TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
California is starting to surge. We just shot up to 3166 cases. We were under 900 Friday morning. We've been doing a good job getting hospitals ready so far and testing is ramping up. I hope it will be enough.

That's not a surge. It's just slightly less than 30% daily increases going from not seeming like a big deal to seeming huge.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
Today I allowed myself to think that I was turning the corner and starting to get better. Tonight I had a coughing fit so severe it almost resulted in a call to EMS. This shit sucks.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Horror out of NYC. It feels like the tidal wave is hitting, but with continued exponential growth in the short term, it's going to get much much worse there.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Spanish flu killed nearly 700k Americans.

let's hope that is history.

As long as the local and state governments continue extending quarantine and not following Trump's pointless rhetoric, then we have a good chance of keeping the deaths lower. If Trump gets his way, then it's a completely different story.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
cats give me severe problems whereas my dog does nothing to my breathing. only cats i can stand are persian cats which is stange as they are very hairy.

For me I am usually fine around most cats but rarely there is one that really triggers my allergies. My grandmother had a pair that did years ago and now my newest cat does (and keep in mind except for college I've always lived with at least two cats in my home since I was 10. I already had two cats when I introduced this guy).

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's been reported than an entire nursing home that is less than 5 minutes from my house, has the virus. All 94 of them there. I feel so bad for them :(

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
For me I am usually fine around most cats but rarely there is one that really triggers my allergies. My grandmother had a pair that did years ago and now my newest cat does (and keep in mind except for college I've always lived with at least two cats in my home since I was 10).

yeah, this shit is unpredictable. i also thought "no problems anymore" till my ex girlfriend thought it would be a nice idea to get a cat...suddenly it was back to full effect.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
Well, it's been reported than an entire nursing home that is less than 5 minutes from my house, has the virus. All 94 of them there. I feel so bad for them :(

there was a report yesterday, in a german nursing home 10 people died because of corona. my girlfriends father is in one of such homes and now my whole girlfriends family is concerned. but they can´t visit him because of the regulations. stay strong, hopefully it will turn out good.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
For me I am usually fine around most cats ...

4237.jpg

hmm

maxxpower

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
I need to take a break from Era. I feel like I'm gonna stroke out from the stress and anxiety. My body is all twitchy.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
How many days has this been going on now? Do you have fever or other severe symptoms? I'm so sorry to hear that you have it so bad.
This is day 6 of my presumptive diagnosis. I don't have the severe fever others report having, I have a mild fever with occasional spikes. My most severe symptoms are shortness of breath and coughing. I also have lung pain, headache, and fatigue. They did finally swab me because they detected pneumonia in my lungs at my follow-up appointment but I am in Central Texas so 7-10 days to hear back the results on that. They feel pretty confident in their diagnosis from the two examinations though.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
It felt like Italy got the US's curiosity when they hit 300 deaths in 24 hours and now that we're very close to that number ourselves I have a feeling covid will finally have our full attention I hope

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
It felt like Italy got the US's curiosity when they hit 300 deaths in 24 hours and now that we're very close to that number ourselves I have a feeling covid will finally have our full attention

the US is a really huge country. much bigger than europe countries. everyday i look at US numbers and i am praying it won´t hit you guys as hard as some european countries because of the sheer number of people you have.

Yeah but who is "they"? An algorithm? One person who stops updating for 8 hours when they go to sleep? A team of people?

good question. i think it is a team handling this

www.worldometers.info

Worldometer - About us

Worldometer: who we are, sources and mechanism, future projects

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
the US is a really huge country. much bigger than europe countries. everyday i look at US numbers and i am praying it won´t hit you guys as hard as some european countries because of the sheer number of people you have.

I think the sheer number of people we have is exactly why our numbers will be the highest in the world in about a week or so here. But also, on the flipside, once the recoveries start getting reported, those numbers will be massive as well.

LOCK

Oct 25, 2017
The US is at 69k cases. So close to 70k. I wonder if we make it in the next 2 hours. Shit is sad.

Not to mention we hit over 1000 deaths :(

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It's odd how quickly your mind adjusts to the new normal.

First reported case in Florida? My chest was burning from anxiety for days and now we're almost to 2k cases. I see older videos recorded with crowds and I can't help but feel a tinge of fear.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any of those people with the giant sprayers of disinfectant going around to cities in the US or is that just a non-shithole country thing?

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
The doctors, nurses, techs, etc on the front line are amazing. But I just want to cry thinking about all the cashiers, deliverymen, postal employees, etc who accidentally found themselves on the second line and will undoubtedly pay the price for it with their health.

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
The US is at 69k cases. So close to 70k. I wonder if we make it in the next 2 hours. Shit is sad.

Not to mention we hit over 1000 deaths :(
Yep, the U.S. is now the epicentre of the pandemic.

youtu.be

COVID 19 cases ( novel corona virus ) infections Bar Chart Updated 25 March

COVID 19 cases novel corona virus infections Bar Chart Updated March 25Source : WHOThe first US case of the coronavirus was reported January 21 — a Washingto...

The growth rate is insane.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I live about an hour outside NYC. Trying to figure out how paranoid I need to be about going to the grocery store tomorrow.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
A few days ago I thought the US would overtake China for the most cases by the weekend. We'll probably get it on Thursday now.
The growth rate in the US is pretty insane. If the various states don't take it seriously it will spread like wildfire.
Response levels vary a ton by state. About 50% of Americans are under stay at home orders. It's not all a blue vs red state issue, but, well, some certainly is. Even if a state did 100% Hubei-style lock down--which doesn't seem likely anywhere--2 more weeks of growth from that point is still a terrible number.