• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
ickqe.jpg

He has returned
don't you dare get my hopes up

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Wario Land game by Wayforward where you play as Captain Syrup.

Pirate Gulliver in AC New Horizons references Captain Syrup in the new update. It's all falling into place!

/s (but I want it to be real)

Witz

Nov 6, 2017
I love everyone saying StarTropics but Nintendo can't be that kind...can they?

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S
S T A R T R O P I C S

I've been saying Star Tropics for literally a decade. LET'S GOOOOOOOO!

Lyre

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2020
London
It won't be Metroid V, it's pretty obvious that's what Mercury Steam are working on.

I reckon something random like Ice Climbers

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Treehouse lives! Nintendo could stand to do more of them outside of E3. I love the in-depth conversations with the devs. The statement about WayForward though, if they're working on a 1st party franchise, I wonder what it could be. I hope it's Wario.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna make a bold guess here and say this is not Metroid given the current sensitivity of that series (at least I hope not because their Metroidvanias have usually been kind of poor)

If anything I think if it's Nintendo related, it could be Wario Land

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
Really curious about the Wayforward title. I hope it's a new Wario Land!

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Very good about Paper Mario new gameplay, it could be very important for me to decide about its purchase.
And we will also get an announcement!

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No one here had better ruin it. I don't care if you have "insider info" it's literally a day away so just keep quiet and let people find out naturally.

That said, it's absolutely the 2d metroid right? That's the only thing that makes sense.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Castlevania by WayForward is my dream game

Though the IntiCreate Bloodstained games are a suitable substitute

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it would be Metroid, they had Mercury Steam do Samus Returns and it turned out really well, so why wouldn't they have them do the next 2D game instead?

Gonna go out on a limb and say it's a Splatoon spin-off.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I don't think it's Metroid, but I do think it will be something Nintendo. Wario? Splatoon?

Kid Icarus?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Given the character designs in their games I don;t want them touching anything related to Samus like ever.

Also I'm of the opinion that the only good Metroid style game they've made is Pirate's Curse and the other Shantae games range from mediocre to just plain bad.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
So it's probably a 2D platformer...

Warioland
Metroid
Dankey Kang
Kid Icarus
?

Or it's a brand new take on something much like Cadence.. This is honestly very exciting.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
WayForward and Nintendo are such a great team-up. Really looking forward to that reveal. Also, I LOVE Treehouse! It's always fun and really hypes me up for gaming sessions. Yes, I'm excited for this!