Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Weird situation, normally Sony have no issue letting everyone know they have an exclusive deal and the devs said they didn't have a deal, so why would they hide it ? Seems more likely tech issues are the main problem because the PS5 version isn't exactly amazing in it's current state.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
"Alpha, the Wukong's exclusivity deal status is unknown. Recruit a team of insiders with an attitude."

latest

Kratos2098

Feb 18, 2022
Yeah I don't care what IGN said and I don't trust anything out of Jez I 100% don't believe there is any deal in place. Too many others saying there isn't and Sony not doing anything to promote the game makes me think they didn't pay anything for it either.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
So Sony paid to get port done faster/at launch and MS didn't lmao? That isn't any exclusivity deal.
I am starting to think the fabled source here is frustrated Greenberg.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
If there's no tech issues and at the same time Sony didn't block the release of Xbox version, why is the game not day one on Xbox? You can't have it both way.
Because it's not a "tech issue" per se, it's just a resource issue. They could have had it launch on Xbox as well if they were bigger. Presumably Sony paid to support the PS5 version to get it ready for launch and that whole thing got misinterpreted as "Sony paid for timed exclusivity"

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Because it's not a "tech issue" per se, it's just a resource issue. They could have had it launch on Xbox as well if they were bigger. Presumably Sony paid to support the PS5 version to get it ready for launch and that whole thing got misinterpreted as "Sony paid for timed exclusivity"

But why lie then? Plenty of developers have stated resource or time issue as reasons for delays. No one cares, they move on.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
But the journalists are saying there was no special technical challenge with the Xbox version.
That was in the IGN article, which said no tech issue was reported to Xbox

To me, it sounds like the simplest answer is they paid to keep the game off the competing platform. I guess we'll see depending on if it's just a few weeks delay or a few months.
I still maintain the way this played out makes no sense from Sony's pov... And considering IGN's source denied the rumored tech issue being reported to Xbox, it strongly suggests to me that the source is from within Microsoft. That, and the developer seems to have a bunch of weird people (to put it mildly) in leadership... Makes me think the following:

I would not discount the possibility that the reason MS believes there's an exclusivity deal is the result of miscommunication (or dumb communication) between them and the studio. Unless this source is specifically aware of the details of a concrete signed agreement.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would explain the lack of marketing, but still confirms the exclusivity deal.

Just means it's likely not as long as a year.

Still can't get over how everyone dunked on the XSS for the delay.
That explains nothing. At this point he's as flabbergasted as the rest of us and looking for potential explanations.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
But why lie then? Plenty of developers have stated resource or time issue as reasons for delays. No one cares, they move on.
Like, in a sense those 2 things (tech issue and resource issue) aren't that different from each other, outside of potentially more time and resources being required for an Xbox version because of 2 consoles.
My point is, they can absolutely make the Xbox version, they just couldn't in time for launch alongside a PS5 and PC versions, and Sony offered (more?) support funding.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What benefit is that to Sony?
Could be less Sony and more specifically SIE Asia, who might have been more interested in the game, unlike in the west were western SIE seemingly didn't give the slightest of shits about the game. They want it out with the PC version instead of later, who knows when, makes about as much sense as anything else in this.

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
That would explain the lack of marketing, but still confirms the exclusivity deal.

Just means it's likely not as long as a year.

Still can't get over how everyone dunked on the XSS for the delay.
What's the point of exclusivity deal without marketing? And I'm not talking about spend marketing, even bare minimum marketing for the PS5 didn't happen (announcing it's PS5 exclusive)

Status
Not open for further replies.