Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
So... Question about Nier: Automata...

I started playing over the week-end. I installed FAR and the HD Texture Mod. I am playing the game on an i5-8400 with a GTX1080 in 1440p.

I am having a difficult time maintaining 60fps while playing... I often gets drops in the low 50s and even in the 40s at times.

The FAR guide suggested disabling the ingame AA which I have done (everything else is maxed out in the settings menu).

I am also getting some weird shadow LOD issues like the shadows will often abbrutply end 50ft or so in front of my character.

Anybody has any ideas how I could fix that? Thanks!

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
The worst thing about Alyx is that whenever i'll play the game, i won't know how to appraise it.
Is it doing stuff no other VR game did? Are there innovations? Is it taking things already done in VR but to a new level? Is the gameplay/interactions comparable to other major VR titles but Alyx has the gfx, sound, story and atmosphere design that set it apart? Because i know i won't be playing games who were released prior to Alyx before i play it.

Very curious what comments and comparisons reviews will give since we know most outlets don't review the segment and know next to nothing about it.

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
This has to be the best PC gaming month in a long, long time for me. Doom and Half-Life (x2, if you count Black Mesa). And an Ori sequel to boot!

It's the complete opposite for me, as I cannot justify paying x amount of pounds for VR as I know my eyesight doesn't work properly for it, a bit like 3D and I don't have space to do it justice I would do my myself a injury falling over dogs and furniture.I will pick up Doom when it's cheap or on Game Pass as I wasn't that impressed with the last version even though it plays like a Dream, shooting monsters in waves no longer appeals to me anymore. Ori is not really my cup of tea even if looks nice.

But it looks like you will have a cracking month as they all look to be highly regarded games.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
He never has an icon even after you do his quest. Was a source of great frustration for me until I memorized his location.

Funny, I went to see the dumpling guy (I remembered his shop was next to the eternal fire thing) and his shop was locked, despite people eating outside. I figured I would just move on and went to work on the Triss sidequest. There was a journeyman blacksmith in the square where it started.

Launchpad

Oct 26, 2017
Wow Half Life: Alyx sure looks good. Now if only Valve would email me that the Index is back in stock :(

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Half life alyx looks so good, i have not tried any vr device yet but that teleport like movement option looks sooo weird in a video, once the player changes it in that IGN video from minute 6 it looks like a normal videogame again xD

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Funny, I went to see the dumpling guy (I remembered his shop was next to the eternal fire thing) and his shop was locked, despite people eating outside. I figured I would just move on and went to work on the Triss sidequest. There was a journeyman blacksmith in the square where it started.

Hahah weird

Nearly done with my quest of playing through the whole Devil Came Through Here series. Started Lorelai tonight and am very intruged.
While her own background feels a bit like a worn out subject, I was pretty surprised by the big part in the nursing home.
Just reached chapter 3 and am really interested to see where it is going.
Sadly the gameplay feels more barebones than in the previous games already (although they stepped up the controls); the pacing could be better.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I see that they added a video to Halo:CE Steam store page with a release date of... Available Now!
store.steampowered.com

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on Steam

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary comes to PC as the second installment of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, chronicling the rise of the legendary Master Chief.
Stealth drop inc?

EDIT: Ruhroh, they reverted the changes, no screenshots or trailer anymore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Heya! It's me, Octavia?

hhljtTx.png

C4rter

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Question regarding Steam Key and country specific versions.
I've activated the Uncut Commandos 2 version in 2013. But I forgot about that and today I also activated the Germany (Cut) version.
It did not appear another entry in my library. Did I now censor my Uncut version or what did happen?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Question regarding Steam Key and country specific versions.
I've activated the Uncut Commandos 2 version in 2013. But I forgot about that and today I also activated the Germany (Cut) version.
It did not appear another entry in my library. Did I now censor my Uncut version or what did happen?

The German version uses the same app but different data depots. Installing the game with both sets of depots would probably result in some issues, but you can remove the German licence from this page: https://help.steampowered.com/en/wizard/HelpWithGameIssue/?appid=6830&issueid=123

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I see that they added a video to Halo:CE Steam store page with a release date of... Available Now!
store.steampowered.com

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary on Steam

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary comes to PC as the second installment of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, chronicling the rise of the legendary Master Chief.
Stealth drop inc?

EDIT: Ruhroh, they reverted the changes, no screenshots or trailer anymore.
They uploaded some trailer on youtube so there was speculation about it coming out tomorrow or next week.

Oct 25, 2017
What a busy month, I'll be having a hard time deciding between Doom Eternal, Ori 2 and Granblue Versus, while my Animal Crossing hype is though the roof.
Also made the mistake that I started Disco Elysium today, while I'm trying to get better at Street Fighter V and Dragon Ball FighterZ.

Fortunately I've overcome my Monster Hunter addiction, that has reignited with the PC release of Iceborne.
I've put in another 170 hours into it after playing it for 200 on the PS4.

EDIT: Oh, also Halo and Borderlands 3 are coming to Steam which I'm going to postpone.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
The base game is available on Humble Choice.

www.humblebundle.com

May 2024 Humble Choice

Get May 2024 Humble Choice and more when you subscribe for just $11.99 per month!

You might be able to find it cheaper.

You probably want at least the first DLC, The Wildcards. New playable race and class and a new companion.

At least in the level design, yeah. The levels were a lot more flat and sprawling than immersive sims from this decade, with more enemies per level. The last stretch of System Shock 2 especially is completely packed with enemies.

The Body of the Many is IMO every bit as bad as Xen in Half Life. SS2 is an amazing game but most of the final third is crap (that last level is pretty dope though).

Last edited:

charlieman999

Oct 29, 2017
Spain
Im looking forward to Black mesa, loved HL2 and the episodes, and Ori and Doom eternal look also great, the first Ori is one of my favorite games, such a beatiful world, i hope they have improved the combat because it was the only thing i didnt like much about the first one, what a great month for pc gaming, i wish i also had the money to buy a Vr headset to play HL alyx : (

Parsnip

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
So... Question about Nier: Automata...

I started playing over the week-end. I installed FAR and the HD Texture Mod. I am playing the game on an i5-8400 with a GTX1080 in 1440p.

I am having a difficult time maintaining 60fps while playing... I often gets drops in the low 50s and even in the 40s at times.

The FAR guide suggested disabling the ingame AA which I have done (everything else is maxed out in the settings menu).

I am also getting some weird shadow LOD issues like the shadows will often abbrutply end 50ft or so in front of my character.

Anybody has any ideas how I could fix that? Thanks!
Did you try without the HD mod? Haven't played it myself, but I think I've seen people mention that they had (more?) stutters when they used it.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
So, considering there are only 2 weekly sales on Steam, are we getting a sale event tomorrow or what?

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't try with Reach but I thought about doing local splitscreen when CE comes out. Is it true that they took that out of PC MCC?

That'd be a bummer.

Garchia3.0

Dec 20, 2018
Spyro Reignited is everything I expected from a remake. Looks gorgeous and it keeps the same hectic pacing as the original. The newly added skill points are a nice challenge. Very refreshing to dive into it after so many years of completing the originals on the PS1.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Random question but is anybody actually get the "Remember my password" checkbox to work on UPlay? It hasn't worked for me for like...years... And on multiple PCs too!

The base game is available on Humble Choice.

www.humblebundle.com

May 2024 Humble Choice

Get May 2024 Humble Choice and more when you subscribe for just $11.99 per month!

You might be able to find it cheaper.

Speaking of Humble Monthly... When are new ones normally announced? Afaik the March ones are still not known?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Random question but is anybody actually get the "Remember my password" checkbox to work on UPlay? It hasn't worked for me for like...years... And on multiple PCs too!

Speaking of Humble Monthly... When are new ones normally announced? Afaik the March ones are still not known?
First friday of march is this week on the 6th.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I have discovered Auto Hot Key thanks to a Steam forum. My mind is kinda blown at the possibilities.

Doesn't work for every game that's hardcoded to WASD (a few Unreal Engine games I tried are ignoring the script), but I can at least play Ashes of Oahu now.

1 gift from ZServ

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from ZServ ZServ!

This is a two-day raffle that will expire in 48 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

ZServ said:
To celebrate the newly-released major update to my first release, Ephemeral Tale, I thought it fitting to give back to the community that has given me so much! Patch day giveaway? You know it, boo.

TL;DR on Ephemeral Tale: Turn-based looty-gamey. Dragon Quest + Borderlands = This. Trailer = below.

If you don't win today, no worries-- I'll be doing more of these in the future, and worst case scenario, it's $5! I'm so happy w/ how much the game has improved in the weeks since release, and can't wait to see where it goes in the future. :)

These are our awesome prizes:

Buttzerker

Powerhouse Protector / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couple basic shots so far of Warlords of New York, love all the little details

HZqqRyr.jpg

2a3npBb.jpg

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've really been watching those Alyx videos all day. The level of interaction in it is insane, like this is pretty much what people were hoping for from VR. Now I hope there is also a bit of replay value or maybe an arena mode in game.

eonden

Oct 25, 2017
I've really been watching those Alyx videos all day. The level of interaction in it is insane, like this is pretty much what people were hoping for from VR. Now I hope there is also a bit of replay value or maybe an arena mode in game.
There is gonna be a modding scene with the Hammer tools, plus a 15h campaign so I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.