Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

AaronC

Oct 29, 2017
Would have said Contra feels right but then remembered they literally made Contra 4. It felt too right!

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
According to AntiMacro, it's a series with no games in almost a decade.

So I'm going to say The Simpsons. The last Simpsons game, while still actively updating, was Tapped Out which was released on Mobile in 2012. There hasn't been a Simpsons game on consoles since 2007.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I love how people here presume there's no Direct, especially with the current rumors of a Direct happening ten days after this. Stop driveby posting this cynical shit.

Ms. Virion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Frozen Hoosier Wasteland
A new Masters of the Universe game?

There is the upcoming Netflix series and the last game in the franchise was a mobile game in 2012.

Edit - or not, I forgot about the 2016 mobile game.

Last edited:

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
This thread is wild LOL, the reaction to this not being first party is frankly a bit embarrassing.

I have absolutely no idea what the unannounced game could be, but I'll tune in and find out! No expectations from me, just good vibes ^_^

Xterrian

Apr 20, 2018
Almost a decade huh?

Would a famous twin-stick shooter series whose last game was in 2014 fit that criteria? 👀

Oct 25, 2017
Our best point of reference for what WayForward is up to is the precedent established by River City Girls.

We should be guessing on that scale: not River City specifically, but something with a similar scope, brand recognition among Nintendo audiences, and extended absence. I would be surprised if the property in question were much higher-profile than that, like an IP with an origin outside of games.

Oct 26, 2017
According to AntiMacro, it's a series with no games in almost a decade.

So I'm going to say The Simpsons. The last Simpsons game, while still actively updating, was Tapped Out which was released on Mobile in 2012. There hasn't been a Simpsons game on consoles since 2007.
Hmm, A Spiritual successor to Simpsons Arcade would be right up Wayforward's alley.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
they are not announcing a new banjo kazooie game in a treehouse stream that nobody knows about.

also is a microsoft ip.

Trelova

Banned
Apr 8, 2020
the fact that they're teasing it implies that it is a notable IP at the very least

but, this also doesn't give me the 'Direct' reveal feel, i think they're still saving proper huge reveals for the Direct.

so most likely this is something not that major or hype(Castlevania likely out) but still pretty cool

Luke88

One Winged Slayer
Dec 29, 2018
Italy
I think given their trackrecord it's more likely to be an IP from another medium rather than a videogame IP. Imagine if they did a 2D Alien game after denying it's a Metroid game.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, looking forward to that. I think a Treehouse Live is "easy" enough to do with all the streaming options. ^^

Wayforward working on a third party IP?

CASTLEVANIA!

Developed by Wayforward, directed by IGA. 2D. Make it happen.

This is a good post!

IGA left konami to make his own franchise to massive success. Even if they're making castlevania, he won't be involved.

I do eagerly await bloodstained Ritual of the night 2, which potentially will involve IGA and wayforward again though.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Oh yes please.
A 2D Deus Ex game would be such a great fit.
I know it isn't really a franchise that would receive such a treatment, but it would be awesome.
Wouldn't that be basically Dex?
Happy the new annoucement is not first party related.
Why, I would love to see what Wayforward would be able to do with a Nintendo budget.
Doesn't have to be Metroid or other prominent IPs like Zelda.
They could have revived one of their forgotten IPs.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting they're going for the treehouse presentation for showing off a new game. I love directs and I don't think these will replace them but I think treehouse will be a good place to show off new indie projects alongside big Nintendo titles.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Wouldn't that be basically Dex?

Why, I would love to see what Wayforward would be able to do with a Nintendo budget.
Doesn't have to be Metroid or other prominent IPs like Zelda.
They could have revived one of their forgotten IPs.
Because I like new ideas and I'm sick of reading everywhere only about Nintendo properties. So many people snob indie games if it's not Cadence of Hyrule.
The most fun I got in the past years were not from first party especially.
I also hope Nintendo goes into new IPs regularly.
And not just multiplayer pvp (Arms/Splatoon), even though they were clever ideas, so it's good.