• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_Bubbles

Jan 28, 2018
Yeah Dotemu is pretty spotty normally, but the Switch version of Windjammers is the same as the Vita and PS4 ones, which were virtually flawless as far as I remember. And there's 0 chance we're getting an ACA release anyway, so yeah.
Thanks, on my wishlist it goes. Why is there 0% chance though, if both are on PSN?

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
I'm against folders, because they require some extra work on my part, and I'm a lazy consumer.

But why the hell we can't have a damn search option in the screen displaying all the icons?

Sometimes, finding an old game is a hellish experience.

Not willing to organize games into folders one time.

Willing to search for a game every time.

58d3d0799db0d.image.png

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Has anyone tried the Commander Keen game yet? I may pick it up for nostalgia's sake provided there are no major issues with it.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Is that UK sale coming to us/Canada?
I wanna grab one of the street fighters

Also thinking about rain world but the reviews are scaring me , though I've heard great things about it

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oops :) It appears I mistook Windjammers as one of the dual releases on both ACA and another publisher on PS4, such as Garou, Last Blade 2 and Metal Slug 3. Still not sure there is 0% chance though, because of these other releases.

Ah, yeah. I don't expect ACA to get the Windjammers license at this point. Especially with WindJammers 2 coming out.
The current release of Windjammers is great though, and has online (dead) multiplayer. Something I wish ACA would offer!

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
While it is pretty simple overall, there is so much damn charm in Away.

It also has some of the most stylistic non-abstract 3D graphics and effects I've seen in a while. Oh and tha animation is superb (which makes a ton of sense since the animation was so well done in The Next Penelope).

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Since this is a general eshop thread, I was wondering if anyone has had the chance to try Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn's demo on the OG 2DS. I don't have a new 2DS but I love this game. At the same time, some of these games have had really bad performance issues (lookin' at you, Hyrule Warriors Legends). How does the performance feel? Do we know framerates?

Epilexia

Jan 27, 2018
Well, I played a couple of levels of 'Tangledeep' last night, and started to scratch its surface.

I can say two things about the game.

It's a love letter to RPGs in general, taking elements from 'Final Fantasy V', 'Secret of Mana', the town management seen in 'Shiren the Wanderer', but also from western roguelikes and CRPGs. It's incredibly ambitious for a game made by a single creator, full of charm and great ideas. And I think that it plays a lot of right notes as to be enjoyed by a broad public, specially those nostalgic of the JRPGS in the SNES era.

But I also need to say that it has been a disappointing game for me. Because it's a great JRPG, but not a very good roguelike. Indeed, I don't know if his creator doesn't fully understand the genre, or more probably, he has intentionally made tons of concessions to make the game accessible for a casual public, normally not interested in roguelikes.

There is an important thing to note at this point: the game has zero of 'Shiren the Wanderer', or any Japanese roguelike using the layout of the Chunsoft games.

The only thing in which resembles 'Shiren the Wanderer' is in the structure of the town.

And it stops here. There are so many elements tied to the spirit and balance of the Japanese roguelikes, that are ignored in this game.

'Shiren the Wanderer' and the tens of Japanese doujin games imitating its structure, normally rely in a map with a lot of small rooms interconnected by long corridors.

Thanks to this structure, they have a survival horror approach. In the sense that sometimes, the only way to survive is running from the monsters by studying the structure of hallways.

Other example is that the walls don't serve to block diagonal attacks, which is one the pillars of the combat strategy in Japanese roguelikes.

The combat in 'Tangledeep' is set instead on a big open structure, being more close to something like 'Tales of Maj'Eyal'.

You can grind objects and upgrades through the town, but there is not a pot system, which was one the most satisfactory award-risk mechanics in 'Shiren the Wanderer'. And in this game it's managed in a much more casual way, opening portals to temporary travel to the town.

Once you have explored the map, all the enemies will appear located as red points. Other element that empties the game of emotion or risk.

Well, I can live if this game is more a western roguelike, instead of a Japanese one.

But maybe it's more accurate to say that this is a mixture of different JRPG systems, like a combat taking clues from 'Secret of Mana', a job class system taken from 'Final Fantasy V', monster breeding elements taken from 'Pokèmon', the town structure from 'Shiren the Wanderer', the items worlds from 'Disgaea'... but played with the turn based control system of a roguelike, and with map layouts close to western roguelikes.

This sounds so delicious on the paper. But here comes the major problem of the game, specially for a game that is marketed as a roguelike.

The game is too damn easy.

So ridiculous easy that it's almost impossible to die.

Indeed, the game is not intended to be played with the typical structure of a roguelike by dying a lot to learn things, and then use this knowledge to try to reach a lower floor in the dungeon.

The game is intended to be enjoyed like a time consuming JPRG through tens of hours, packed with an insane amount of content.

I have read negative reviews in Steam, of people having being able to complete this in his first try, playing in hardcore difficulty, without dying a single time.

For me, part of the pleasure and joy of a roguelike consists in dying a lot. In the risk-reward mechanic. In knowing that a single mistake even in the first flor, will cause a death. In a sense of pressure which is close to the survival horror genre, and which is a defining aspect of the dungeon crawling genre.

So if you are looking for a true 'Shiren the Wanderer' clone with a great balance, 100% loyal to the Japanese principles of the genre but also throwing a few fresh ideas to make the combat more compelling, 'Dragong Fang Z' is still the roguelike to go in Switch. A damn masterpiece that doesn't receive enough love.

But if you are looking instead for a immersive and chilly JRPG packed with content, in which spend tens of hours absorbed by a lot of brilliant mechanics, and you prefer easy and accesible JRPGs... If you're not the type of psychopath playing 'Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne' in the hardest difficulty level... this game is still one of the greatest on the Switch catalogue.

It's as good as 'Stardew Valley', and it scratches a similar itch.

Week February 07th
OP
OP
tolkir

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Full week on eShop:

NA PR, Sales
EU PR, Sales
JP Article

- Games
  • Away: Journey to the Unexpected - Playdius/Plug In Digital - $16.99/€16.99 - 6.0 GB
  • Riot: Civil Unrest - Merge Games - $19.99/€19.99 (Launch sale: $16.99/€16.99) - 1.3 GB
  • Evoland: Legendary Edition - Shiro Games - $19.99/€19.99 - 967 MB
  • Defense Grid 2 - Hidden Path Ent. - $19.99/€16.79 - 770 MB
  • Reverie: Sweet As Edition - Rainbite - $12.99/€12.99 - 283 MB
    awayjourneytotheunexp5bkwv.jpg
    riot-civilunrestxljp2.jpg
    evolandlegendaryeditigmkhx.jpg
    defensegrid2n0kbf.jpg
    reveriesweetaseditionmvj9i.jpg
  • Oniken: Unstoppable Edition - Digerati - $9.99/€9.99 (Launch sale: $7.99/€7.99) - 60 MB
  • Odallus: The Dark Call - Digerati - $11.99/€11.99 (Launch sale: $9.59/€9.59) - 59 MB
  • City of Brass - Uppercut Games - $19.99/€14.99 - 1.4 GB
  • Glass Masquerade - Digerati - $11.99/€11.99 (Launch sale: $9.59/€9.59) - 503 MB
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - THQ Nordic - $29.99/€29.99 - 6.3 GB
    onikenhgkxe.jpg
    odallus17jt5.jpg
    cityofbrass3dj66.jpg
    glassmasqueradeh0jsg.jpg
    thebookofunwrittentalohkng.jpg
  • Magic Scroll Tactics - Mediascape - $11.99/€9.99 - 426 MB
  • Observer - Bloober Team - $29.99/€29.99 - 18 GB
  • Solstice Chronicles: MIA - Circle Ent. - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $13.49/€13.49) - 2.0 GB
  • The Stillness of the Wind - Fellow Traveller - $12.99/€11.49 (Launch sale: $11.04/€9.76) - 736 MB
  • Sky Gamblers: Afterburner - Atypical Games - $19.99/€16.99 - 2.4 GB
    magicscrolltactics3nk43.jpg
    observerlpj99.jpg
    solsticechroniclesmianyjid.jpg
    thestillnessofthewindfgjio.jpg
    skygamblers-afterburnfikow.jpg
  • Puzzle Bobble 2 - NeoGeo - Taito/Hamster Co. - $7.99/€6.99
  • Commander Keen in Keen Dreams - Love Wolf Technology - $9.99/€9.99 - 45 MB
  • Pumped BMX Pro - Curve Digital - $14.99/€14.99 (Launch sale: $11.99/€11.99) - 2.7 GB
  • Pocket Academy - Kairosoft - $12.00/€10.00 - 194 MB
  • Estiman - Arts Alliance - $1.99/€1.99 - 140 MB
    acaneogeopuzzlebobblexnkrt.jpg
    commanderkeeninkeendrc4kql.jpg
    pumpedbmxprofijd2.jpg
    pocketacademyeakh9.jpg
    estiman1wjpj.jpg
  • Kyub - NextNinja - $5.00/€4.00 - 816 MB
  • Surfingers - Forever Ent. - €4.99 (Launch sale: €2.49) - 206 MB *EU*
  • Mercury Race - Herrero - $7.99/€7.99 - 671 MB
  • Gnomes Garden: New Home - 8Floor Games - $4.99/€4.99 - 353 MB
  • Mimic Hunter - Angry Cat - $4.99/€4.99 - 436 MB
    kyubwkkl1.jpg
    surfingersx4jv8.jpg
    mercuryracegkj1r.jpg
    gnomesgardennewhome7gjlh.jpg
    mimichunternwjeb.jpg
  • Avenger Bird - Ultimate Games - $2.30/€1.99 - 144 MB
  • The Rainsdowne Players - $3.99/€3.29 (Launch sale: $2.67) - 72 MB
  • The Path of Motus - Michael Hicks - $14.99/€11.99 - 622 MB
  • Ping Pong Trick Shot Evolution - Starsign - $4.99/€4.99 - 220 MB
  • Warhammer Quest - Chilled Mouse - €24.99 - 629 MB *EU*
    avengerbird2uj5s.jpg
    therainsdowneplayers45jsk.jpg
    thepathofmotusllkp0.jpg
    pingpongtrickshotevols6koe.jpg
    warhammerquestwmj01.jpg
  • Blazblue CentralFiction Special Edition - PQube - $49.99/€39.99 - 11.7 GB
  • Monster Energy Supercross: The Official Videogame 2 - Milestone - $59.99/€59.99 - 4.1 GB
  • Access Denied - Ratalaika Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Launch sale: $3.99/€3.99) - 131 MB
  • Doom & Destiny - Heartbit - $11.99/€11.99 - 486 MB
  • Stunt Kite Party - HandyGames - $9.99/€9.99 - 902 MB
    blazbluecentralfictiowljkq.jpg
    monsterenergysupercrotwjve.jpg
    accessdenied9ckp0.jpg
    doomdestinyydkq8.jpg
    stuntkiteparty3wjp3.jpg
  • Food Truck Tycoon - Baltoro Games - $4.99/€4.99 (Preorder sale: $3.49/€3.49) - 100 MB
  • 99 Moves - EnjoyUp Games - $2.99/€2.99 - 121 MB
  • Pizza Parking - I.V.O Games - €3.99 - 256 MB *EU*
  • Percy's Predicament Deluxe - $5.99/€5.25 - 620 MB
    foodtrucktycoonvkjoh.jpg
    99movestlj3z.jpg
    pizzaparking9rjpf.jpg
    percyspredicamentdelub5jrr.jpg

- DLC
  • Zaccaria Pinball - Magic Pixel
    07 - Zaccaria Remake Table Pack 2 - $14.99/€14.99

- Late regional releases
  • Magic Nations - PrimeBit Games - $3.00 - 231 MB *NA*

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think the issue with Tangledeep and a more lenient difficulty is that the job system offers so much character progression that making it a traditionally hard roguelike just wouldn't work. The stakes involved in dying in this game are significantly higher than in Shiren, where you "only" lose your possessions and death is presented as an inevitable part of the equation precisely because it isn't that big of a deal.

In Tangledeep you essentially lose the big majority of the progress you made in those 10 hours or so (or effectively all of it if you're playing in the highest difficulty).

I do think the game should pull its guns earlier in the story tho, seeing as I only started feeling seriously challenged near the very end, but then again I'm experienced in the genre and I expect newcomers to have a harder time.

As a tip to enhance the challenge tho, you can always open all pandora's boxes you come across and tackle higher level item worlds. Still if I'll give something to the game is that it has great boss battles for the genre; I'm pretty impressed with them.

ANYWAY, I started a new character as a hunter and I've been having a blast. I'm using a legendary bow I found and stored with my first character and playing with one of my captured animals, which works great with a long ranged based class.
Thanks, on my wishlist it goes. Why is there 0% chance though, if both are on PSN?
Others already responded, but my two cents: Dotemu wanted to capitalize on the cult following the game gained in recent years and got the license to make the title's comeback a big deal as far as their releases go, even announcing it at a big event (I forgot if it was Sony's E3 or PSX). So I really doubt they didn't make sure something else wouldn't steal their thunder with another re-release. In that sense, I don't think this is in a similar spot as say Metal Slug, where SNK just makes sure to make it available for as many platforms as possible either themselves or via third parties.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys I'm looking for (more) impressions on both game AND performance for:

•RIOT Civil Unrest: is the gameplay meaningful/captivating?

•OBSERVER: Have no idea if this game's good but I'm pretty dubious the eShop trailer truthfully shows Switch "gameplay", impressions?

•X-Morph Defense (edit: wait it's not out yet lol, but trailer looked great and reviews are good... performance was AWFUL on PS4 tho with crashes, minutes long loadings and bugs so I hope someone properly reviews the Switch port)

OT:
Damn I really hope Puzzle Bobble 2's price is not indicative of Hamster's ACA new prices for the SA eShop... 😭

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
ANYWAY, I started a new character as a hunter and I've been having a blast. I'm using a legendary bow I found and stored with my first character and playing with one of my captured animals, which works great with a long ranged based class.
Ha, I started a new character this morning and it's also a hunter using a legendary bow I had found on my first run.

I think Epilexia 's post makes a lot of good points; while I've played a handful of western roguelikes I don't really have any experience with Shiren or the Mystery Dungeon stuff. It certainly seems like it's the case where this is not a game where you aim to get further and further each time by learning more about how the game works, it really is more of a straight RPG applied to roguelike mechanics. I also had noticed that most of the floors are large open fields or densely packed rooms, to the point where I haven't really been giving much consideration to the spatial component of the game outside of a few particularly tricky combat situations and bosses (which have definitely been the combat highlights so far). I'd be interested to see this game's mechanics with the corridor stuff you described.
The difficulty curve definitely is a bit odd, and, with the way the healing systems work, it does sort of feel like the only way you can really die is getting stuck in a situation where you're being dealt way more damage than you can heal per turn, and I really had no significant challenge in the game until after the third boss.
In any case, I'm looking forward to continuing to play and hopefully trying a few more of the character classes at least.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
•OBSERVER: Have no idea if this game's good but I'm pretty dubious the eShop trailer truthfully shows Switch "gameplay", impressions?
Will be buying it tomorrow (one of my daughters stole my Switch for a Smash tournament at a friend's house), hopefully will get to play then, but I am not the most discerning person regarding frame rates and such, so... .
What I do know is that while Metacritic average for PC was "only" 78, it did get 90 at the time from Destructoid, Gamespot and Game Informer among others, for what it's worth.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Will be buying it tomorrow (one of my daughters stole my Switch for a Smash tournament at a friend's house), hopefully will get to play then, but I am not the most discerning person regarding frame rates and such, so... .
What I do know is that while Metacritic average for PC was "only" 78, it did get 90 at the time from Destructoid, Gamespot and Game Informer among others, for what it's worth.

Please do share impressions even if you're no tech head :)

But I want Guerrilla War instead :(
Was IW in the SNK collection? If yes maybe there's a chance, I want to play as Che & Castro again with my childhood friend, he'd be mindblown

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Please do share impressions even if you're no tech head :)

But I want Guerrilla War instead :(
Was IW in the SNK collection? If yes maybe there's a chance, I want to play as Che & Castro again with my childhood friend, he'd be mindblown
Yes. Both the arcade and NES versions.
It's uses twin stick input to fake the rotating joystick from the arcade, and they made a huge fuss about how difficult it was to do, so I have no idea how it will work in the Aca version.

Rellik

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if it has been asked before but did the MARIO rabbids DLC (donkey kong adventure) went on sale in the eshop this new year? I know that the MARIO rabbids gold collection went on sale (I bought the standard edition) but I wanted to know if the season pass (stand-alone) went on sale too just like the octo expansion for Splatoon 2. I just beat the game 100% and want more so I was looking at the DLC.

Thanks in advance!

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017

•OBSERVER: Have no idea if this game's good but I'm pretty dubious the eShop trailer truthfully shows Switch "gameplay", impressions

I've been chipping away at this on PS4 over the past few months and have mixed feelings.

Rutger is fantastic, the mood/setting/story are all really good. I find that isolating the item you have to scan and choosing the right visor can get bothersome, and have been stuck for a while at a few parts including some mediocre stealth passages.

Coming back to it after some time away can also make reorienting yourself quite challenging.

As your health deteriorates and the visuals get more glitchy, combined with the visor-type effects, I can actually get a bit motion sick until I remember to make the character take his pill. Which is effective and kinda cool but not entirely pleasant.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry if it has been asked before but did the MARIO rabbids DLC (donkey kong adventure) went on sale in the eshop this new year? I know that the MARIO rabbids gold collection went on sale (I bought the standard edition) but I wanted to know if the season pass (stand-alone) went on sale too just like the octo expansion for Splatoon 2. I just beat the game 100% and want more so I was looking at the DLC.

Thanks in advance!

Don't have an answer to your question but wanted to ask if your phone also autocorrects Mario to all-caps?

I've always hated that and thought it was a weird quirk on my phone.

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

•RIOT Civil Unrest: is the gameplay meaningful/captivating?

•X-Morph Defense (edit: wait it's not out yet lol, but trailer looked great and reviews are good... performance was AWFUL on PS4 tho with crashes, minutes long loadings and bugs so I hope someone properly reviews the Switch port)

OT:
Damn I really hope Puzzle Bobble 2's price is not indicative of Hamster's ACA new prices for the SA eShop... 😭
Re: Observer

Found this switch footage framerate analysis. Seems like it's a bit all over the place but maybe that's not so important for this game.

https://youtu.be/78MFjaTKDlc

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up Glass Masquerade today and I love it. Each puzzle kind of gives you a few freebies at the beginning by making four or five of the pieces flash red, and these have little circles on them that line up to the same kind of circles along the border of the puzzle. These are simply to get you started and definitely don't serve to make it easier. They start you with the France puzzle, and once you complete it, you're free to choose from four puzzles which are geographically close to France. You work your way through in this manner.

I finished the first three puzzles so far and it's a very relaxing game, just as advertised. There are no time limits, though the game will keep track of how long it takes you to complete and what your fastest time is.

It's also on sale right now for $9 and change.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Picked up Glass Masquerade today and I love it. Each puzzle kind of gives you a few freebies at the beginning by making four or five of the pieces flash red, and these have little circles on them that line up to the same kind of circles along the border of the puzzle. These are simply to get you started and definitely don't serve to make it easier. They start you with the France puzzle, and once you complete it, you're free to choose from four puzzles which are geographically close to France. You work your way through in this manner.

I finished the first three puzzles so far and it's a very relaxing game, just as advertised. There are no time limits, though the game will keep track of how long it takes you to complete and what your fastest time is.

It's also on sale right now for $9 and change.

I own Glass Masquerade on Steam and I love it. It's a beautiful game and a pleasure to play. I used to play it to relax after stressing my brain with Hexcells -- another awesome puzzle game I hope gets ported to Switch one day.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
I seriously have to buy new games, else i'm gonna be one of these dudes who claim the Switch is boring simply because i have no new games to play. I just dont know what the heck i want to play. Think im in the mood for some more metroidvania goodness.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Observer looks interesting but I wonder if I would have more fun just watching Bladerunner again.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buy Oniken or Odallus yet? How do they run?

They seem to run fine, but both games have some unorthodox control schemes, with the latter game honestly being game breaking for me. A is to jump in both games, X is the main attack in Oniken (and Up X uses grenades), but Odallus has the sub weapon button as X, and the main attack as Y. That's unacceptable. There's currently no custom controls as well, but the developer has had a day 0 twitter thread and mentioned that custom controls are amongst the first things to be included in an upcoming patch.

Oct 28, 2017

Thanks in advance!
In EU at least it's never gone on sale, been sitting in my wishlist since release.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
They seem to run fine, but both games have some unorthodox control schemes, with the latter game honestly being game breaking for me. A is to jump in both games, X is the main attack in Oniken (and Up X uses grenades), but Odallus has the sub weapon button as X, and the main attack as Y. That's unacceptable. There's currently no custom controls as well, but the developer has had a day 0 twitter thread and mentioned that custom controls are amongst the first things to be included in an upcoming patch.

Thanks, think I'll get Oniken while still on sale and just wait for them to patch it.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017

You literally saved me €20.
I'm not even exaggerating, thanks so much because that is something I think not many would have written about and, alas it IS game breaking for me.

Hopefully they patch both.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How's Teslagrad? Looks cool enough for a physics platformer.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You literally saved me €20.
I'm not even exaggerating, thanks so much because that is something I think not many would have written about and, alas it IS game breaking for me.

Hopefully they patch both.

I believe both of them will get patched.

Oniken's... while it's a bit weird, at the very least, it's something I could manage. It's like a reverse of my Smash Bros controls where my X is jump and A is normal moves.

CaptainNuevo

Mascot Maniac
Oct 25, 2017
Did Odallus and Oniken have a "Buy 1 discount on the other" deal? I think I read that they would somewhere but can't find the deets.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
How's Teslagrad? Looks cool enough for a physics platformer.

There's a move you get pretty early on which it seemed like you use pretty often and each time you do it there's a quick lightning flash effect on the screen. Not sure if they patched it (played it on Wii U for 30 mins to an hour a while back) but it hurt my eyes and was migraine inducing for me (but I'm prone to them to begin with). So YMMV, most people may not be effected or bothered by it at all, but thought I'd mention it at least.

Are you just looking for awesome 2D games? Have you played Elliot Quest and Splasher already? Two of my favorite Indies of recent years. Former is 2D side scrolly Zeldalike, latter is Rayman-esque bouncy platformer of tricky collectibles and clever level design delight.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a move you get pretty early on which it seemed like you use pretty often and each time you do it there's a quick lightning flash effect on the screen. Not sure if they patched it (played it on Wii U for 30 mins to an hour a while back) but it hurt my eyes and was migraine inducing for me (but I'm prone to them to begin with). So YMMV, most people may not be effected or bothered by it at all, but thought I'd mention it at least.

Are you just looking for awesome 2D games? Have you played Elliot Quest and Splasher already? Two of my favorite Indies of recent years. Former is 2D side scrolly Zeldalike, latter is Rayman-esque bouncy platformer of tricky collectibles and clever level design delight.

It appealed to me as a physics based Metroidvania with minimal combat.

Elliot Quest and Splasher don't appeal to me aesthetically but thanks for bringing them up.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I seriously have to buy new games, else i'm gonna be one of these dudes who claim the Switch is boring simply because i have no new games to play. I just dont know what the heck i want to play. Think im in the mood for some more metroidvania goodness.
Rain World and Hollow Knight are the best metroidvanias on the platform, then La-Mulana 2 is coming later this year.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Hollow Knight

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
Finally beat Hollow Knight! 80% in 53 freaking hours lol

Maybe I'll go back to it sometime in the future but that will do for now. All in all, I think this game deserves to be on my top ten ever. It's so well made, beautiful and full of content and great moments, there's nothing like it. Definitely the best metroidvania that I've ever played. The only bad thing about it is how slow the pacing is in the first 10 hours compared to the rest of the game which almost made me put down the game forever. Glad I didn't!

But really happy that I can put it aside because after all the sales lately I have now a backlog of 14 games just on switch so I really need to get some stuff finished!

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
It appealed to me as a physics based Metroidvania with minimal combat.

Elliot Quest and Splasher don't appeal to me aesthetically but thanks for bringing them up.

Sure thing. Well, I definitely remember what we played of Teslagrad that it was physics-based and I want to say more exploration and puzzle oriented. I remember the atmosphere in the game was really cool, too.