What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
Y'all does Metroid Dread look good? I can't tell if we're excited

It does. Will it follow in the footsteps of "it's our anniversary so let's bring them back! (shhh let's forget the genocidal bit!)" followed only a few years later with "jk they're dead again! for real this time!"?
We're super duper excited, last I checked

Also Bad Bird for Smash

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO I say "live" because pre-rendered things can be in-engine too

I imagine we won't really have an idea until October

It would be weird for that scene to be pre-rendered when the scene with Samus getting choked by Bad Bird is clearly real time. Considering Samus presumably loses consciousness and that scene does not transition back to gameplay I mean.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bring back Crocomire or else!

Crocomire_Zeromission_Animation.gif

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The cutscenes are probably real time. There hasn't been any indication of them not being realtime

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
LMAO I say "live" because pre-rendered things can be in-engine too

I imagine we won't really have an idea until October
It is a pretty dark scene, so maybe that just hides some visual blemishes that could enable it to look like this.
I mean there's a reason Doom 3 still looks as good as it does.

Brofield

Oct 25, 2017
McDonald's Canada out here tweeting a teaser about something returning next Tuesday, and McPizza starts trending within the hour.

I think a 1-2 punch of crappy nostalgic pizza from my childhood and a Direct announcement could really kickstart the ol' serotonin factory.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
McDonald's Canada out here tweeting a teaser about something returning next Tuesday, and McPizza starts trending within the hour.

I think a 1-2 punch of crappy nostalgic pizza from my childhood and a Direct announcement could really kickstart the ol' serotonin factory.
It's the Direct

McDonald's Canada is teasing the return of the September Direct

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Can dread not just be a Metroid renaissance, but a 2D Nintendo renaissance? Really would love an original 2D Zelda and fresh 2D Mario

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Went through Umurangi Generation yesterday and Firewatch today. Good stuff.

Might finally be time to start Ys IX, I dunno.

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I will start to ignore every thread with Nintendo which aren't either this or the hardware thread. The discussion elsewhere is just annoying.

OP
OP
hologram

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
They can go to the place where the daily "BOTW is overrated" threads went.
to the magical place which some tales refer as the ignore list
Unfortunately those have migrated to the Elden Ring previews thread, since some FromSoftware diehards seem offended at the comparison to BOTW lol

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
The next 2D Mario will be in the works at EPD 10 and I'd be surprised if it's a continuation of either the "New" or "Maker" series on Switch. A revamp or next step for that aspect of Mario seems due. EPD 10 one of the three internal groups who are soon going to be about due to launch a game where we have little concrete info:

EPD 8: 3D Mario and/or DK
EPD 9: ????????
EPD 10: 2D Mario, Pikmin 4

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
When's that Mario movie coming out? I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was working on something either 2D or 3D in the background to coincide with the movie. Not saying they are directly connected or even that they releasing at the exact same time but they'll have marketing synergy with each other.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
When's that Mario movie coming out? I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo was working on something either 2D or 3D in the background to coincide with the movie. Not saying they are directly connected or even that they releasing at the exact same time but they'll have marketing synergy with each other.
2022. And yes, I'd thought there'd be a major Mario title to go along with it. Sensible bet would be on 3D Mario being ready first, given Odyssey was 2017 and the only thing EPD 8 have shipped since is Bowser's Fury, but we don't know what the situation is with EPD 8 and whether or not they're definitely also working on DK.

EPD 10 had Maker 2 out in 2019, so with Covid disruption, 2022 might be too soon for a new 2D Mario title.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Can dread not just be a Metroid renaissance, but a 2D Nintendo renaissance? Really would love an original 2D Zelda and fresh 2D Mario

2D Nintendo never died, though. 2D Zelda is alive and well, the New SMB and Mario Maker series have all been hits and there were several of them, Yoshi has had lots of games lately, Kirby is always getting new games too, and DKC has a game on the Switch and there's another one coming, most likely.

We're just missing a new Wario Land and we're golden.

1upmuffin

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I bought Skyward Sword HD, and opened the box, next step is to put the cart in my Nintendo Switch when I finish Psychonauts 2.

Also, it's been a long time since I posted a link to the NintendoEra discord, so here is one (Quote to See)
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I already felt like Dread was probably going to be my new favorite Metroid (Samus Returns already got close, the improvements Dread makes to the combat and the return of Super-style level design makes that a fairly sure bet for me), but now I'm starting to think it might have a shot at dethroning Hollow Knight as my favorite Metroidvania

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
2D Nintendo never died, though. 2D Zelda is alive and well, the New SMB and Mario Maker series have all been hits and there were several of them, Yoshi has had lots of games lately, Kirby is always getting new games too, and DKC has a game on the Switch and there's another one coming, most likely.

We're just missing a new Wario Land and we're golden.
2D Zelda has lived on a remake and reimagining for the last decade, the last New NSMB game was 2012. I don't really count mario maker as the same thing.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, we haven't had a new single player 2D Zelda since 2013, a new 2D DK since 2013, or a new 'traditional' or 'mainline' 2D Mario since 2012.

Reason to believe that'll change for Mario and DK in the next year or two, but I'm not sure about Zelda.

Status
Not open for further replies.