Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Secretly praying for a WayForward-led sequel to Wario Land: Shake Dimension. Gimme that artstyle in HD plsss

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I mean... the other regions could just post a trailer on Twitter, similar to Paper Mario.

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Given that The Mummy: Demastered, Bloodstained and Shantae are all pretty much recent work of theirs in the 'metroidvania' type genre, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a 2D Metroid as much as a Zelda II. Mostly as we had Zelda LA and Cadence of Hyrule relatively recently too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thought, what if it's a Legend of the Mystical Ninja game? That'd be right in their wheelhouse

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I'd definitely see Wario Land happening before Metroid from them. Especially as 2D Metroid is still supposed to be with Mercury Steam.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm inclined to believe it's not a Nintendo franchise, since it seems like it would be announced at a direct, but at the same time it's hard not to make the connection to Metroid given the Samus helmet teasing they've been doing with their Paper Mario trailers.

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
All this Wario Land talk is just setting my hopes up, ugh. Not expecting it tomorrow because it's been YEARS but I will lose my shit if it's announced.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I would be legitly excited if Wayforward's games were more "great". They're good, but not as good as to expect they can do justice to a Nintendo franchise. None of their games i've played were a total barn burner. They are all pretty net and safe platformers. to make a good buck using a license they're ideal, but if you want really great games... They need more than time and budget.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Jeez, how much more of Paper Mario can they even show that this point?

I feel like every week that goes by that game gets more trailers or gameplay footage.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
totofogo

Here's the YT link

And countdown if you want to add it to the OP

t1594400400z4.png

gogojira

Oct 27, 2017
Paper Mario Metroid jokes + Wayforward = transition from Mario in a Samus helmet to Samus in a Samus helmet in Metroid 5. A collaboration with Sakamoto.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a while to read and realise that it's not a new franchise, but a new frachise for the developers, could be an old franchise from Nintendo. Does anyone have any idea what could it be?
F-Zero Returns SX. Or 2D Metroid!!!

Stick it into my veins.

Paper Mario stuff: I don't think I could watch the treehouse stuff. It's the type of game I'd like to be nice and fresh.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
The dream is dead.