• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What announcement would be the most exciting to you in a September Direct?

• NSO Expansion

Votes: 257 19.0%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 338 25.0%
  • GTA Collection

Votes: 74 5.5%
  • Kirby

Votes: 62 4.6%
  • Final Smash Character

Votes: 95 7.0%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles

Votes: 441 32.6%
  • Other (please specify in comments)

Votes: 85 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NabiscoFelt

One Winged Slayer
Aug 15, 2019
I mean Nintendo announced a Direct at 12 am on a Monday. Granted, it was a Partner but still. I think Nintendo doesn't care where and when they announced a Direct.
They haven't done anything nearly as ludicrous for a General Direct though, so I'm not inclined to believe that they will.

Plus, I think they've done day-before announcements for General Directs since 2018 and I don't really see that changing this time since they did that for February's as well

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
Just shadowdrop the Castlevania Advance Collection, please.
37057-m.webp

Yeah, this checks out.

(Joking aside I REALLY hope we get the Castlevania collection soon, it's so perfect for spooky season)

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't not believe that was a troll. Just the way they snuck it in there in the OP as a "to be fair" kinda thing. Then "how could I possibly not be done, I did all the dungeons" when any normal human would've either played on immediately or googled it.

They had to have been joking.

All art is a lie, nothing is real

Sadist

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Holland
The Castlevania Advance Collection is just (rumoured) to be Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow right

SammyJ9

Dec 22, 2019
The Castlevania Advance Collection is just (rumoured) to be Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow right
I believe so, yes. Which is great, but I do hope we'll get the DS collection someday too. I think Dawn, Portrait, and Ecclesia is actually a stronger set of games even as good as Aria is. That said you really can't go wrong, they're all great games (my one possible exception being Harmony of Dissonance, that one just feels... wrong to me somehow)

Lintendo

Sep 11, 2018
Do you want fake leaks? Alright, I'll give you one hell of a fake leak. Enjoy it.

• The Direct starts with the last fighter for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate...Phoenix Wright! His moveset takes some inspiration from his appearance in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. Several alt colors inspired by Miles Edgeworth, Franziska von Karma, Apollo Justice, Athena Cykes, etc. + his outfit in Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. The trailer goes fade to black, making us believe that's it, but...
  • OBJECTION! Another trailer begins, this time for the brand new entry in the Ace Attorney franchise, the first new game since 2016 - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Crossing Resolutions. Its release window is a generic 2022
  • After a brief recap of the two reveals, in which Yoshiaki Koizumi (this Direct's host) states we're going to get a Phoenix Wright Smash Bros. presentation in "the first days of October", it's time for the first batch of headlines

• Valheim is coming to Nintendo Switch, "this Winter"
  • First footage of Diablo II: Resurrected on Nintendo Switch (fuck Blizzard)
  • Taiko no Tatsujin 20, a brand new entry to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the Taiko franchise: a record-breaking number of tracks for the base game + single player mode inspired by the portable entries and lots of online modes, coming "this Winter" (December 2nd, 2021 in Japan; potentially the same day elsewhere)
  • NIS unveil their new RPG (the one they teased with their Summer Holidays card), it releases in 2022 (Early 2022 in Japan). Also, the official reveal of the NIS Classics Volume 2, which includes Makai Kingdom too. This one releases on February 4th, 2022.
  • A small segment named "Nintendo Switch has games for everyone coming soon!" or something like that featuring: WarioWare: Get it Together!, Yu Gi Oh Master Duel, NBA 2K22, Lost in Random, Disco Elysium. The latter releases the week after the Direct
  • New content coming for Mario Golf: Super Rush - Kamek as a playable character and a course inspired by Super Mario Galaxy, as well as the expansion of options for creating rooms and inviting others / friends in online play. All coming the week after the Direct airs.
  • Brand new Kirby revealed! Kirby Galactic Dimensions, the first 3D platformer featuring Nintendo's pink ball. Local co-op is also available. It releases on February 25th, 2022
  • New trailer for Shin Megami Tensei V, showing more of Naobino's beautiful hair

• After the trailer, Koizumi says that it's time for a 6-minutes dive in Splatoon 3: we have our first look at some of the brand new weapons, the central hub, the new idols duo and some tidbits about the game's plot for the single player component that promises to be the biggest in scope yet for the franchise (even more than Octo Expansion). It releases on April 15th, 2022 but there's a surprise: the first Splatoon 3 Global Testfire will take place before the end of September! More infos coming later. After the focus on Splatoon 3, it's time for more headlines.

• A brand new entry in Square Enix's Mana franchise is unveiled, Rising of Mana - coming in "Spring 2022"
  • Atlus reveals Catherine 2 / spiritual successor to Catherine: brand new characters, new problematic relationships (hopefully no transphobia this time). Releases in "early 2022" + Catherine: Full Body is this month's free-week game for Nintendo Switch Online owners
  • Time for an update on Triangle Strategy (that's its final name): more on the game's classes, the demo's feedback and improvements as reaction, and the release date - February 11th, 2022. The "final" demo is also coming...as a shadow-drop, right after the presentation
  • Atelier Ryza 3 is announced! Releasing in March 2022
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons' producer Hisashi Nogami details the upcoming major update for the game, while thanking players for their patience: Brewster, jobs for villagers, several returning objects and more! The update won't be available until November, but they wanted to share the news as soon as possible as an apology for the silence of the past few months, while reassuring that more content is being worked on and we won't have to wait long to know more.
  • A small segment named "Zombies, everywhere" featuring: Dying Light Platinum Edition (releasing in October), World War Z (November 2nd) and Evil Dead: The Game (February 2022), but the segment ends with "Also, speaking of zombies..."
  • The screen fades to black and then a new, mysterious trailer starts, with the "Capcom" logo appearing a few seconds in. This is the reveal trailer for Resident Evil: Outrage, coming as a timed Switch exclusive in "Spring 2022" (after March)

• Time for Koizumi to talk about the brand new addition to the Nintendo Switch Online service: Game Boy and Game Boy Color. Alongside the features already present for NES and SNES games, the GB / GBC app allows to switch on the fly from Game Boy-mode to Super Game Boy-mode for the supported games. The first games coming to the service include Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2, Link's Awakening DX, Metroid II, Donkey Kong '94, X, Gargoyle's Quest. The new service starts the day after the presentation. Then, it's time for the final batch of headlines

• First trailer for the second part of the Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass, showing off most of its content and reconfirming the November release date
  • For its 25h Anniversary, SEGA is bringing Shin Sakura Wars Deluxe to Nintendo Switch, an expanded version of the PS4 game that includes content inspired by the anime. It releases in early 2022
  • Brand new trailer for Rune Factory 5, which finally gets a release date for the West: March 1st, 2022
  • GungHo (they made Ninjala) shows their new major project, which is once again a Switch console exclusive. Coming in 2022
  • Over 1 minute dedicated to Advance Wars: 1+2 Reboot Camp, showing off more of the second game and the return of the Map Editor
  • Surprise: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker 2 is happening. This time you can freely choose between Captain Toad and Captain Toadette from the start, and this time you can create and share your own levels as well! It releases on February 18th, 2022.
  • The Knights of the Old Republic remake by Aspyr is finally confirmed and gets its first trailer, with a generic 2022 release window. Also short reminder of the retail release of older Star Wars games thanks to THQ Nordic (fuck THQ Nordic)
  • Segment dedicated to "Fan favorites coming to Nintendo Switch": Nier: Automata (releasing on November 26th, 2021), Nier: Replicant (early 2022), Hack.//G.U. Last Recode (November 19th, 2021), Klonoa Encore (December 10th, 2021), Epic Mickey Re:painted (December 3rd, 2021), Persona 4 The Golden (January 15th, 2022)

• Before ending the Direct, Koizumi has two more pieces of news to share. First of all, Bayonetta 3 finally reappears. This time we see actual gameplay, with the promise that we'll see way more in the next future. And a generic 2022 release date. And then, the final announcement of the day: Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - featuring a brand new cast but also returning characters from previous games in the series. Set in the far future, the biggest Xenoblade yet scope-wise. You can pilot mechs as well this time. The trailer ends with the game's release date - March 25th, 2022

Il take that please ☝🏼 So its Finally Direct Time huh?

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Harmony of Dissonance is amusingly one of the only Castlevania games I like. SOTN is the other. I've tried a bunch of them. The sense of speed and the sprite size of HOD just add a lot to me.

Games like Aria of Sorrow feel too slow and zoomed out.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember enjoying the GBA CVs for the most part but I definitely prefer the DS entries on the strength of Order of Ecclesia alone, which is also my favourite CV game period. Hopefully that's next.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll be able to get off work if it is Wednesday 😬 first general direct I will have missed live in…. YEARS really. Since E3 2013 :(

I'll have to find a way to sneak it

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Morning, anything i've missed over the weekend? I see on this page there's some "hard" Direct this week talk?

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
It's both a handheld and a console. The idea that those have to be two different things is outmoded. It's just like how a Microsoft Surface is a tablet and a laptop.

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
Yeah, I think it should be clear that it's both. That's why so many people are unhappy about it! :-D

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
It's fun to think about though: Is a licensed game still a "first party game"?
Mario + Rabbids gets past that because Nintendo are publishing both themselves in Japan.

I like to count Mario & Sonic 2020 as a first party game despite Nintendo not publishing it though. Same for Pokémon Unite and Cruis'n. Maybe Pac-Man 99 and the Switch port of Fatal Frame if i'm feeling generous.

Jan 26, 2019
Alright, this might very well be the week but obviously isn't so reposting the updated prediction list. Team Boring is looking stronger than ever before but is there an upset on the cards?

September 7th (Team Tuesday!)
-Josh5890

September 8th (Team Boring)
-Starphanluke
-TheGamingNewsGuy
-Raccoon
-Homura
-Dragoncaine
-LukasManak22
-SammyJ9
-SpringwoodSlasher
-Skipper93653
-Dekuman
-Ibrahim
-Sadist
-maidhhc
-hologram
-carlosfilho
-Lelouch0612

September 9th (Team Good Vibes)
-Suswave
-MG12
-hergipotter

September 15th (Team C.R.E.A.M)
-MissingNo.
-prizna
-Brofield
-indospot
-Doctor Phishshoe
-Catalyst
-Estizzle
-Ratanplang17
-storres
-ozeiyo

September 16th (Team Platy)
-Platy

September 22nd (Team Obviously Correct)
-Chaotic Neutral
-Sknygy
-mazi
-Forkball
-TreIII

September 29th (Team Gravijah)
-Gravijah

October 14th (Team Brave)
-delete12345
-Norsuchamp

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Never expect a Direct the first weeks of a month, it isn't going to be good for your mental health. Choose last weeks and if it's announced earlier, it'll be a welcome surprise.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
So a month ago Nintendo deleted the August 8th 2018 Smash Direct, making a lot of people think a Smash Direct was coming very soon.. which didn't happen.
I was thinking that maybe we all got it backwards. Nintendo deleted the Direct not for an upcoming August Direct... but because they planned an Direct on the 8th.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Mario + Rabbids gets past that because Nintendo are publishing both themselves in Japan.

I like to count Mario & Sonic 2020 as a first party game despite Nintendo not publishing it though. Same for Pokémon Unite and Cruis'n. Maybe Pac-Man 99 and the Switch port of Fatal Frame if i'm feeling generous.

Wish the gaming industry was more transparent when it comes to the financial side. Then again, it's probably just lead to more console warring.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ooo, I didn't look at Mochi's Japanese tweets. Context for the Switch poll:

Maybe the same dumb arguments that happen on Era about the Japanese market happen with developers. They're concerned about the home console market disappearing in Japan but Switch doesn't count because it's a portable.

Status
Not open for further replies.