• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm boring. I just used a text accompanied by a picture of her "just been squeezed through a vagina" face.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Parents gotta ask themselves if they really want their kid being roasted at school 'cause they died trying to do a gender reveal

SalvaPot

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I get that hating parents reveal is kind of cool here but the man already died, you don't need to dunk on him about how dumb he was.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want to see the Venn diagram of people who'd set off dangerous explosives to celebrate what gender they and the rest of society will be assigning their child at birth based entirely on their biological sex and people who'd flip the fuck out if it turned out their child was trans, nonbinary, etc. Like, I KNOW it's probably just a perfect circle, but I'm still curious.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
The entire concept of a gender reveal party is just completely asinine to me

Obi Wan Jabroni

alt account
Banned
Dec 14, 2020
Why is this a thing? Why presume that anyone outside you and your closest family gives a shit?

Social media.

Everybody is a superstar and everything they do needs to be filmed and posted for the maximum amount of likes.

Just think about the notion of pulling out a phone and taking a picture of your meal and then posting about said meal.

Social media is basically banality given amplification. Then you have this kind of reckless shit that results in what should be a monumental moment turning into a literal tragedy.

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I get that hating parents reveal is kind of cool here but the man already died, you don't need to dunk on him about how dumb he was.
I'm more about dunking on the culture that produces more of these incidents. You would think one or maybe two would be enough... But between starting wild fires in California, and killing random passerbys with cannons, to this latest incident they keep happening

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Yeah, just go back to cakes...

a1a576ad-8da0-401c-b10a-683282430143.jpg

filled with various-sized M&Ms? Is that how they were doing it? Well okay, it's still safer than cannons and explosives and other body-impaling/fire-starting methods.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Failed as a father before even becoming a father.

Sex reveal parties seem pretty dumb. Just stick to a baby shower part 2 or some shit.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Stupid mother fuckers.

No one gives a shit what gender your baby is, with the possible exception of close family. And I say that as a parent. Just send folk a picture of the scan or something jesus.

Poor kid will grow up without a dad due to nothing but pure stupidity.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Just send out a group text and call it day. thankfully no one else was killed due to this man's stupidity.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of want to see the Venn diagram of people who'd set off dangerous explosives to celebrate what gender they and the rest of society will be assigning their child at birth based entirely on their biological sex and people who'd flip the fuck out if it turned out their child was trans, nonbinary, etc. Like, I KNOW it's probably just a perfect circle, but I'm still curious.
Even the creator of the practice regrets it nowadays. She said that "assigning focus on gender at birth leaves out so much of their potential and talents that have nothing to do with what's between their legs".

viandante

Apr 24, 2020
"why don't i have a daddy like all the other kids at school?"

well son, he was so excited to announce your gender to the world that he blew himself off the planet

"oh..."

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
unless your kid is an alien or something stop doing this stupid reveal parties. no one really cares

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If you want to do a reveal party, just make a cake with some frosted "It's a (whatever)!". Cake is delicious, therefore more productive to the community

Anyway, I hope none of these kids that have victims in their own gender reveals ever feel guilt about it.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
This is somehow more stupid than kids eating tide pods and planking...combined. And its something people get openly clowned for doing because of the inherent absurdity and danger of it and it still wont stop.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
It's a good thing he only killed himself and not potentially killing other people had he blown that up at the actual party.

Oct 25, 2017
why do people even fucking care so much about revealing their baby's fucking gender?!?

WHO FKN CARES IN THE FIRST PLACE?!?!?

fuck, humans... just fuck us.

i don't think people who engage in such stupidity should be saved from any posthumous jibes.

Last edited:

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Oh god that article reminded me of the big California fires because of one of these. How do you even live your life after being responsible for that??

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
the weirdest thing to me is that i think when the first disasters like the fire that i heard about were being reported on i was just like huh thats a really weird and dumb thing to have a party for, what weirdos

and now it feels like i was weird for not knowing apparently these aggressively cis people are all falling over themselves to blow up themselves and others to talk about fetus genitals

what a world

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i haven't forgotten what you told me, Boss

we have no tomorrow, but theres still hope for the future

in our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away

will I see it in my lifetime? probably not

Which means there's no time to waste. someday the world will no longer need us.

no need for the gender reveal party, or the hand to pull the trigger

i have to drive out this demon inside me... build a better future

thats what I... what we... will leave as our legacy

another mission, right Boss?

AaronD

Dec 1, 2017
I don't liked gender reveal parties without all the suicide. What's wrong with a baby shower?

Zorg1000

Banned
Jul 22, 2019
I dont get it, I thought my wife was being extra when we did a reveal by hitting a baseball with colored powder inside.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Such a disgusting waste of life and resources. I feel sorry for that poor kid that's going to grow up without a father.

Never even really understood the point of gender reveal parties anyway, just tell the family and then a week later put on social media if you really must make a big deal about the child's biological sex anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
"A gender-reveal device" LMAO

edit: horrible the guy died, but that's a phrase I never expected to read

Last edited:

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
These feel like our generation of keeping up with the Joneses. Instead of trying to have a nicer house or whatever we are trying to have more elaborate celebrations to increase our social media cred.