Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Oct 25, 2017
Damn BFV only had like 7.5K viewers on Twitch, That's rough.

Its so sad how there is little hype around it. So many battlefield fans were waiting for so many years for the series to return to the WW2 setting. And the game just seems very mediocre and half assed across the board. EA just finds itself in so much bad pr every year. The battelfront2 shit last year hurt V a lot this year. A lot of people probably didn't let that shit go. Plus they announced but didn't launch a battle royale mode with the game. Their competition in the space right now is killing it with BR and they are behind.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I didn't even know it came out. The whole whole Stacked Release seems to not be something they'll do again.
Which a fucking shame since the game is genuinely great and it could become my favorite Battlefield game (gameplay-wise).

But it's just too light on content and there are some annoying bugs (big update next week though). Don't think I'll renew my Premier subscription. I'll give it another try in 3 months or something.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I made an OT for TAW. To this day, it still has zero replies. :(

giphy.gif
pU3uM1r.png
TAG is one of the greats.

OniluapL

Oct 25, 2017
Darksiders III sitting at 7.5k concurrent players right now, and it will probably still go up. That's decent enough, I guess?

Myradeer

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I lurked for months, then had the urge to post and signed up. Approval took over a week, what I didn't expect. I had already prepared the things I wanted to write and when I finally joined they were outdated, but I wanted to to get it out anyway.
So my first post ended up as a complete clusterfuck of quotes of days old stuff; too much, too late, too uncalled for (although I even forgot stuff...) and I think everyone who saw it was like WTF? *click ignore*.
Welp. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was smart and did my best to get in first when ERA was brewing, because I knew from the former site that window for fast processing would rapidly close (I think my application there took three months to be accepted).

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
A 3 huh? If you multiply it by 3, add 3, substract 3 and divide it by 3 you get a 3??? HALF LIFE III CONFIRMED
And if you take the power of 3, and then the cube root of that number, you end up redefining the identify function. Which, incidentally, is about as interesting and useful as tired HL3 jokes.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
Put just under an hour into Darksiders III so far I'd say and so far no real huge issues on my 1070 Max-Q. There was an odd issue I'd not had with anything else at this point, where the game would not run at 1920x1080 without zooming. Had to set W10 Display and Layout to 100% (instead of the recommended 125% I've been using since getting my laptop) to fix that. So switching that on and off will be a slight annoyance, but ok.

Graphically it looks better than I thought it would after seeing some of the Remastered comparisons. Running mostly at high/epic and no crashes. Had to bump shadows up a tick because it was very bright/bloomy with shadows on low.

I even enjoy the Darksoulssiders-ness of it. So far so good!

I was smart and did my best to get in first when ERA was brewing, because I knew from the former site that window for fast processing would rapidly close (I think my application there took three months to be accepted).
It seems to be pretty fast these days acutally, I'm partly to blame myself, I have to admit.
I really didn't know shit when I signed up and was surprised to learn about that approval stuff - never encountered something like that before. Through Google I found a Twitter statement that said "up to 48 hours". It took 1,5 days to get rejected - used a free mail. (As I said: I didn't know shit, never had something like that before.)
So second try and now over a week passed without anything until I wrote a mail. 2 minutes later I was approved. It happened so fast, until today I'm not sure if my mail was even read. :O
I read all those "took months" storys later, but mostly Gaf focused, and it always sounds somewhat strange to me. ^^

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I read all those "took months" storys later, but mostly Gaf focused, and it always sounds somewhat strange to me. ^^
Took me like 2 or 3 months to get approved, or processed more likely, I guesd they had a lenghty manual system in place back then. I heard ShowerLore opened the floodgates after Era, though, to make up for the loss in active users, not that it really made a difference.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way queue up multiple downloads on the Steam client without having to initialize each download?

Got a new laptop (gigidy) and want to drop maybe 20 games onto the hdd.

Kind of a pain to be on constant standby mode waiting for each game to finish.

Amzin

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way queue up multiple downloads on the Steam client without having to initialize each download?

Got a new laptop (gigidy) and want to drop maybe 20 games onto the hdd.

Kind of a pain to be on constant standby mode waiting for each game to finish.

You can use Shift + click or Ctrl + click (probably more useful) to highlight however many you want, then right-click -> Install.

thirtypercent

Oct 18, 2018
Damn BFV only had like 7.5K viewers on Twitch, That's rough.

Getting buried by the RDR2 Online beta. And Artifact.... maybe? No idea how big that'll really be.

Heartwarming to see BFV fall flat on its face just because of that idiotic staggered launch. Bubububut it makes financial sense, the customers want it, release dates are arbitrary anyway, wasn't a delay and so on. Not the only reason of course but again, it's about time EA is reaping the results of all of their shitty decisions. Also see Bethesda. Not that V is nearly as bad as F76, just not nearly good enough to make me forget all the bs surrounding it.

Last edited:

TenaciousD

Banned
Mar 6, 2018
My main disappointment with Darksiders 3 is that it chose to rip off the wrong genre. inb4 Darksiders defense squad, but ripping off another genre or game isn't an inherently bad thing. Just chose the right one.

Take Darksiders 3. It's Darksiders 3, okay, but it's not, imagine it's Bayonetta. Imagine Bayonetta, but with Fury. You've got the whip, you've got the angst / sass, you've got the fluidity, Character action.

Darksiders 2 got so close. There's some high level gameplay on Youtube that could almost fit into a DMC game. They should have ripped off a sick spectacle fighter for Darksiders 3, not Dark Souls.

It's obvious they poured a lot of love into the game. The premise is actually really cool, and the 7 sins, visually, are designed really well. Imagine those as DMC or Platinum bosses. It would have been the shit.

I get that the team is small, and they don't have 200 million dollars this time, but an ~8 hour, highly repayable character action game would have stood out more than yet another Dark Souls ripoff.

arts&crafts

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My main disappointment with Darksiders 3 is that it chose to rip off the wrong genre. inb4 Darksiders defense squad, but ripping off another genre or game isn't an inherently bad thing. Just chose the right one.

Take Darksiders 3. It's Darksiders 3, okay, but it's not, imagine it's Bayonetta. Imagine Bayonetta, but with Fury. You've got the whip, you've got the angst / sass, you've got the fluidity, Character action.

Darksiders 2 got so close. There's some high level gameplay on Youtube that could almost fit into a DMC game. They should have ripped off a sick spectacle fighter for Darksiders 3, not Dark Souls.

It's obvious they poured a lot of love into the game. The premise is actually really cool, and the 7 sins, visually, are designed really well. Imagine those as DMC or Platinum bosses. It would have been the shit.

I get that the team is small, and they don't have 200 million dollars this time, but an ~8 hour, highly repayable character action game would have stood out more than yet another Dark Souls ripoff.

I havent played Darksiders 3 yet but what are the similarities with Darksouls? Because Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2 had nothing in common with Darksouls which is why I enjoyed them.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I havent played Darksiders 3 yet but what are the similarities with Darksouls? Because Darksiders 1 and Darksiders 2 had nothing in common with Darksouls which is why I enjoyed them.

Well your currency is souls

You lose your souls when you die (although there is a way to mitigate that) Edit: you do get your souls back, I didn't realize it, but have since died and gotten my souls back :)

You have to replay certain areas if you die edit: you respawn at the last vulgrim spot.

Combat is not like dark souls.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Girls Und Panzer: Dream Tank Match is getting an updated DX version for Switch. That makes it no longer PS4 exclusive.

... but I'm sad cuz I wanted it on PC. I hate you bandai. ;_; I guess I'm stuck with my PS4 Copy and having to buy the expansion DLC...

Status
Not open for further replies.