• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Here are the IPs the insider specifically ruled out:

- darkwing duck
- gex
- marvel
- ghouls n ghosts
- ninja turtles
- bionic commando
- metal slug
- anything sega
- silent hill 2
- ghost babel
- castlevania
- goosebumps
- wonderful 102
- splatterhouse
- klonoa
- sparkster
- earthworm jim
- ninja gaiden
- sin and punishment 3
- anything konami
- harry potter
- final fight
- epic mickey
- wacky races
- spyro
- boom blox

Sorry to ask specifically but considering there's no threadmark, which insider? What's their reliability like?

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Would be cool if Wayforward was working on Metroid. They aren't the first people I'd go to for it, but I can see them doing a good job.

Jafin

May 26, 2018
Ireland
Would be cool if Wayforward was working on Metroid. They aren't the first people I'd go to for it, but I can see them doing a good job.

Metroid is a Nintendo IP though and Nintendo themselves have said it's a third party IP. Besides, if Nintendo was going to outsource another 2D Metroid game they'd probably get Mercury Steam to do it. I think there are rumours about that actually being the case, but idk how reliable the rumours are.

Deleted member 69942

User requested account closure
Banned
May 22, 2020
Have people all ready mention Scott Pilgrim vs The World? That game is almost a decade old as well ( 10th of August 2010 was the release) plus there were some hints on the game returning.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid is a Nintendo IP though and Nintendo themselves have said it's a third party IP. Besides, if Nintendo was going to outsource another 2D Metroid game they'd probably get Mercury Steam to do it. I think there are rumours about that actually being the case, but idk how reliable the rumours are.
Ah shoot yeah, I just saw that threadmark. Could be anything then.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Not really into paper mario but i want to see wayforward game! hoping we are going to see others games from nintendo

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Forum member AniMacro. Claims to know what the game is. He has posted several times in this thread, started dropping hints on page 4. I have no idea about their reliability.

Okay so given they specifically cited this post as a good indicator and considering the list of ruled out IP:

Something released around 2011, has been in Nintendo consoles, probably more a licensed IP than proper video game franchise. That is how I interpret the hints.

What about either De Blob 3 or a new Drawn to Life?

mrfusticle

Oct 30, 2017
It might indicate, but not confirm, that there's some sort of exclusivity on it. At least timed.

Though mind you, it could also only mean that Nintendo got the marketing deal, similar to Dark Souls back then.

We germans? Laugh? Who told you this fairy tale?

;]

374476_4.jpg

Es ist ziemlich lustig

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, the more I think about it, the more Banjo-Kazooie makes sense.

A third party game that hasn't seen an installment in a decade and has some significant history on Nintendo platforms, otherwise Nintendo wouldn't spotlight it in this way.

There aren't many franchises that fit that category.

Can you imagine the backlash at Microsoft if they announce one of their most demanded franchises which has been dormant for years is being developed in a possible 2d entry by a different studio to another console?

Makes zero sense.

I mean, my gut keeps saying 'Castlevania', but my gut is always saying that so...

Given the hints, if the insider is to be believed, I am drawing a blank on what it could be. Considering everything shot down already though, my hype has gone down tremendously tbh: just about everything I could wanted was eliminated! 😭

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if it is Bionic Commando.

Had an NES game.

Had new games come out about 10 years ago.

Unique side-scroller that seems to be a perfect fit for what WayForward does.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
You are not allowed to pretend to be an insider/have info on ERA. If the user hasn't been banned then I'm sure they already showed the recepits to ERA admins/mods.

Deleted member 14377

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wayforward presents... Silent Hill. A new roguelike sequel to the vita game exclusively for the switch.

SILENT HILL IS BACK
THE RUMORS WERE TRUE

Unbura

Dec 23, 2018
We all ready for disappointment?
Mild take:
If Wayforward announced they were doing a 1st party title, and it was 2D Metroid, not Wario Land or Kid Icarus, i would be deeply dissapointed in the standpoint on them delivering quality orthordox Metroid/Metroidvania gameplay.

Surely what they're showing off soon won't be more dissapointing than that? Right?

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I do feel like it will be an underwhelming IP from a famous name. Assuming this game was always slated for a treehouse reveal pre covid it also means it didn't make it into the direct ans is a less important game

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Megaman has been ruled out cos it's just had a new entry?

Edit actually looking at Wayforwards back catalogue, could it be Mighty Switch Force?

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I am truly baffled as to what this could be. If Ani is to be believed, they've pretty much eliminated all of my potential guesses.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
GHOST OF A CHANCE

That would surprise the hell out of me

No, but I'm 100% on board for a Hangover run n gun.

NO

lol no

giphy.gif

No.

Finally Sin & Punishment 3 would be a fitting title when it's finally announced.

Already said, but no

No, but I'd love that.

Still no.

Sorry.

Would make sense. Not it though.

Sorry.

No and see below

lol

No

No, but it IS time, isn't it?

This I won't answer because it's complicated in a way that would maybe spoil it for people.

That's a fantastic summary.

And one final thing:
It's great to see Nintendo work with this guy again...if somewhat indirectly
Do you think it's an IP we'll be excited for?

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Well i have some time to spare and just googled movies from 2001, since the IP shouldn't be a game only one ... there's plenty interesting stuff.

Harry Potter, LotR, Tomb Raider, Jurassic Park 3, Zoolander, Ocean's 11. Oh and Final Fantasy.

Clearly, this means we either get a Heist game in the Ocean's Eleven universe, or Style Savvy Zoolander game.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Disney vibes from this. Maybe another deal like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 where Nintendo is the publisher.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to get a poll running in this thread, Find out who's watching this for Paper Mario stuff, and who's watching this for whatever WayForward is going to announce.

Both can be a poll option as well.

Deleted member 17388

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here are the IPs the insider specifically ruled out:

- darkwing duck
- gex
- marvel
- ghouls n ghosts
- ninja turtles
- bionic commando