• Phoug Bencer

Votes: 152 14.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
On the other hand and since our primary sources are insiders like Captain, Nate or Grubb it would be nice to keep a track of their teases whenever they feel to share them, so they get fully accesible onthe first post instead of having to search through an ocean of memes and off topic.
The journey is more important than the destination!

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I think that the odds of a Direct are 100%, with the type of direct being arbitrary and unpredictable. We've had 40 minute Mini's, 40 minute General directs. Some people know Direct dates, some people know what titles are happening, some know title estimates. Putting 2 and 2 together is logical. Everyone thought the Partner Showcase was going to be the direct-that-replaced-E3, and entirely logical prediction. And in a way, it did. Nintendo just squeezed its E3 to be a fraction of what it was intended to be, and pushed the announcements back. That's why we got the Pikmin announcement.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
You're definitely in for a treat. I'm not sure how well sunshine and 64 will hold up for someone who didn't play them when they were current but Galaxy is top tier. Like if it came out now it'd be GOTY.
All 3 are better than Odyssey imho. Just hope they touch up the controls a bit.
Most excited for Sunshine despite its flaws. Galaxy next. If there's any sort of ridiculous co-op feature for 64 that would be a big excitement boost, but I'm not expecting anything.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I did a bunch of sidequests and am 2 levels above the penultimate boss but I just couldn't crack it last I played. Maybe I'm approaching it wrong. Either way, yeah I should probably just tone down the difficulty. Good advice!
I mean it depends on a couple of things, I did I think 90% of the sidequests, if not more. I was like 10 levels over the penultimate boss when I faced them, but regardless you should just check out your party composition. Try and level up a few arts or skills, you could kill some unique monsters to try and get more skill links going. There's a bunch of stuff that doesn't necessarily mean straight grinding for levels, but I think you dropping the difficulty will help a lot.

tumblr_mq3zck2f7c1s5hut9o1_500.gif
Welcome to the Nintendo Leaker Twitter account, where the leaks are made up and the insiders don't matter.

How I wish F-Zero GX was on the switch. Could be just a straight port too...

Jan 2, 2018
I'm not a Metroid fan, but if I would wait for almost two decades to get a new mainline entry of my favourite franchise, I think I would be disappointed if Nintendo wouldn't develop it in-house. I really hope for all of you that Mercury Steam is making a masterpiece!

MisterSpo

One Winged Slayer
Feb 12, 2019
One of the things that differentiates this month for me is that we're so close to the final quarter of the year now I expect Nintendo have to make announcements. Some of the more on the ball analysts also seemed to conclude recently that there'd be news by the end of this month. Add in what we're hearing from Nate and the Captain, and the signs are stronger now than they were last month.

wookiee

Jul 14, 2020
It's hardly MS fault, Metroid II was the most limiting 2D entry, linear and lacking variety in content. MS did a great job remaking it, but there was only so much they could do without just making it a different game. Remember they originally came to Nintendo with a pitch for a Fusion remake. I reckon they could make an excellent game given more creative freedom.
AM2R is a better remake of Metroid 2 by a landslide. I guess at least they tried to do something interesting with Samus Returns.

I do agree though I'd much prefer them with some freedom vs. them and Nintendo co-developing. Sakamoto isn't my favorite dude at Nintendo.

hologram

Jun 30, 2020
Yeah I agree, my "50%" predicition was kind of a joke too, I also think we have 70% or so this time (unless Nintendo doubles down on strange decisions, which can happen).
Glad to see we're on the same page! In retrospect, it was fairly obvious it was a joke haha
You're definitely in for a treat. I'm not sure how well sunshine and 64 will hold up for someone who didn't play them when they were current but Galaxy is top tier. Like if it came out now it'd be GOTY.
All 3 are better than Odyssey imho. Just hope they touch up the controls a bit.
I've only played Sunshine, and even then never finished it. I'm so hyped.
I would expect less in a mini vs a general and also it not being livestreamed. Something akin to the March mini in terms of scope and announcements is my baseline.
Hmmm, I dunno, given that they didn't shadow drop the Indies it seems unlikely they will for first party stuff, assuming they've got something meaty (and I count the Mario 3D Collection as something meaty).

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a Metroid fan, but if I would wait for almost two decades to get a new mainline entry of my favourite franchise, I think I would be disappointed if Nintendo wouldn't develop it in-house. I really hope for all of you that Mercury Steam is making a masterpiece!
I really enjoyed the Metroid 2 remake on 3DS, so I think the next one they put out will be pretty good too and this time will have an even better control for it. Also, as an F-Zero fan the best one wasn't even made by Nintendo, it was made by some of the people behind Yakuza. If only they could pry that bastard away from that series, but the dude basically just physically embodies the series now.
You need to pray to Captain Dill Spalcon, the only one who can make this possible.
Maybe one day.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
It really sucks it's confirmed No More Directs for the rest of 2020, but we should all be happy to be alive tbqh.

Plum

May 31, 2018
So what's happened in the past day or so? Are we still expecting a Direct this month or do we have expectations more in line with the horrible hell-world we all are forced to live in?

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
We already learned that this is not a good idea.
Because this thread moves between the absurd contradiction of being the place where we get informed but at the same time people don't want the information to be accessible, but at the same time they don't want it to be hidden either. So we make this nonsense of hidden content tags and offtopic chat that transforms the thread into something impossible to follow, forcing people to waste their day here to keep track of the rumours or else ask each afternoon the same things.

I just don't think it is a solution, because the problem is that the thread objective is to keep us informed but at the same time to make us fight for that information in a jungle of noise. It's really frustrating for anyone that doesn't really have much time.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
So what's happened in the past day or so? Are we still expecting a Direct this month or do we have expectations more in line with the horrible hell-world we all are forced to live in?
Still expecting something on the 28. The optimists say a General, the pesimists a Micro Partner Showcase. I'm leaning towards the General, but 2020 was taught me not to trust Nintendo marketing too much.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think if there is not a general direct this month, nintendo needs to release a statement. At least saying that "covid had affected development making it difficult to openly discuss projects in flux, we will speak more about our plans for the rest of 2020 in the near future, and begin to tell you about games for 2021 early next year"

it would be stating the obvious, but it would at least be communication rather than radio silence, and it would properly set expectations.

Jan 2, 2018
Because this thread moves between the absurd contradiction of being the place where we get informed but at the same time people don't want the information to be accessible, but at the same time they don't want it to be hidden either. So we make this nonsense of hidden content tags and offtopic chat that transforms the thread into something impossible to follow, forcing people to waste their day here to keep track of the rumours or else ask each afternoon the same things.

I just don't think it is a solution, because the problem is that the thread objective is to keep us informed but at the same time to make us fight for that information in a jungle of noise. It's really frustrating for anyone that doesn't really have much time.

You have two options:

- Participate in this fun OT
- Don't participate in this fun OT and just ask every now and then what's up

I don't understand why this is so difficult for you.

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I think if there is not a general direct this month, nintendo needs to release a statement. At least saying that "covid had affected development making it difficult to openly discuss projects in flux, we will speak more about our plans for the rest of 2020 in the near future, and begin to tell you about games for 2021 early next year"

it would be stating the obvious, but it would at least be communication rather than radio silence, and it would properly set expectations.
The statement will be: "You will play Pikmin 3 and you'll like it. Also some of you have not even finished 3 Houses' 4 routes, so stop complaining and play the fucking game. Best regards and stay safe".

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

Still on board the 28th train for a Direct related thing.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jensen Huang said:
We are already seeing amazing numbers from our console partner, Nintendo. The Switch is about to sell more than Super Nintendo, more than all the Famicom, which was one of the best gaming consoles of all time. I mean, they are on their way to make Switch the most successful gaming platform of all time. And so, I am super excited for them. And so, I think it's going to be quite a huge second half of the year.
wccftech.com

NVIDIA CEO: Second Half of 2020 Will Be Gaming's Most Amazing Season Ever

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang proclaimed during the Q2 2021 earnings call that the second half of 2020 may be gaming's most amazing season ever.

just thought it was a fun little quote

Jan 2, 2018
wccftech.com

NVIDIA CEO: Second Half of 2020 Will Be Gaming's Most Amazing Season Ever

NVIDIA CEO Jensen Huang proclaimed during the Q2 2021 earnings call that the second half of 2020 may be gaming's most amazing season ever.

just thought it was a fun little quote

In terms of sales? Absolutely. Nintendo's 2020 looks mighty fine in that regard!

Just did, nothing found😅

No offence, but you are a bit naive.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

We're relentlessly optimistic.

For good reason this time. When even Nate tries to hype us all up you know something good's probably coming.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
Well, this is a thread about speculation. Editing it with confirmed announcements doesn't seem to be very useful, since whenever a direct gets scheduled there will be a separate thread about it.

On the other hand and since our primary sources are insiders like Captain, Nate or Grubb it would be nice to keep a track of their teases whenever they feel to share them (like yesterday's tease about Dante in Smash, which happened to be just trolling, but still), so they get fully accesible on the first post instead of having to search through an ocean of memes and off topic (something that I'm sure lots of us do when somebody says here something important, in order to read the exact words).
I wanted to do this when I was OP, but it's really not a good idea. Insiders' teases are abstruse and underground by design, and attempts to circumvent that and consequently draw attention to them end up pissing them off and driving them away

Deleted member 70647

User requested account closure
Banned
May 31, 2020
Honestly I feel so jaded at this point that I like can't see a general happening. Like I believe that it's super possible, but my brain just can't PERCEIVE it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.