• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 29, 2018
Wife's on the phone with her brother and he's got all the conspiracy theories... "it targets old people because they don't want to pay out their 401ks!" Sigh.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope it rains this weekend in the Bay Area, I don't want another weekend of people ignoring the stay at home rules

Supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday. I feel like every weekend has been raining or just gross, dark weather. Sucks for me personally, because it kills all motivation to work on projects at home. Sun just helps me get motivated, and most sun we've seen has been during the day (while I WFH >_>) But overall yeah, whatever will get people to stay put.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
i know log scales are legit

that's exactly what i'm talking about though, it should be consistent

the reason they are "throwing in" those transformations of 2x, 5x, etc. is to make the trends look a certain way. which is inconsistent, and misleading

that transformation is style over substance

I don't think you understand what a logarithmic scale is. There are no "transformations" (other than displayed y = log (y)). The vertical axis is labelled at 2x, 5x, 10x, etc. for convenience and easy reading, but that's all they are: labels.

iyox

Oct 25, 2017
So have Republicans backed off the taking point of the elderly nobly sacrificing themselves for the market? What a weird and awful week this has been and we know it's only going to get worse.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
So have Republicans backed off the taking point of the elderly nobly sacrificing themselves for the market? What a weird and awful week this has been and we know it's only going to get worse.

It's interesting: the moment the stock market began to rally the past few days, they all stopped talking about the elderly sacrificing themselves. Now that it dropped another 900 pts today, I wonder if that talking point will return.

LJ11

Oct 25, 2017
A hospital in queens. NSFL.

When the video of Elmhurst hospital dropped the other day I was surprised the ER wasn't a war zone, because on a normal Saturday evening that place is a fucking zoo, and looks much like the video of Jamaica hospital during this outbreak. What a nightmare, and to think the worst is yet to come.

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
Factories in China are idling cause the rest of the world is locked down and ain't buying shit. Real good payback.

Almost every dumb theory I hear about this thing works this way. It only makes sense if you just pretend China or whoever are insanely dumb and stupid.

Starting with, if you want to fuck over your enemies via a pandemic... why would you start it in your own borders?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
So my sister was finally able to get tested. Now we wait for her results, if she's positive then I can actually get tested. This whole thing is super stupid.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco
Went to Chik Fil A and they've converted their parking lot into a second drive through.

What's even more nuts is that all of their workers inside and outside have gloves and masks. How the fuck is Chik Fil A doing a better job protecting its workers than my hospital.

Erimriv

Oct 30, 2017
'Protect yourself at all times'. That's what boxing refeeres say on any fight. Beautiful people of resetera: protect yourself at all times!
I'm from Spain, following quarientine rules, just going out for food and other essential goods. If you can, don't go out, no matter where you live, just shelter in place.

I would like to share this video with you

My personal experience: I've taking suplements of zinc and quercetine for the last two years, had just one cold, and with very, very minor symptons. Most colds are from coronavirus. This is not science evidence, just my personal and biased experience.

The best way to deal witn covid-19 is not to get infected.

Protect yourself at all times. Healthy diet, no alcohol, no smoking. Moderate exercise.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Thats what i was figuring

If that Flu had some how happened this day and age it might have been considered 1917 flu because we would have had a quicker ability to figure out when it started appearing, but the reason mostly people call it the 1918 Spanish Flu is because of the second wave, mutated from the original first wave, was what ended up killing a ton of people starting in August of that year, that version of the strain was significantly more deadly but those who got the initial first wave were immune to it.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
Wife's on the phone with her brother and he's got all the conspiracy theories... "it targets old people because they don't want to pay out their 401ks!" Sigh.

ah yes the old "401ks can't be paid to beneficiaries if the account owner is killed by a manufactured disease specifically targeting old people" clause

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Number of daily deaths in the US is starting to pile up. Almost 400 today (so far) according to World Meter. Only beaten by Spain and Italy, where the virus has been wrecking havoc for longer.

Also almost 19k confirmed cases today (so far). I don't think even China gained that many per day at their own peak?

aznpxdd

Oct 25, 2017
Damn 19k confirmed cases and 398 deaths today in the States. Hard to comprehend those numbers as they are higher than China's peak for both confirmed cases and deaths per day.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday Mexico detected around 100 new cases, for a total of 585. Today, there are now 717 total.
So, the rate is increasing. And that's from 1 pm.

Still not wide spread aggressive testing yet.
But at least Government workers were allowed to stay at home.

Sectorseven

Oct 25, 2017
How at risk are you if you're passing someone on the street?

It's almost impossible to stay 6 feet away on a sidewalk.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Number of daily deaths in the US is starting to pile up. Almost 400 today (so far) according to World Meter. Only beaten by Spain and Italy, where the virus has been wrecking havoc for longer.

Also almost 19k confirmed cases today (so far). I don't think even China gained that many per day at their own peak?
All data points to US getting hit by the virus very hard and very bad. Right now US is 2-3 weeks behind Italy/Spain. Keep in mind that Europe closed down relatively fast after Italy soared, banning travel, closing borders, initiating strict quarantines. US is doing none of that, so I think it's going to be way worse than Europe.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
www.nhregister.com

Mayor: New Haven asks for coronavirus housing help; Yale says ‘no’

“It is in these times of crisis when people are exposed for their true selves,”...
Mayor: New Haven asks for coronavirus housing help; Yale says 'no'
An angry Mayor Justin Elicker said he asked Yale University President Peter Salovey whether police officers and firefighters who are asymptomatic, but who have a family member exposed to COVID-19, or who are not symptomatic, but have been exposed to the virus, or are waiting for test results, if they could use a dormitory at the university.

The answer was no.

He said he then called UNH President Steve Kaplan, "who in the first 5 minutes of the conversation, said 'yes. We will make this happen. This is important for the community.'"

Maybe CIA U are not such good guys.

moving

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo
Anyone else still seeing a ton of people out and about in Tokyo? I have a somewhat good view of the main street/s of my city my apartment balcony and doesn't seem anyone is staying at home. Perhaps slightly fewer people.

Seriously don't get what's so difficult.