 'Terminal Velocity Assassination Challenge' in Paris.

Continuing with the 'jumping from really tall heights' theme, why don't you give Dalia Margolis a nudge and see where she lands?

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • SpectrumWarrior
  • Parsnip
  • sixclaws
  • fuzzylogic
  • Dakath
  • SteveWinwood

OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
PC Gaming Era | DECEMBER Recommendations

Send a PM on ResetEra of any games you think that are worth watching out for.[/B]

Monthly Recommendations

Monthly Retro Recommendation (1)

Monthly Challenge Recommendation (1)

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Updated cost

The cost of a full collection is currently about $190 (it was $350 an hour and a half ago).

On average:
  • common: $0.07
  • uncommon: $0.13
  • rare: $1

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
The best thing about Artifact is the translation of the hero names. I did not realize how ridiculous they sound for English speakers.
  • Crystal Maiden becomes "Virgin of Crystal".
  • Axe becomes "Jigsaw Operator".
  • Bristleback sounds like a Pokemon
    OQufpFt.png
For non-native English speakers, everything sounds way cooler in English.

The second best thing is the comic.

Last edited:

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Between the Game Awards and the Kinda Funny showcase there's going to be a ton of announcements next week. Can't wait.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I can't wait until my hard drive comes in tomorrow so I can actually download stuff to play. These 50+ gb games have become an issue.

I just set up my vr headset and have been driving around in ATS. It's kinda ridiculous. It's the little things that get me, like various light sources bouncing around the cabin, or rain hitting my windshield. I accidentally turned off my headlights at night and thought I was going to die. I can't wait for ETS to get the most recent update for VR so I can drive around Italia and France.

Status
Not open for further replies.