Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK

30 minutes of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous gameplay. Or six hours of the turn based mode.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, I just hope they don't prepare for a delisting like the Wii U versions. But that probably won't happen, it's just weird they were on sale so often and now nothing for a few months. Anyway, thanks for your answer!

The Wii U version was published by Nintendo. Nintendo had to pay licensing for both the game itself and the licensed music, and for a platform that had been obsolete for two years. I wouldn't be worried about the Steam version.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Bought the Yakuza bundle, booted up Yakuza 0 in 4K and got mindblown. Might be my memory but this looks a helluva nice compared to when I played it three years ago on the PS.

I'll be sure to double dip on the entire series from now on, plus MHW and Nioh.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
AC7 also doesn't have it. I wonder if there is some kind of exclusivity deal.
Namco isn't nearly as PC "competent" as Capcom so I really never thought that mode would've been released on PC. Had hopes up with RE7 though. :(

Renegade Ops is a great coop game, and that price is fantastic for it. :)
Biggest pet peeve with Renegade Ops is that all achievements was for single player only. I played it to completion but it's a sad sight that I only got 1 achievement in it.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For MHW I imagine the big difference will not necessarily be image quality but high frame rates. It feels so dang good to play.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Need to get on that, and Downfall. Did you play The Cat Lady? Such a headfuck of a game...

Oh, I've been meaning to ask this somewhere: I played The Cat Lady up to the segment that follows the hospital with all the dolls and stuff. If it wasn't really doing it for me until then is it worth it to keep pushing on? I hear a lot of good things about this game, but it just doesn't seem to click with me.

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
So Halo: CEA is fucking amazing. I fell in love with Halo in high school, but stopped playing when I switched to PC gaming back in 2010. It's so nice to be back. And it plays so well with mouse and keyboard. I'm so happy.

Need to get on that, and Downfall. Did you play The Cat Lady? Such a headfuck of a game...
I just played them all in a row, actually. Knew Donfall and Cat Lady before, Downfall Redux and Lorelai were a first for me.
And after the whole series, I'd say, Cat Lady stays my favourite. I love how it features depression and her relationship with Mitzi.
Oh, I've been meaning to ask this somewhere: I played The Cat Lady up to the segment that follows the hospital with all the dolls and stuff. If it wasn't really doing it for me until then is it worth it to keep pushing on? I hear a lot of good things about this game, but it just doesn't seem to click with me.
Play until you meet Mitzi and see, if that changes anything for you.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
So Halo: CEA is fucking amazing. I fell in love with Halo in high school, but stopped playing when I switched to PC gaming back in 2010. It's so nice to be back. And it plays so well with mouse and keyboard. I'm so happy.
i played through reach on heroic but after a certain hanger part in the third level im going to go through ce on normal

really smart putting enemies on a second floor that are immune to the weapons they give you unless youve kept a weapon from the beginning of the level with no hint to keep it whatsoever or chance to get it again

really smart

its not worth my sanity

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
That's a very Orient-looking spear.

Unless Warhammer 3 goes East, I'd say it's more 3 Kingdoms.

fspm

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i played through reach on heroic but after a certain hanger part in the third level im going to go through ce on normal

really smart putting enemies on a second floor that are immune to the weapons they give you unless youve kept a weapon from the beginning of the level with no hint to keep it whatsoever or chance to get it again

really smart

its not worth my sanity
I finished halo 1 campaign on legendary using half broken mouse which didn't move horizontally, what a ride.

xGrizzly

Dec 3, 2017
Atlanta
I looked into it but it seems you need to downgrade the game in order to install it? Not sure if I'm comfortable with doing that. 🙄
No need to downgrade. It works fine on the latest version of the game. Id recommend that mod with the Minimap reworked mod to remove the minimap altogether. Much more immersive and engaging imo :)

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Wonder what "splat" is likely? Vampire's getting a lot of love lately, but there's certainly a lot of good horror settings in WoD...

We need a good Mage game. Vampire and Werewolf are getting double/triple A games.

Though Changeling would probably be best fit for an otherwordly horror.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
We need a good Mage game. Vampire and Werewolf are getting double/triple A games.

Though Changeling would probably be best fit for an otherwordly horror.
As a newly-embraced vampire fanatic (2019 and LA By Night sent me tumbling down the rabbit hole into Bloodlines and playing in my own V5 game), I'm all about vampire but Mage or Changeling sound pretty interesting too!

And the Werewolf fans may still be in want of a good game, lol 🐺

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Some good stuff in that Sega sale on Steam. Shame the new Super Monkey Ball isn't included.

Tembo is an excellent old-school style platformer. Binary Domain, I don't know good the PC version is, but on console I loved it. Very under-appreciated shooter. Yakuza 0 for $4.99.

OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Since it's based on those versions it's got the new VO.

Mankind ill needs a port such as this.

Though I suppose someone would mod in the original translation.
Reading about it this morning killed me. It's gotta be coming sooner or later.
Eh, you're better off emulating the PS1 version. Those new versions with the "improved" VO take the fun away.

I suppose that's true. It does irk me that Konami have let many classic games just rot, especially seeing how well other companies like Capcom are treating their back catalogue. Not that I'm demanding high quality remakes of Silent Hill, MGS or SoTN, but them being available on modern hardware would be a good start at least!

I'm wondering when we'll get a Battletech complete edition, I only got the base game and I haven't played it since release but I'm curious about the dlc content.

Shouldn't be too long I imagine. Development is 'complete' on it, and a complete edition along with a console port kinda makes sense.

Wonder what "splat" is likely? Vampire's getting a lot of love lately, but there's certainly a lot of good horror settings in WoD...
A WoD game with mechanics of Shadowrun Returns could be really cool, as long as they focus more on making hubs more interactive.

Another Shadowrun style game would be much appreciated for sure. Mage might be a good setting to go down, but if they really wanted to go crazy with the horror something like Changeling would be fascinating. Or Hunter.

As a newly-embraced vampire fanatic (2019 and LA By Night sent me tumbling down the rabbit hole into Bloodlines and playing in my own V5 game), I'm all about vampire but Mage or Changeling sound pretty interesting too!

And the Werewolf fans may still be in want of a good game, lol 🐺

LA By Night is the best RPG content on YouTube, incredible show.

Phrost

Dec 8, 2018
I feel like tomorrow marks the start of gaming year 2020 for me with Black Mesa. Looking ahead now I hope to be able to play and beat:
Black Mesa * (March 5),
Doom Eternal (March 20),
Resident Evil 3 *** (April 3),
Death Stranding ** (June 2),
with prioritization increasing in no. of *:s. Worried that I'll have to postpone Doom Eternal as those are some long games.
I already finished Black Mesa (Xen was amazing), but between the other 3 games you mentioned, + the new Ori, + the new Half-Life.. I wish I had more time to play :(

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
While we're on the WoD topic, I hope Paradox's associates give stuff like clan Ravnos, Salubri, and Kindred of the East a full rewrite.

Another Shadowrun style game would be much appreciated for sure. Mage might be a good setting to go down, but if they really wanted to go crazy with the horror something like Changeling would be fascinating. Or Hunter.
Curveball choice: Wraith with necromantic vampires, werewolves, and mages as villains.

LA By Night is the best RPG content on YouTube, incredible show.
It really is! Jason Carl's the best DM I've ever seen, he was made for that world, and the cast are fantastic too.

Wok

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
France
Everything looks amazing, but what is up with the shadow clipping?

l6W1H5O.gif

Last edited:

Untogether

Oct 29, 2017
I finished Punchline!!, which is a free download on Steam. I think it was mentioned in last month's thread so thanks to whoever brought it up.

It's a short visual novel type game (there's no 'gameplay' as such, just clicking through dialogue) presented as nine separate vignettes which you can play in any order. The characters are, for the most part, POC, which given the game was made by a second generation Somali guy in London is no great surprise, but to find that as even a thing that exists was a pleasant discovery.

The game is set in a quasi fantasy / SF city drawing from both US and Brit (especially in the insults) influences, and the characters are kooky and relatable. The game for most will probably live and die on the humour and there's an imagination in the setting that contrasts with the mediocre and mundane that most of the characters deal with and it's played to decent comedic effect. The humour mostly hit for me and that's what I found enjoyable about the piece, but at the end of the last vignette you're treated to a long, I dunno, I guess essay from the developer as to what pushed him to.make the game and some of the reasoning behind the process, and this in itself was as interesting to me as the game itself.

If you have a spare hour, you could do a lot worse than Punchline!!

Status
Not open for further replies.