• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tebunker

Oct 25, 2017
for US Owners Newegg has a deal buy $50 in eshop get $10 which is pretty solid almost 17% off $60 total

nevermind already sold out!

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Of course, there is a separate thread to hype it... I mean, discuss it, but a Nintendo Direct has just been announced:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...-with-news-on-fire-emblem-three-houses.99184/

I'm a big Fire Emblem fan but I still can't get over that subtitle, it's so clunky and boring. A megaton for me would be if they announced that they changed it. lol

Really crossing my fingers for any news on Super Crush KO. It's been nearly half a year since Vertex Pop revealed it but there's been almost nothing since.

And as always I'll be disappointed for the hundredth time with no new F-Zero, as is tradition.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a big Fire Emblem fan but I still can't get over that subtitle, it's so clunky and boring. A megaton for me would be if they announced that they changed it. lol

I see so much mocking of Three Houses' title, and I really don't get it. It's meant to evoke a Game of Thrones-style struggle between noble houses, which is a lot more descriptive and intriguing to me than the vague "Awakening" or "Fates."

Gricean

Aug 30, 2018
How's the port? I was about to make that purchase when I read something about long input delays, even in menus, but I would love for that not to be true.
I haven't experienced anything significant, certainly not anything game-breaking. I'm a bit hesitant to say there are no issues because I do not own the PC version, so I can't say comparatively, and I am currently experiencing joycon drift, so I have noticed issues relating to that. Need to get my left joycon cleaned up. Overall the game has run smoothly for me, though the vibration when the rain falls gets extremely annoying. I'm considering turning it off.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I see so much mocking of Three Houses' title, and I really don't get it. It's meant to evoke a Game of Thrones-style struggle between noble houses, which is a lot more descriptive and intriguing to me than the vague "Awakening" or "Fates."

"Three Houses" is just the blandest of the bland IMO. All of the English FE subtitles up to now have been on point:

• Sacred Stones
• Path of Radiance
• Radiant Dawn
• Shadow Dragon
• Awakening
• Fates
• Shadows of Valentia

Awakening and Fates are arguably the weakest of the lot, but at least the former fits with the franchise's "awakening" as a major Nintendo IP while the latter has alliteration and rolls off the tongue.

But really, it's all subjective. Different opinions and all that. :)

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I'm a big Fire Emblem fan but I still can't get over that subtitle, it's so clunky and boring.

If your major concern at this point is the name, I'm honestly asking myself if you have looked to the trailer :)

They have completely changed the traditional battle system, and now you're not controlling separate units, but armies of units.

Personally, I'm worried of seeing one of these 'Paper Mario Sticker Star' experiments, overhauling all the established conventions in an IP.

Still, I have faith in Intelligent Systems.

They still need to make a bad strategy game.

Even the overlooked 'Code Name S.T.E.A.M.' is for me the more fascinating new IP created by Nintendo in the last decade.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
If your major concern at this point is the name, I'm honestly asking myself if you have looked to the trailer :)

They have completely changed the traditional battle system, and now you're not controlling separate units, but armies of units.

Personally, I'm worried of seeing one of these 'Paper Mario Sticker Star' experiments, overhauling all the established conventions in an IP.

Still, I have faith in Intelligent Systems.

They still need to make a bad strategy game.

Even the overlooked 'Code Name S.T.E.A.M.' is for me the more fascinating new IP created by Nintendo in the last decade.

Oh, believe me, my disappointment for Three Houses goes beyond just the name. I'm also worried about that Langrisser-esque battalion change they seem to be going for. Not to mention the lackluster visuals we've seen so far. Couple those factors with the inevitable season pass (or two) and I haven't been this unenthusiastic about a new Fire Emblem game before this one. I guess my expectations were sky high after the hundreds of millions Intelligent Systems has been raking in from Heroes, a game I've been playing daily for the past two years.

Of course we still know so little about this thing that I'm totally open to change my opinion, and it's actually encouraging that we haven't seen anything since last year's E3. Hopefully tomorrow's Direct will serve as a sort of soft reintroduction and help ease some of my concerns...

Layth

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how recent this update is but Debris Infinity has been updated to include different UI options and an easy mode. It's a fun twin stick shooter high score chasing game that is similar to Geometry Wars.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The English subtitle is bad compared with the Japanese subtitle. The latter is so poetic and beautiful yet the former is generic as fuck.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Just for curiosity, what's a more accurate English translation for the Japanese title?

I don't know Japanese, and now I'm intrigued.
Here is my post on the Japanese title:
The Japanese name of this new FE is incredible: ファイアーエムブレム 風花雪月
Direct translation of 風花雪月 is "Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon". It is originally from Chinese, directly referring to how beautiful nature is. It can also mean "love" (positive) or "extravagant lifestyle" (negative).
I am no professional translator, so I will save my take on trying to come up with a English name lol. Judging from the reveal trailer, the narrator (most likely Edelgard) has certain affection towards her instructor (ie. protagonist), so I guess the Japanese subtitle may be referring to her. Of course, I can be wrong on the plot because we nearly know nothing about it. Anyway, I would have preferred something similar to the faire of Japanese subtitle instead of straight up "Three Houses".

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Here is my post on the Japanese title:

I am no professional translator, so I will save my take on trying to come up with a English name lo. Judging from the reveal trailer, the narrator (most likely Edelgard) has certain affection towards her instructor (ie. protagonist), so I guess the Japanese subtitle may be referring to her. Of course, I can be wrong on the plot because we nearly know nothing about it. Anyway, I would have preferred something similar to the faire of Japanese subtitle instead of straight up "Three Houses".

Yes, absolutely. Localization dropped the ball here, what a shame. :/

More analysis on the Japanese title for those interested.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I bite the bullet with 'Paladin', (not confuse this with 'Paladins').

Great twin stick shooter with a 'Defender' layout in the vein of 'Resogun' and 'Graceful Explosion Machine'.

It has online leaderboards and its level of psychedelia and neonsish visuals are on point.

A lot of game modes, every one with individual leaderboards.

Great progression system in its adventure mode, very friendly for beginners with its checkpoint system, adjustable difficulty settings and a nice upgrade system.

And with fucking GIGANTIC bosses, that is always a plus in a 'Defender' clone.

And of course, with an incendiary and adrenaline-pumping electro-techno soundtrack.

The references of the game are also on point: Llamasoft, Eugene Jarvis, Rob Fearon and Binary Zoo appear in the special thanks section of the credits. All the usual suspects of the Atari-infused arcade scene.

I think that Hispanicguy will enjoy this game A LOT.

By the way, the game starts with a really small screen size in portable mode, and a big margin in the screen. But this can be changed in the menu my pressing the Y button.

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018

Great twin stick shooter with a 'Defender' layout in the vein of 'Resogun' and 'Graceful Explosion Machine'.

It has online leaderboards and its level of psychedelia and neonsish visuals are on point.

Great progression system in its adventure mode, very friendly for beginners with its checkpoint system, adjustable difficulty settings and a nice upgrade system.

And of course, with an incendiary and adrenaline-pumping electro-techno soundtrack.

The references of the game are also on point: Llamasoft, Eugene Jarvis, Rob Fearon and Binary Zoo appear in the special thanks section of the credits. All the usual suspects of the Atari-infused arcade scene.

By the way, the game starts with a really small screen size in portable mode, and a big margin in the screen. But this can be changed in the menu my pressing the Y button.

Am intrigued by this. Got it on wishlist at present. May pick it up once a few backlog games have been cleared. Any multiplayer modes?

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Am intrigued by this. Got it on wishlist at present. May pick it up once a few backlog games have been cleared. Any multiplayer modes?

Nope, no multiplayer modes, without using a split-screen configuration, this doesn't work well in a 'Defender' clone in which you can scroll to the left or the right of the scenario.

And this game runs at 60 FPS with a lot of shit and explosions on screen, it's made in a custom engine instead of using Unity or GameMaker.

But you can compete with your friends online, to obtain the best high-score :)

I think that 'Debris Infinity', other great twin-stick in Switch, offers local multiplayer modes.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

This looks awesome, Epilexia, I'll get It as soon as there is a sale. Thanks!

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

I love that you know me, haha.

Very interested and will download now. Thanks for the heads up and the impressions.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have any impressions for Liar Princess? Thinking of dropping some money on the physical while it's up on Amazon.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018

I think that @Hispanicguy will enjoy this game A LOT.
Oh, man, this looks right up my wheelhouse -- if I were twenty years younger and my reflexes haven't atropied too much, anyway...

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I introduce you to 'Percy's Predicament Deluxe'.

Look at this icon, at this typography:

SQ_NSwitchDS_PercysPredicamentDeluxe.jpg

It's a book definition of amateurish graphic design.

But then, look at an image of the game:

NSwitchDS_PercysPredicamentDeluxe_04.jpg

And look at the trailer of the Wii U version:

So this is a damn 'Super Monkey Ball' clone.

But instead of a monkey, there is a penguin inside the ball. And instead of bananas, you're collecting fishes.

According to the eShop, it has 100 levels.

Yeah, the graphics are atrocious, the UI will end with your will to live.

But serious question, specially if anyone has played the Wii U version.

How is the level design?

If it's good enough, I'm fine paying 5 bucks to fulfill my desperate anxiety for a new 'Super Monkey Ball'.

And I will not judge a book by its cover.

I'm fine with playing 'Super Penguin Ball', while I collect stinky fishes.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I introduce you to 'Percy's Predicament Deluxe'.

Look at this icon, at this typography:

SQ_NSwitchDS_PercysPredicamentDeluxe.jpg

It's a book definition of amateurish graphic design.

But then, look at an image of the game:

NSwitchDS_PercysPredicamentDeluxe_04.jpg

And look at the trailer of the Wii U version:

So this is a damn 'Super Monkey Ball' clone.

But instead of a monkey, there is a penguin inside the ball. And instead of bananas, you're collecting fishes.

According to the eShop, it has 100 levels.

Yeah, the graphics are atrocious, the UI will end with your will to live.

But serious question, specially if anyone has played the Wii U version.

How is the level design?

If it's good enough, I'm fine paying 5 bucks to fulfill my desperate anxiety for a new 'Super Monkey Ball'.

And I will not judge a book by its cover.

I'm fine with playing 'Super Penguin Ball', while I collect stinky fishes.

I was talking to my friends just yesterday about Monkey Ball. How I long so hard for a new one.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
If there's a non-indie shadow drop it better be Resident Evil 0/1 or 4. The world needs portable RE4.

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
I was talking to my friends just yesterday about Monkey Ball. How I long so hard for a new one.

In the eShop you have 'Marble It Up!' which is a a great rolling ball game, made by the creators of the iconic 'Marble Blast Ultra' in Xbox 360.

And that's the problem. While I adore 'Marble Blast Ultra', it has a completely different flavor and feeling in the controls to 'Super Monkey Ball'.

None other rolling ball game plays and feels like 'Super Monkey Ball'.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
In the eShop you have 'Marble It Up!' which is a a great rolling ball game, made by the creators of the iconic 'Marble Blast Ultra' in Xbox 360.

And that's the problem. While I adore 'Marble Blast Ultra', it has a completely different flavor and feeling in the controls to 'Super Monkey Ball'.

None other rolling ball game plays and feels like 'Super Monkey Ball'.

Yeah I played through Marble It Up again last week because of the new levels being released. I had a fun time with it, but it's far too short, and it's not Rachem.. I mean Monkey Ball.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
[
Are you f***ing kidding me? O_o Not about being Italian XD but living in Tenerife…

why is that? What's weird about living in Tenerife? lol

More Japanese doujin studios of the PC scene, continue arriving to Switch.

This is pretty big news, as it's the most well known and important doujin circle in Western countries, Astro Port:

'Gigantic Army', a spiritual successor to 'Cybernator' ('Assault Suits Valken' in Japan), is coming to Switch this 21th February.

Yep can't wait! Love the Assault Suit saga but the last game (PS4/Steam) didn't do anything for me because I hated the gfx style. Gigantic Army always looked like I wanted a new Assault Suit Walken to look like!

that looks great and I am now tempted

Uh there are a ton of posts in this thread on both and last months thread as well as steam reviews and reviews in general.

I think on average people want different control schemes for Oniken and maybe Odallus. I played both on Pc. Solid games and generally fun. Odallus was getting confused as a Castlevania homage when in reality its not.

I thought Odallus is the better lf the two

They just announced that both games have a patch coming "soon" with customizable controls, filter on/off, bugs, fixed grammar and so on. :)

Primate Ryan

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the first world of The King's Bird.

I really love the momentum-based platforming in this game, but I can't really recommend buying it on Switch. It has some serious performance problems and now some of the levels won't load for me (stuck during loading).

Buy it on Steam or possibly one of the other platforms.

Django.Mango

Jan 31, 2018
I had no idea Stardew Valley is that good/addictive. The performance could be better (docked) here and there, but thats it. About 15 hours into the game and i am completely satisfied with this kind of a Rune Factory substitution. Feels good.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hahahaha, nothing wrong at all, it's just that I didn't expect to find a fellow tinerfeño around here (in case I wasn't clear, I'm from, and live, in Tenerife)… ;)

NO FUCKING WAY 😶

Now I know who to blame when I can't find the games I wanted on the rare occasion I go shopping instead of e-shopping!

Are we friends on Switch? I think we are cause you keep popping up on my Horizon Chase's leaderboards 😬
I'll take this to PM.

Oh, it is. It's a nice little beautiful and quiet place to live :) Glad you liked it!

Especially since today it's 31°, mid-February... all that while my parents and friends suffer cold & snow in Italy 😜

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Does anyone know when Olliolli: Switch Stance will be unlocked/downloadable on the eshop? Release is 14.02.19, so tomorrow, but does this mean its unlocked at midnight ?