Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
I cannot believe how easy was to setup the console for the first time using just the phone without even touching the controller. Also I just plugged in my external hdd that I was using on my One X and voila every game showed up and everything works perfectly wow *knocks wood*.

When it comes to fan noise, I cannot even tell if the console is on or off, its that silent imagine. MS did an amazing job seriously.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
All set up and calibrated. Very simple and looking gorgeous even in just the menus. Love the new game browser, it's a refined version of what it was before but everything pops. Now downloading Ori WoW, NMS and Destiny 🙌

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
On9jmPT.jpg

2c20gwE.jpg

NghYJDo.jpg

Amazon.de delivered. 👍

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I can't sign into my MS account and I know I have the right password, just goes back to the sign in screen in my iPhone.

jtar86

Nov 5, 2017
I just got home with my x and ac Valhalla. I bought the physical version of Valhalla to have something to play right away but it needs a 48 gig upgrade apparently :(

Deleted member 10847

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone seeing the XSX as a Xbox one on the Microsoft devices? Previously it was XboxAnaconda but now it shows as the VCR Xbox one.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
For BC games sure, but I'm already thinking 2TB won't be enough based on how gigantic these Series X optimized games are.

Hmm, I just ordered a 2TB ssd, and will get a peripheral ssd, once there are cheaper and bigger alternatives. Currently have a 4TB hdd, so will eventually get another 2TB ssd and completely replace the hdd...

But yeah, I'm moving across Halo MCC, Fifa 21, Gears 5, AC Valhalla, and Watch Dogs Legion, Forza Horizon 4, and MS 7, and that basically used up 50% of my internal. That's without any XSX optomised GP games...

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I just got home with my x and ac Valhalla. I bought the physical version of Valhalla to have something to play right away but it needs a 48 gig upgrade apparently :(
Yeah that's deeply disappointing. I swear it was said that upgrade patches were supposed to be fairly small, not the whole game.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yup seems mine is messed up. Lovely.
Every time I turn console on there is nothing displayed on tv. Causing me to hold down the power button and full turn off console. This sucks.

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Do NOT enable that option.

Man.... tried Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.... should be full fat 4K/60 and i can't say anything bad about Auto-HDR... it looks insane( maybe a bit intense but i can't say that it's inaccurate or anything ) absolutely amazing
Why not? On the older models 4:4:4 was only available if you labeled the input as "PC" so not ticking it would default to 4:2:0 (I believe). Has it changed for the C9 models?

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Are all TVs that are 120hz HDMI 2.0 capable of 120FPS at lower than 4K resolutions? I'm not tech savvy.

I have a 4 year old Samsung JS8500

Some can't do 1440p but you should be able to do 1080p/720p.
I've set their accounts up, but it needs me signed in for any of them to play gamepass games, so obviously I want to auto sign in as me and they can switch out to them from there, but how do I stop them using my account to spend money?

I am looking for a use password for all purchases option on my account but I can't find it.
If it's your only xbox then set it as your home console in the settings that way they don't have to sign in as you. The password for purchases you're looking for is called a "Passkey" in settings -> account-> sign in and passkey.

Deleted member 50735

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Been trying some of my older games to see if they fixed the issues on X1X.

So far Steep is finally much improved and far more playable at a mainly locked 60fps (on the x1x it was a mess) Skyrim looks subtly improved with Auto HDR. Some of the frame drops in Origins is fully resolved now and appears to be a locked 30fps whilst maintaining a higher res dynamically. Borderlands 2 is now a locked 60 too with no dips so far.

Excellent console.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's here! Packaging feels really premium. My 1X died about a year ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do

digging the form-factor of the console in person

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Really impressed with the quick resume, my youngest can jump between a few games in one session and this is perfect for her to jump from Sims to Planet Coaster to minecraft and just pick up where she left off.

Also really digging the series S form factor, it's not much bigger than my V6 box from virgin.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if you can use the same rechargeable battery pack from the Xbox one controller on the series x?

Camillo

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Setup was quick and easy, love that fast & snappy menu. Played Horizon 4 for 1 hour , can't believe how quiet that thing is and how fast everything loads.

ldb3HUn.jpg

Already posted in pre-order thread, but I'm too happy, have to share that pic :)

StrangeADT

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Xbox One controller this small? I'm used to 360 controller on my PC and that was perfection. This is uncomfortable. My finger tips aren't on the sticks OR the triggers unless I loosen my grip on the controller and kind of back my hand off. It's really uncomfortable. This is extremely disappointing for me. Like, I almost want to take the damn thing back. It's made for people with Donald Trump hands.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Is 1440p@120hz theoretically supported and the software doesn't recognize it, or is it just that the 120hz mode is limited to 1080p on that display? If it's the former, that's likely to be patched eventually.
Not sure, now I realize than I had not activated freesync on my monitor so maybe that's why I didn't get the option. I will try again.

I have to say though, I tried 120fps with Ori and, it felt smooth af, sure, but I'm not sure it's worth giving up on the resolution because 60fps feels smooth enough. Maybe it depends on the game.

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Are all TVs that are 120hz HDMI 2.0 capable of 120FPS at lower than 4K resolutions? I'm not tech savvy.

I have a 4 year old Samsung JS8500

I have the JS8500 and can confirm the rtings.com review, Series X says no 120hz support which sucks. It's a HDMI 2.0 panel with 120hz, wonder why they never got it working right. They even released a new firmware at the end of September which shocked me for a 5 year old TV, figured it was for next gen support.

simonski

Oct 31, 2017
Does quick resume need enabling anywhere? I'm not getting it, perhaps because I'm downloading a zillion things?

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
It's quite loud for me but I imagine it's because it's transferring GBs of data very quickly and so spinning pretty fast, and I've not really been able to hear the disc drive loud and clear over the fans before, which are usually blaring.
That turned out to be the issue. I'm surprised by how quiet it is.

Holy shit is this thing fast. The instant on and the load times are insane.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Finally got my system and Shock Blue picked up...GameStop's system was getting absolutely piss pounded, crashed 3 times while I was there.

Store actually had 4 extra consoles, was surprised...cheapest bundle to get one was almost $700 though. 😳