• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth it to jump on the nvme expansion drive? I already have a 4TB HDD I used with my one X. Just trying to take advantage of that speeeeed.

DjRalford

Dec 14, 2017
Ok, after convincing the missus the kids should have it now I've run into a small snag.

I've set their accounts up, but it needs me signed in for any of them to play gamepass games, so obviously I want to auto sign in as me and they can switch out to them from there, but how do I stop them using my account to spend money?

I am looking for a use password for all purchases option on my account but I can't find it.

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised I'm living in a shithole and I got the console in the same day/week as some of you

What a time

Thanks Phil

xKDgJYo.png

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok Amazon back tracked, just had my XSX delivered :D

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This setup process is really smooth so far. Kudos to MS. XSX is kinda really nice when you get hands on it too. Very impressed.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
I was so worried about missing the signature but Fedex just dumped it at my door and ran lol.

Oct 12, 2020
Picking up my Series X in less than two hours. Just had a last quick session on my One X. Checked out EA Play on Game Pass. Just remembered I haven't yet played Titanfall 2. I hear good things about it.

Just going to play a bit of Gears 5 (also never played it) on my One X just to see how improved the Series X version is when I play it a bit later.

This is so damn exciting!

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Tetris STILL making me feel those troublesome feelings.

OK, so if I use external storage as the default and I download a Series X game, it warns me and I can just click internal storage. Great!

But what happens in rest mode? Will it just shove it on the SSD and I have to move it before I play it?

I'd assume it'll go to the default location (external, in your case), and then you would transfer it to internal in-person.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
How come when I click Dynamic background nothing happens? I thought we got to choose different ones?

gothi

Prophet of Truth
Jun 23, 2020
Ok, after convincing the missus the kids should have it now I've run into a small snag.

I've set their accounts up, but it needs me signed in for any of them to play gamepass games, so obviously I want to auto sign in as me and they can switch out to them from there, but how do I stop them using my account to spend money?

I am looking for a use password for all purchases option on my account but I can't find it.
You need to set the console as your Home Xbox, that way you won't need to be logged in for anyone to play games

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
About to boot up. I have a bunch of stuff on my HDD from my One X. Should I load it up without the HDD attached for the first time?

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Alright got everything setup and gave myself a little tour to familiarize myself with everything. Just waiting on Gears of War: Ultimate Edition to download to start to playing! Will probably download Planet Coaster and Pathologic 2 later this afternoon as well.

Mar 8, 2018
Mine came about thirty minutes ago, and there were no hiccups other than my girlfriend forgetting her account password and having to reset it. Whole unboxing -> setup process probably took about 15 minutes from beginning to end. Still waiting for games to download, but damn that was easily the smoothest setup I've experienced in the modern era.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Can series x record the last 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay? Like ps4, I use that feature all the time

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Are all TVs that are 120hz HDMI 2.0 capable of 120FPS at lower than 4K resolutions? I'm not tech savvy.

I have a 4 year old Samsung JS8500

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh my God, the quick loading, right into my veins. It makes playing Forza Horizon 4 sooo much better. I always disliked how much loading there was in it before.

Kratos2013

Jan 25, 2018
List of games currently optimised for XSX/XSS (ones to move over to internal iirc):

www.xbox.com

Optimised for Series X|S | Xbox

Games Optimised for Xbox Series X|S will showcase unparalleled visuals.

Also, you can transfer your settings from X1X, which includes groups!

Thank you for the list. It helps to decide what to install on the internal for now and what to keep on the external HD (not the official ssd drive).

Oct 27, 2017
Why is an enterprise self hire van pulled up with a guy in a FedEx uniform? Are they trying to confuse me, because it's working
Ha, I got an alert on my Ring doorbell, opened it up to see a Fed Ex delivering a package across the street at the neighbors. My wife is home so I asked her to check to see if the Xbox delivered
Nope. Aggravating but I'm at work anyway haha

Ont

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Can series x record the last 30 minutes to an hour of gameplay? Like ps4, I use that feature all the time

I don't know what the longest record option is for internal SSD is, but you should be able record longer sessions to external drive (limited by space).

Not 100% sure though, I have not tested this yet.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Sorry for the noob question, but I put a bunch of games in the download queue, will it keep downloading if I shut it off? I have the console set to low power mode.

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
dang what a nice piece of kit

was shocked how small it actually was in hand

just set up with external ssd and copying , downloading games now.... so fast in menus.

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
Are the download speeds slow for everyone else too? Only getting 31 Mbps when the Xbox internet speed test showed 600+

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
So far the best part is how fast the menu's are even when you're downloading so many things. I still am not a fan of the same-y feeling of the interface but it is what it is.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone tried Borderlands 3 yet? Update all present and corrent? Before I start downloading it...

dmix90

Oct 25, 2017

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017