• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I've always liked the part of Moira's skill ceiling where you had to predict the stuns coming and Fade out of them before they even happened.

There's not much nuance in playing her, that was like one of the few things you could do to be a "good Moira". This is a pretty dumb change to her.

Her survivability is going to go through the roof for average players. Also seems like a change that impacts Rein the hardest, since she can now escape from his ult and then heal the team to (help) keep them alive until they recover.

mowmow

Aug 22, 2018
I'm glad this is coming. I will be happy to never see 5 dps comp matches spamming for heals when i'm the only on healer. I usually play the flex of my group, so i'll be bummed i can't switch to other roles when necessary.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not happy with the Sym Rework (AGAIN) but the role lock honestly changes how she plays. Having two tanks constantly makes her way more viable now.

Still the TP needs to be reverted back, her constant TP-ing around was so much fun. But I can see that can get oppressive in the new 2-2-2 role lock. Because let's admit it, she is OP when you have a competent shield tank around. With the Role Q, her survivability should not matter as much since it seems like the devs want her to be around her tanks constantly anyway.

I also moonlight as a flex player when I'm not playing Sym so the role-lock is awesome to me.

Last edited:

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
I'm still not happy with the Sym Rework (AGAIN) but the role lock honestly changes how she plays. Having two tanks constantly makes her way more viable now.

Still the TP needs to be reverted back, her constant TP-ing around was so much fun. But I can see that can get oppressive in the new 2-2-2 role lock. Because let's admit it, she is OP when you have a competent shield tank around. With the Role Q, her survivability should not matter as much since it seems like the devs want her to be around her tanks constantly anyway.

I also moonlight as a flex player when I'm not playing Sym so the role-lock is awesome to me.

Isn't her TP permanent until destroyed now, basically like it used to be?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't her TP permanent until destroyed now, basically like it used to be?
Yes but the countdown doesn't start until it is destroyed.

Many Sym players basically used the TP as an offensive weapon because the effective countdown before was just 2 seconds. Many Sym players used it to send turret bombs, used it as an escape tool and used it to tp back and forth to assassinate squishy support and then adapt as the situation changes. It was genuinely fun and made her a very dynamic and fast character.Those playstyle can still happen but the adaptation part is dead now. You have to commit to one play style now, and hide every time your TP is on cooldown for 15 seconds. She also gets severely punished when she commits and it doesn't work, more so than before now. Before this, all you have to do was TP out. 3.0 did not hard counter anyone but that was okay because her TP made her a lot more versatile.

But again, let's see how this role q plays out. Having two tanks at all times now might more than make up for this severe nerf. I wish they also extended the range of her primary because she is primarily a shield buster now with an even worse survavibility on her own.

8byte

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Yes but the countdown doesn't start until it is destroyed.

Many Sym players basically used the TP as an offensive weapon because the effective countdown before was just 2 seconds. Many Sym players used it to send turret bombs, used it as an escape tool and used it to tp back and forth to assassinate squishy support and then adapt as the situation changes. It was genuinely fun and made her a very dynamic and fast character.Those playstyle can still happen but the adaptation part is dead now. You have to commit to one play style now, and hide every time your TP is on cooldown for 15 seconds. She also gets severely punished when she commits and it doesn't work. Before this, all you have to do was TP out.

But again, let's see how this role q plays out. Having two tanks at all times now might more than make up for this severe nerf. I wish they also extended the range of her primary because she is primarily a shield buster now with an even worse survavibility on her own.

I mean, that sounds like a good change? If there's no risk, the reward shouldn't be so great. Sym was always my least favorite to deal with because she could get in and out of situations and do tons of damage with relatively low risk (particularly in QP where teams are less likely to be grouped up / coordinating). Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me, regard to the balance of the game.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Moira Fade change just make me question now why Tracer can't recall out of Junrat's trap.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that sounds like a good change? If there's no risk, the reward shouldn't be so great. Sym was always my least favorite to deal with because she could get in and out of situations and do tons of damage with relatively low risk (particularly in QP where teams are less likely to be grouped up / coordinating). Doesn't sound like a bad thing to me, regard to the balance of the game.
She has no form of self-protection/speed boost to get out of a hairy situation other than the TP, which takes a full second to deploy so it's not even instant. She is also the squishiest 'flanker' there is so once her TP is destroyed, she has no escape. The 15 second cooldown effectively gets her out of commission for 12+ second versus 2+seconds before.

Her turret bombs also cost her all her countdown so she is out of commission for 30 seconds if it fails.That's pretty high risk, high reward to me. Again, all of these need time to set-up as well.

Kubricks

Oct 31, 2017
I've always liked the part of Moira's skill ceiling where you had to predict the stuns coming and Fade out of them before they even happened.

There's not much nuance in playing her, that was like one of the few things you could do to be a "good Moira". This is a pretty dumb change to her.

Agree, the Moria change is uncalled for.
it's already easy enough to survive with fade as it is. now it's even more brain dead removing even more counter play.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for 2:2:2. Worried we may start to see a lot of people queue for tank or support to avoid queues, but then only play a DPS Hog or Zen.

As for the Moira change, I like the idea behind it, but it shouldn't apply to sleep. Ana should remain a hard counter to her evade.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
Move this to the main game already, at least for quick play

this is way way way better than before. Not worrying about comps feels good.. and is a huge relief

CM_Ace

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Final match of the night had 5 people insta lock dps and complain that we had no healers. So I just went Wrecking Ball and practiced my boops. August 13 can't come soon enough.

Feb 24, 2018
Wjhy have they never tried to fix the issues of people abusing the "I NEED HEALING" command? Seems like that's been issue since even before Day 1 and it's never been resolved and only made worse with the 5dps issues and the like. Hope that gets fixed with all this.

Brother is annoyed nothing happening with Torjborn (used to be his fav character but hates the changes made to him) but I'm happy with Moria and Symmetra changes, less so Brigette, Shield was too strong but 200 is way too weak. 300 or 350 seems better.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Brig's shield nerf is ridiculous. Should've been brought down to 350 at most, and her shield bash damage should have been brought back to what it originally was.

"I am your shield" my ass. :/

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
This is actual bullshit, i dont want to get into the toxic "get gud" mode but where are the standards?
Straight up get out of punishment free card
Like the only situation i can somewhat agree with is the Flashbang Escape

Other games in this space have abilities like that. In LoL, you accept that you can't ult that person without baiting the ability first. It's fine.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Was busy with Splatoon this weekend and finally catching up to all of this.

Fucking awesome that current quick play is getting added to arcade (therefore a great way to get boxes)