bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
Alpha Protocol just reappeared on Steam:

store.steampowered.com

Save 20% on Alpha Protocol™ on Steam

Loyalty carries a price and no one knows this more than agent Michael Thorton. A talented young agent cast out by his government, Thorton is the only one with the information needed to stop an impending international catastrophe.
Ohh I was just gonna come post about this; I was wondering if this is the same updated version that GOG got recently. I would assume so but I wasn't sure.

EDIT: Ahh just saw Mocha Joe's post. NVM.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Another sale where I buy nothing. At some point I realized buying more games needs to stop if I'm ever going to get to even the must-plays from my backlog.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have tried to get into Elden Ring so many times but this game just sucks. I really don't understand the appeal of playing something that is intentionally frustrating.

Teeth

Nov 4, 2017
Man I have tried to get into Elden Ring so many times but this game just sucks. I really don't understand the appeal of playing something that is intentionally frustrating.

Once you get over a certain hump with these games, they stop being frustrating and start being exhilarating.

But they definitely aren't for everybody and that's A-OK.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
You know, I love Rogue Trader but these constant random encounters are the absolute drizzling shits.

Just...no.
11353-l.jpg

1 gift from Eraser_Arcade New

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Eraser_Arcade Eraser_Arcade!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Eraser_Arcade said:
https://www.gog.com/game/forager

These are our awesome prizes:

• GOG GOG: Forager - Won by mauaus mauaus (2 entries)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone here who enjoyed the first Watch Dogs, how did you find the second?

I've been browsing the reddit and opinion seems split on which is the best, but most people seem to like both. I've never played 2 and will be playing it when I finish 1. Just curious what people's thoughts are.
I hear the story is less dark (not a bad thing), that the characters are really fun (a bit corny at times, but endearing still), and that the open world is greatly improved. That there is more focus on hacking and melee than ranged (using a drone for hacks sounds really cool).

trajon

Dec 5, 2017

I've been browsing the reddit and opinion seems split on which is the best, but most people seem to like both. I've never played 2 and will be playing it when I finish 1. Just curious what people's thoughts are.
I hear the story is less dark (not a bad thing), that the characters are really fun (a bit corny at times, but endearing still), and that the open world is greatly improved. That there is more focus on hacking and melee than ranged (using a drone for hacks sounds really cool).

I'd say pretty much all of that is accurate to my experience. I preferred San Francisco as a location, and the lighter story / characters was refreshing imo.

I haven't played it since launch, but I'd recommend it still without a doubt (and especially for only $5 right now lol).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say pretty much all of that is accurate to my experience. I preferred San Francisco as a location, and the lighter story / characters was refreshing imo.

I haven't played it since launch, but I'd recommend it still without a doubt (and especially for only $5 right now lol).
Oh good shout! Was going to buy third party but this is perfect, thanks a lot!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado

After a few hours of Watch Dogs 1 I dropped it because I found it incredibly boring and hated the main character. I absolutely loved Watch Dogs 2, it's one of my favorite open world games.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Man fashion in WD2 goes hard!

This is fucking rad. Immediately feels like a huge upgrade over 1.

Last edited:

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
OP
OP
Uzzy

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So I finished No Case Should Remain Unsolved.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2676840/No_Case_Should_Remain_Unsolved/

It's a puzzle game really, with you as a retired detective going through fragments of memories of a long forgotten missing person's case, finally piecing together what happened in order to solve the disappearance of a little girl. It's quite small and very cleverly presented, there's only 54 statements you need to actually look through, and putting them together to resolve the case is quite fun.

X5CAzBv.png

You have keywords, highlighted in blue with a hashtag, and you use those to expand other statements that are related to the keyword. You have to organise the statements according to time and who said them. You have to find certain dates to uncover critical information, and you have to pick out key bits of data to answer critical questions about the case. It's presented well, letting you know exactly what might connect, or whether you even have the information you need to resolve some bits before you go scrolling through all the statements.

It's not exactly a big puzzle game, took me about 2 hours to finish it, but it's effective, the central mystery is a fun one to unravel, and it just feels good to have this mess facing you at the start that's solved at the end, everything neatly fitting into place. The games central message got me right in the heart too. Lovely stuff. Highly recommended, especially at this price.

ibvTqMW.png

Mugen

Oct 28, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
So I finished No Case Should Remain Unsolved.

View: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2676840/No_Case_Should_Remain_Unsolved/

It's a puzzle game really, with you as a retired detective going through fragments of memories of a long forgotten missing person's case, finally piecing together what happened in order to solve the disappearance of a little girl. It's quite small and very cleverly presented, there's only 54 statements you need to actually look through, and putting them together to resolve the case is quite fun.

X5CAzBv.png

You have keywords, highlighted in blue with a hashtag, and you use those to expand other statements that are related to the keyword. You have to organise the statements according to time and who said them. You have to find certain dates to uncover critical information, and you have to pick out key bits of data to answer critical questions about the case. It's presented well, letting you know exactly what might connect, or whether you even have the information you need to resolve some bits before you go scrolling through all the statements.

It's not exactly a big puzzle game, took me about 2 hours to finish it, but it's effective, the central mystery is a fun one to unravel, and it just feels good to have this mess facing you at the start that's solved at the end, everything neatly fitting into place. The games central message got me right in the heart too. Lovely stuff. Highly recommended, especially at this price.

ibvTqMW.png

I finished this one too yesterday. Took me more than two hours probably, but had a loss of progress due to battery running out on then Deck. I liked the story, it had me guessing a lot about what was really going on. Gameplay was good as well but overall not quite as fun as e.g. the Golden Idol-games. Well-described by Uzzy and I'd recommend No Case Should Remain Unsolved as well.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
This is a very rare time when the gamepass version is better than PC.

I installed PC, got to the open world, and got the error;: Easy Anti cheat is not installed, multiplayer is disabled".

Tried a dozen fixes, nothing worked. installed on GP, it works. Wish I hadn't bought it now, oh well.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
This is a very rare time when the gamepass version is better than PC.

I installed PC, got to the open world, and got the error;: Easy Anti cheat is not installed, multiplayer is disabled".

Tried a dozen fixes, nothing worked. installed on GP, it works. Wish I hadn't bought it now, oh well.

Forza? Yeah, the Steam version has been known to be kinda janky compared to the Microsoft Store's.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Now that Shadow of the Erdtree is finally out of the way, I can finally begin chipping away at the backlog. So many indies! Makes me wish I had a Deck.
Chained Echoes first.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
Downloaded the DD2 2 hour trial to see how it runs on my system, and it's been compiling shaders for half an hour and it's not even done yet.

starpower

Digital Dumpster Diver
The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
Three months of Discord Nitro for users that never subbed before:
discord.com

Discord - Group Chat That’s All Fun & Games

Discord is great for playing games and chilling with friends, or even building a worldwide community. Customize your own space to talk, play, and hang out.

Three months of PC Game Pass from the Nvidia giveaway:

Code: 9472C-FH3VK-6QVHY-PG3Q3-XRDRZ
Redeem from: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/promotions/game-pass-offer/partner-trial
More stuff expiring, three months of yt premium: https://www.youtube.com/premium?acc=3ozy3g0loz0u7