Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
KNAJN4J.png

EfSbeZ4.png

2B0QzXu.png

eMOJz6n.png

HITMAN 2 - Derrick01

Sequel to one of the best games of 2016 and one of the best stealth games of all time. Agent 47 returns in 6 new levels that are available all at once this time instead of episodic. As a bonus if you have season 1 the levels are brought over into 2 and you're able to use 2's improvements and gadgets in them like guards being able to see you in mirrors.

Artifact - Hektor
Just like your waifu, this game isn't real, as valve long ago ceased the act of creating videogames.
And even if valve would still make games, a multiplayer card game wouldn't count.
No matter if it's based on Dota 2's unique, lane- and hero based gameplay structure or created by Richard Garfield, developer of classics such as Magic: The Gathering or Netrunner.

But if Valve actually would make games again - not saying they do - I'd imagine it would be a rather polished and fun game poised to blow up on steam!
Doubly so if it competes with other card games games such as MTG:A or Hearthstone not just on gameplay, but also on monetization structure, as the game might get rid of typical F2P shackles and be Pay-To-Play only.
Original_hat_joke.jpg

The Shapeshifting Detective
- NeuralProxy
The Shapeshifting Detective - An interesting FMV adventure from the makers of "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker", this time you have to turn into a detective and solve a murder. To do that, you shall shapeshift into different characters in order to gain access to secret dialogues and find out what they're hiding. In "Cluedo-like" fashion, each time you start a new game, the system will randomly select the murderer so you'll probably be able to play the game more than once.

11-11 Memories Retold
- NeuralProxy

11-11 Memories Retold - From the creators of Valiant Hearts and published by Bandai Namco, the game will bring us once again back to the front line of WW1, this time to witness its last days through the stories of two different characters, a Canadian photographer and a German technician, who'll both reach the western front on November 11, 1916. The game promises to touch many important themes such as patriotism, humanity and the concept of enemy itself.

Glass Masquerade 2 - NeuralProxy
Glass Masquerade 2 - We are once again invited to the great world expo of glass artisans. This time, like last time, we'll have to put their works back together piece after piece in a game that can be both relaxing and very charming.

Darksiders 3 - Spacejaws
Earth is now overrun by the Seven Deadly Sins and the mystical creatures and degenerated beings that serve them. The Charred Council calls upon Fury to battle from the heights of heaven down through the depths of hell in a quest to restore the balance and prove that she is the most powerful of the Horsemen.
The hack n slash, ARPG, series gets it's triumphant return, continuing it's emphasis on OTT combat and exploration with a story that runs parallel to the previous titles.

GRIP: Combat Racing - delalaser
GRIP is a high octane, hardcore combat racer, packing ferocious speed and armed to the teeth with heavy weapons." Spiritual successor to Rollcage by some of the original team. They're not kidding about it being hardcore. This game is fast and takes skills. It's been in EA for a minute and it looked and played good then. High hopes for Carkour mode.

Farming Simulator 19 - Aaron D.
Farming Simulator 19 takes the biggest step forward yet with the franchise's most extensive vehicle roster ever! You'll take control of vehicles and machines faithfully recreated from all the leading brands in the industry, including for the first time John Deere, the largest agriculture machinery company in the world, Case IH, New Holland, Challenger, Fendt, Massey Ferguson, Valtra, Krone, Deutz-Fahr and many more.

D7sTtCN.png

Kingpin: Life of Crime
- Spacejaws

Perpetually on sale, Kingpin is an interesting little late 90s Quake II engine FPS. You are beaten up by the Kingpin's lieutenant leading you on a quest for revenge. There's a bunch of interesting mechanics at play for it's age, we have shots on different body parts doing variable damage, enemies leaving bloodtrails, conservable NPC's, a cash system and enough gore and profanity to cause some controversy on release. The game takes place in a different kind of history, a mesh between 1930s and a downtrodden modern day dystopia where the Kingpin rules all.

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • Gabbo
  • Rickenslacker

xM8izhq.png

Hitman - Uzzy
Hitman: Complete the 'Terminal Velocity Assassination Challenge' in Paris.

Continuing with the 'jumping from really tall heights' theme, why don't you give Dalia Margolis a nudge and see where she lands?

List of people who have completed it (send me a PM if completed!):
  • SpectrumWarrior
  • Parsnip
  • sixclaws
  • fuzzylogic
  • Dakath
  • SteveWinwood
zIlAMZZ.png

• Notice a poster that is obnoxious or harmful to the thread? REPORT THEM.
  • Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your game stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • NO ANIME / J- ROCK/POP.

xOQEs5n.png

tGKe2ZK.png

The SteamERA Community was founded on Discord on October 2017, a stranded bunch of SteamGAF who united together and embraced on what we thought was the end of times. However as more people joined we found hope and soon started to formulate and plan for the future. This thread would not be possible without the community we have on Discord and I encourage all of you to join if you have not.

You can join this amazing community on Discord with this hidden link that you need to quote:

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MRORANGE

MRORANGE

Nice thread btw :)
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think that is everything, give a shout if I have missed something out or a recommendation is missed out!

In othernews I finally upgraded from my iPhone 5 to an XR - it's a godsend.

HuwtUFg.png

Enjoy your month!

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whoever doesn't buy hitman 2 in here will be judged immensely.

It's also like $35 on cdkeys so really there's no reason not to try it. Should probably be prepared to free up 100+gb too because it has all of season 1's levels and a lot of its content and that game alone is about 60-70gb.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Good thing that there isn't anything that interest me in the horizon.

Sorry folks, I'll be away from PC gaming for the next 2 months or so. Gotta finish my 2018 console games backlog.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Excited for Hitman S2
I just started playing Hitman S1 from the humble bundle
such a great game

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making the new thread! Can't wait to play Hitman 2. Definitely my highlight of the year.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Witch's House MV (which is good), and I need to write my thoughts on Lost in Vivo before it hits on Steam on November 5th as that was very, very good too (played it from itch.io).

I have a game coming out later this month titled, "Close Your Eyes -Anniversary Remake-", I'll post about it here a couple more times before it hits.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I'm playing SHENZHEN IO and I'm 10 seconds away from getting a binder and printing out this manual.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try for that King Pin completion. Game has been in my wishlist for so long but never pulled the trigger. Not buying anything this sale except Heat Signature so maybe I'll grab KP as well and try to complete it.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hitman 2 and Darksiders 3 will be added to my wishlist.

I'm buying DOS:2 on the current steam sale, that's all I need for the rest of the year.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Feb 25, 2018
I remember when GMG had a price error for Hitman 2 and was selling copies for about $25 each and the Gold Edition one was under $50 USD

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
But what's the point of november if they will not announce Diablo 4 and I will not be able to afford Hitman 2.

What's the point.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
But what's the point of november if they will not announce Diablo 4 and I will not be able to afford Hitman 2.

What's the point.

they will announce D4, the recent statement was smoke and mirrors!

well, they will show like a D4 logo at the end of the presentation...still counts!

I'm actually quite looking forward to Blizzcon this year, I actively play 3 of their 5 games atm, and would play 4 if there was a new Diablo.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
The biggest release this month isn't even a video game!

Also, Baldur's Gate turns 20 this month. That deserves a thread I feel.

Adnor

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Baldur's Gate turns 20 this month. That deserves a thread I feel.
It was clearly the best time to start playing DnD.

Now I know I should have prepared more for that session lol, gonna try to do better next time I DM something.
they will announce D4, the recent statement was smoke and mirrors!

well, they will show like a D4 logo at the end of the presentation...still counts!

I'm actually quite looking forward to Blizzcon this year, I actively play 3 of their 5 games atm, and would play 4 if there was a new Diablo.
My philosophy in this kind of thing is "If they say no, it's no unless they say yes later, and if they say nothing it's no".

Still bummed out about getting hyped for Splinter Cell and getting NOTHING this E3. Never again!

Jadax

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Diablo used to be awesome, played it so much. Diablo 3 pretty much killed off the whole story for me - Blizzard being Blizzard knew they fucked up, but didn't do shit till the population pretty much hit rock-bottom. RoS was good, but too little too late. The game is only active for like a week after each new season, and then goes back to being dead.

Hopefully the Diablo team learnt their lesson and doesn't screw-up the next game.

Played WoW, but too big of a time-sink so not playing it anymore. Seems to be heading in the wrong direction anyways (Legion being exception).

Played Hearthstone, but pay-2-win is too much for me to enjoy it casually anymore.

Played Diablo 3, but they killed off the game because of their arrogance - only play a week or so after each new season.

Played HotS - omegalul moba. Doesn't do anything properly in my opinion, was fun in the beginning, but gets boring since the player-pool is much smaller than dota 2 (atleast in my region).

Played starcraft 2, enjoyed it (even though pretty sure everyone thought it was a step down from starcraft). But no replay ability unless you do ladder etc for which I don't have the patience to learn all that.

imo without Overwatch, WoW and Hearthstone Blizzard really has nothing anymore. They screwed up Diablo, starcraft is dead (except in South Korea). Where my single-player games at Blizz!

Last edited:

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Bought Orphan yesterday.

It's a bit more than just Limbo in Space/vs. Aliens. So far it's more avoid the enemies than puzzles and there are light survival elements. The only way to recover health is filling your canteen from a water supply and you have to get out your tent and create a save/respawn point at various intervals. No autosave I can see so far.

The graphics are great with beautiful backgrounds behind the silhouetted main action. Though the controls are not completely explained and there are some strange graphics settings going on. The menu actually has a built-in FPS counter but the game will only let you choose 4 frame rates 20,30, 60 and auto and for some reason, auto is about 32fps. The built-in counter says it can go 250+ but the game won't let you. V-sync on or off makes no difference.

Haven't had a chance to play too much but it looks like a very high-quality product and a very good game.

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Sorry ERA, I'm not buying Hitman 2 because I have too many games to play. At this point, I'm seriously doubt that I'll manage to finish Yakuza 0 and Shadow the Tomb Raider before the end of this year...

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Completely forgot that The Quiet Man is releasing today and it's really cheap. I might pick it up just to see how weird it is.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Sorry ERA, I'm not buying Hitman 2 because I have too many games to play. At this point, I'm seriously doubt that I'll manage to finish Yakuza 0 and Shadow the Tomb Raider before the end of this year...

Ubisoft should pay you for you Odyssey screenshots. I didn't care much about the game before but now I kinda want it because it looks fantastic in your screenshots.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So I finished We Know The Devil

Before I write some more thoughts down, I'd like to say that one of the things I absolutely love about PC Gaming is how open and accessible it is, not just for players but for developers too. We can get these fantastic, unique and new experiences from storytellers wanting to say something about their own experiences, experiences that I, as a white cis-straight dude will never have had. For me, it's one of the best and most vital things about gaming, not just having people who don't look like me being able to share their experiences with the world, but also being able to see these new experiences for myself.

NsW2Qgn.png

We Know The Devil is a short queer visual novel, from Aevee Bee and Mia Schwartz, about three teens, self proclaimed/imposed 'bad people', having to fight off the devil at the end of a christian summer camp. They're all outsiders in a camp full of 'bad people', misfits and troublemakers. You have the meangirl Neptune, the tomboy Jupiter, and shy Venus, all stuck in a cabin in the woods and having to survive the night as the devil comes for one of them.

NAI0Zk0.png

Our cast, Venus, Jupiter and Neptune.
As a visual novel there's not a whole lot of gameplay, but the choices you make are vital regardless. Characters show up on screen and talk to each other, but every so often you have to choose which two go off to do something together, leaving the third isolated. Which is one of the strongest themes throughout the game, the connections forged between the two you choose, and the horrifying consequences for the one left alone. It's a group of kids isolated even amongst their 'friends', told they're 'bad', and isolating them even further and the devil's coming after one of them. The game is full of allegory, especially in the endings, jawdroppingly horrifying in their use of language and the transformative artwork. The music is discordant throughout, leaving you constantly on edge. And the art itself appeared simple at first glance, but I quickly warmed to it, each character coming to life through the subtly expressive designs.

It's a game about something. It's about what happens when you tell a bunch of kids they're bad for being who they are, and the devil's coming for them. It's about the bonds created to try to fit into the rules others impose on them and survive. And

The writing is incredibly strong, with each of the three characters really standing out as their own unique voice. It's witty and sharp and concise enough that after finishing it I instantly replayed it to see the other endings. It's a beautiful, horrifying, wonderful work. I strongly recommend it, especially on a night such as this. I'll be sure to pick up the follow up/spiritual successor Heaven Will Be Mine.

Glad somebody else liked this. I've been recommending it for months to anybody who will consider OEL VN's. Good that you're already lookin' forward to Heaven Will Be Mine, cuz I hyped that one too lol.
==============

In other news, with the Western announcement for Fate/Extella Link XSeed confirms a PC Release. :)

Oct 26, 2017
Belarus
Ubisoft should pay you for you Odyssey screenshots. I didn't care much about the game before but now I kinda want it because it looks fantastic in your screenshots.
Thanks! :) I stopped actively playing it for a few days because I was pissed off that it didn't save my fort clearing progress because I accidentally died right after finishing all tasks, but soon I'll back to playing it. I just hope shit like this won't happen again because no saves during those huge difficult locations are very annoying. I'm not even expecting to finish Odyssey any time soon, this game is simply too big.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Jadax err... thank you for shitting on everything I like I guess?

Im not sure what the point of your post was, its not like I was going "hey guyz you should buy these blizzard games" so it didnt necessarily need a counter argument but ok :p

PaulSane

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but every new thread feels the same to me, no fresh smells or anything like that. But that's a good thing, I'm scared of change :p

Also, was this known already?

Status
Not open for further replies.