crimzonflame

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if the other major professional sports leagues let their historic and storied franchise go on a 28 year drought.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think this hurts so much because I know the Habs aren't even making the playoffs next year. I might be waiting 30 years or more again to experience this, or never.

This is the fucking worst, so devastating even if it was a fools hope to think Montreal could ever win.

RC.

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I think this hurts so much because I know the Habs aren't even making the playoffs next year. I might be waiting 30 years or more again to experience this, or never.

This is the fucking worst, so devastating even if it was a fools hope to think Montreal could ever win.

I want to say it'll get better with time. But it won't. Atleast you got a once in a lifetime experience out of it.

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017

... :'( Yeah man, this one really stings because it didn't feel like they could even get this far. Now we'll go into the offseason, with that expectation despite all signs pointing to this being a one-off. Like honestly, I don't think any Habs fan thought a Marc Bergevin built team would make the Stanley Cup finals, yet they did! That being said, I don't see this as the end of the line. The young kids all look like keepers, that's definitely a positive step. There are quite a few areas to iron out, but they showed they can go far (something they haven't done for a long time).

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
CBR-header-The-Evil.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It is adorable that with Bettman's preamble in front of the Conn Smythe he mentions Ken Dryden and there's no reaction but the moment he mentions goaltender they finally realize who's getting it and start cheering 😆

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you can scream about cap circumvention all you want, but look at Tampas drafting and player development. Second to none. Montreal more or less neutralized the Point line but it didn't matter when that team had so much depth.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also pretty wild that Stamkos is now basically a non-factor/also-ran. This isn't his team anymore.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No Cup for Price or Weber in their careers either unless some miracle cap retention deal to a contender happens. That really sucks.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
You know Tampa has arrived as a sports city when people at bars are saying that they're tired of seeing Tampa winning. This is coming from a guy that grew up with so many bad teams in Tampa Bay sports.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Makes you wonder if they hadn't allowed that brainfart Coleman goal in Game 2.

Tampa too stronk though. Congrats to all the Bolts fans, it's a hell of a team.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Annnnd the final dagger is watching Sergachev hoist the Cup while Drouin wasn't even playing

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, friendly reminder that Bergevin offersheeted Point before Aho in 2019 and Point laughed him out of the joint.

Habs

Mar 10, 2021
Nothing more I hate in sports than back to back champions. Fuck you Tampa Bay Lightning, fuck you FC Bayern München.

Well deserved victory for Tampa. They are just unreal. 5 SO in a row to clinch a series, who else can do this.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you can scream about cap circumvention all you want, but look at Tampas drafting and player development. Second to none. Montreal more or less neutralized the Point line but it didn't matter when that team had so much depth.
Tampa worked within the rules tbf. If any team wants to have their best player go through surgery and miss the entire regular season in order to circumvent the cap.... they do have that option.

And yeah their drafting and development is insane. This is exactly how you build a team that can contend sustainably over many years, not just a flash in the pan relying on a confluence of factors (not talking about anyone in particular here). And funny enough Yzerman was arguably responsible for it all, but wasn't present for either Cup.

Also pretty wild that Stamkos is now basically a non-factor/also-ran. This isn't his team anymore.
It isn't his team in that he isn't their best player, but he still led the team in scoring (p/gp) in the regular season and still finished with 18 points in the playoffs. I figure it's harder for his broken body to maintain over 4 rounds.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You got an experience of a lifetime out of it :)

Congrats Tampa. Hard to go back-to-back. Can't say shit about the cap, Leafs do the same shit 🤣

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, Pat Maroon is winning me over with how he's celebrating with the fans

Last edited:

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaannnnn I just kind of feel....nothing right now? These past 7 weeks have been glorious, an improbable and memorable run that has sparked a passion for this team that I haven't felt in years, and you just want the story to keep going on forever. And then it just ends abruptly. There is no more. There is no prize. It's just over. There's a weird addition of devastation and relief that equates to a big void. It's like I can kind of buy into the "its not the destination, it's the journey" mentality and remember the highs and lows fondly, but then there is the crushing disappointment of no Cup at the end of the road :(

I guess I should just try to go to sleep. Fuck, this really hurts.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Oh no, Pat Maroon is winning me over with how he's celebrating with the fans
Yeah I actually teared up. Not a Lightning fan but to see someone so in the moment(lol with a phone I know) and taking it all in is so special to me as a sports fan and former athlete.
Softball and Street hockey champion 2000!

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Maaaaannnnn I just kind of feel....nothing right now? These past 7 weeks have been glorious, an improbable and memorable run that has sparked a passion for this team that I haven't felt in years, and you just want the story to keep going on forever. And then it just ends abruptly. There is no more. There is no prize. It's just over. There's a weird addition of devastation and relief that equates to a big void. It's like I can kind of buy into the "its not the destination, it's the journey" mentality and remember the highs and lows fondly, but then there is the crushing disappointment of no Cup at the end of the road :(

I guess I should just try to go to sleep. Fuck, this really hurts.

May I recommend lighting a couple cars on fire? For catharsis?

Oct 25, 2017
How often does a player win the playoff scoring race twice consecutively and not get the Conn Smythe either time?

Not saying Hedman or Vasi didn't deserve it, but that can't be common.