Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Why Kirby? It already has a home with HAL Labs.

Stuff like Wario Land or even Kid Icarus make some sense because no one else is making them.

There have been Kirby games made by Flagship and Good Feel, but yes, I don't think Kirby is high on the list.

This doesn't tell us who he is. What leaks has he gotten in the past? Where are his connections from? Is he vetted by a verifiable source? (On the old place they used to vet insiders via PM, don't know if they still do that here)
There is some private vetting, but it hasn't been a guarantee.

I do think Zhuge or whoever should come on and clarify on whether or not it's a Nintendo IP being given to Wayforward, without giving away too much.

... or just wait until tomorrow.
It's nice sometimes when people don't know/spell it out weeks in advance. I'm just happy we get a nice surprise stream tomorrow without a huge buildup or "managed/unmanaged expectations"

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really suspecting that it may be a Konami IP. They seem to prefer announcing their revivals with Nintendo (Super Bomberman R and Contra: Rogue Corps).

I could go for a 2D Castlevania. Would be amazing, but I'm not expecting it to be anything major. Can't get my hopes up lol

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Shit I forgot Mummy Demastered was from them too. Umm maybe a Metroid from them wouldn't be a bad idea actually.
I'd still prefer Mercury Steam to be on that project tho.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Startropics is deader than Eternal Darkness. Why are people expecting it to be revived? There were two games and neither set the world on fire. It's dead.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
This doesn't tell us who he is. What leaks has he gotten in the past? Where are his connections from? Is he vetted by a verifiable source? (On the old place they used to vet insiders via PM, don't know if they still do that here)
Kelios works on/runs a French Pokemon website. They also got the day and date of the March 26th Direct a month before release. They likely has been vetted privately.

They don't have the "insider" history other real ones here do

Last edited:

Paper Wario

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I want a Wario Metroidvania based around treasure hunting

EDIT: I will take Wario in any form whatsoever, please!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I've been wanting a new 2D Kid Icarus for a while now and Wayforward would be a great fit.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Of course it happens on a day I work ;_;
Guess I'll read the highlights after.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Wayforward is horny and I don't care for Shantae as a concept but hand drawn Metroid sounds good.

Oct 25, 2017
il_1588xN.150909188.jpg

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's obviously a new Mario clash for the Virtual Boy 2

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that's amazing., I usually tune out after the E3 Direct and just catch any highlights on resetera. I guess I need to start tuning in to them going forward. Definitely will tomorrow!
You tune out on the best part of E3 each year? You deliberately miss DAYS of Treehouse footage each and every single year?

What are you even doing?!

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm hoping to hear more news about the Breath of the Wild sequel, on top of indie game announcements.

If there are some surprises in-store, then it would be welcomed, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

hammurabi

Oct 27, 2017
There's no guarantee that it's a nintendo IP, just a franchise that WayForward hasn't worked on previously. But being a Nintendo Stream it seems fairly likely.

wayforward specializes in 2D side scrollers.
So:

Mario (SMB, World, Land, Peach, Wario)
Zelda (II)
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Anything I'm missing?

I'd be down for all of these, but a new Mario Land would be neat

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Intriguing, but if a Direct is on the horizon I'm not sure how much should be expected here. Metroid seems too high profile (and unlikely it won't be Mercury Steam working on it). I like the thought of a Wario Land game though, and the comments about a Zelda possibility seem interesting. I haven't played any of WayForward's games so I am not sure what to expect quality-wise either but it seems like Shantae and Bloodstained are well liked.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
I mean, I'm stupid enough to believe in Metroid, but don't have guts to even think about Wario Land.
If it's a new IP I won't complain btw.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Intriguing, but if a Direct is on the horizon I'm not sure how much should be expected here. Metroid seems too high profile (and unlikely it won't be Mercury Steam working on it). I like the thought of a Wario Land game though, and the comments about a Zelda possibility seem interesting. I haven't played any of WayForward's games so I am not sure what to expect quality-wise either but it seems like Shantae and Bloodstained are well liked.
Metroid 2D is not really higher profile than Wario Land. Didn't they announce Samus Returns in a Treehouse?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if this being an NoA-specific event is a good sign for this announcement.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Intriguing, but if a Direct is on the horizon I'm not sure how much should be expected here.
The original Kelios tweet mentioned that there's a "Nintendo event" happening in July. But it didn't say it's a Nintendo Direct in July. This Treehouse Live is probably that "Nintendo event".

So we still won't get any Directs.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If it's not a Nintendo Ip(which seems more likely, could be anything but something dormant like Warioland, Kid Icarus, Advance Wars, F-Zero spin-off) it could be a situation where Nintendo partnered with them and say Konami(like Bomberman), could open things up to say Goemon

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
The original Kelios tweet mentioned that there's a "Nintendo event" happening in July. But it didn't say it's a Nintendo Direct in July. This Treehouse Live is probably that "Nintendo event".

So we still won't get any Directs.
Seemed like the tweet posted in this thread would indicate this is separate from what he was mentioning as a Nintendo direct later this month.