• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
E5v0IaMWEAEodno

Legend. Love an unhinged "go fuck yourself" presser

Oct 25, 2017

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I think this hurts so much because I know the Habs aren't even making the playoffs next year. I might be waiting 30 years or more again to experience this, or never.

This is the fucking worst, so devastating even if it was a fools hope to think Montreal could ever win.

Here we go again.

You don't know jack.

Stuggernaut

Oct 28, 2017
Seattle, WA, USA
lol at that comment by Kutcherov, what a dick lol... salt in wound!! He is farming "boos" for next season ;)

Anyway, don't despair fellow Habs fans (Chin up Solo!!!!)! We had an average/shitty season and a kick ass run at the cup. We just finally ran into a team that was faster, stronger on the puck, and one that could punish you for the smallest of mistakes. Hats off to the Bolts!!

Before that though....

- We drank the tears of Leafs fans everywhere
- We hard stopped a strong Jets team
- We overcame a really good Knights team
- Our defense shuts down some of the best lines in hockey
- Price showed us what he is capable of and had so many haters eating crow
- We had exciting goals and amazing streaks (PK!!)

Seriously, it was fucking glorious and even though I wanted the cup, I got WAY more than I envisioned would happen during the last week or so of the season when they were fighting to get in.

Habs are hungry, and they KNOW they can compete. Few tweaks, few trades, etc... we'll be back, and NOT in 28 years!

GO HABS GO!

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Expected finals, expected champ.

It was funny seeing NBC rush to the end because man, why did NBC want the NHL again? I guess it did help the NHL but yeesh.

Oct 26, 2017
www.resetera.com

NHL 2021 Offseason |OT| Enter the Kraken

Previously, in the National Hockey League... In a 2020-21 season with many oddities, including fewer games, realigned divisions, taxi squads, and exclusively intra-divisional play, the one constant was the Tampa Bay Lightning. The Bolts made short work of any and all obstacles, not the least of...

Poverty Offseason thread

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an issue with Kucherov's comments. You won, you're the champ, you can talk your shit. It's a bit of a weird thing to go after a fanbase, but he's entitled to it.

Signed,

One of those fans acting like the Habs won the Stanley Cup on Monday night.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
Classless way to go about your win, I know alcohol was probably talking but it's being a sore winner regardless.

Vasilevskiy's 5 consecutive series-clinching shutouts are insane. Got him in the 3rd round when my fantasy league started 5 years ago and has been an absolute steal. Glad I can keep him year after year.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017
idk I kinda like the spice. Drunk Kuch is great

I don't mind the shirtless drunk stuff like, I loved Ovi's passion for winning it. Showed how happy he was. It's just that attacking another fanbase after they lost is the textbook definition of a sore winner to me. It's not like the kind of spice that adds to the next game, the season's over.

Oct 27, 2017
I think this hurts so much because I know the Habs aren't even making the playoffs next year. I might be waiting 30 years or more again to experience this, or never.

This is the fucking worst, so devastating even if it was a fools hope to think Montreal could ever win.
They make the playoffs next year, guaranteed. Stop being such a fairweather fan!

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They make the playoffs next year, guaranteed. Stop being such a fairweather fan!

I dunno man. You have to think (with current rosters of course, who knows what will go down in the next 3 months) that Tampa, Toronto, Boston and Florida will all get more points than Montreal.

Maybe BargainBin will pull off a Subban for Weber type of blindside deal that will shake everything up?

My biggest fear, and it seems to be how Bergevin has reacted over the past decade, is that he will double down on his "just get in the playoffs and anything can happen" mentality rather than addressing the obvious needs the team has to truly be a contender.

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno man. You have to think (with current rosters of course, who knows what will go down in the next 3 months) that Tampa, Toronto, Boston and Florida will all get more points than Montreal.

Maybe BargainBin will pull off a Subban for Weber type of blindside deal that will shake everything up?

My biggest fear, and it seems to be how Bergevin has reacted over the past decade, is that he will double down on his "just get in the playoffs and anything can happen" mentality rather than addressing the obvious needs the team has to truly be a contender.
Romanov, KK, Suzuki and Caufield will all be a year older. That D core is still gonna be pretty good. Price is also good for a couple of years.

The most important things is how he does with UFAs / RFAs, and how other kids can rise to the challenge in the next two years.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
Kucherov: "The fans acted like they won the Stanley Cup"... what? No, they acted like they just won a game. Do Tampa fans not celebrate?

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Romanov, KK, Suzuki and Caufield will all be a year older. That D core is still gonna be pretty good. Price is also good for a couple of years.

The most important things is how he does with UFAs / RFAs, and how other kids can rise to the challenge in the next two years.

But HFBoards told me KK has played his last game as a Hab!

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I can cling to the weird and sad fact that I attended the first (and only) Habs SCF win since winning the Cup in 1993?

#itsallivegotleft

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Even when you shut down the top talent you can't beat Tampa. There's just too much depth and talent on that roster.

It was a good run. I can enjoy what happened and not let the ending ruin the whole thing. You have to enjoy a playoff run and brief success when it comes. Remember, some teams go 50+ years being terrible.

Jachaos

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it's a guarantee that all 4 make the playoffs. Seasons aren't always predictable, injuries can happen and I don't see the Bruins as a shoe-in for example. With Bergeron and Krejci at 35, Rask at 34, Marchand at 33, and with Suzuki, Caufield, Kotkaniemi and Romanov all 21 or so, there's a world where their progress puts them ahead of an aging Bruins core.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
www.thebeaverton.com

Team that wasn't subject to Salary Cap better than teams that were

Tampa Bay, FL - The Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup last night, proving once and for all that, in a salary cap league, a team that blatantly exceeds the salary cap will usually be better than teams that don't.

"After the game The Lightning locker room was filled with the usual screams of 'wooo', champagne flying, and players drawing straws to see who will announce they need surgery next week that will keep them out of the 2021-2022 regular season, but they're hoping to be back for the playoffs. "

lmao